Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He wasn’t ready to go week one(Dickerson). He actually came in for Brooks first.

Yes as I stated he was injured pre nfl…. He was in recovery when we drafted him everyone knew that…

But once he started he played in every game minus a game he missed because of Covid. No his durability doesn’t concern me unless he starts to miss numerous seasons/ games in the nfl. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It happened last season. He’s had a few other lapses. I want him to be hyper focused and spend this offseason and season as focused as Hurts. Think he will dominate if that’s the case. Do feel it’s fair to question though. If we are being real and not just fanboys here.

Every player deals with crap they are human beings. But again you weren’t talking about Brooks commitment to the game when he was missing games because of mental issues. I didn’t hear you questioning him and his willingness to play. Why is it now such a huge deal with Lane. 

Even his so called down year for lane he gave up what 1 sack maybe 2 and still easily top 3 RT in the game. Like no there is nothing to question with him honestly 

The fact is you can’t name 5 OL units better then the Eagles sure could nitpick and maybe take a different group #1 but at the end of the day our OL is a strength is gives Hurts ZERO EXCUSES. 

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Cowboys and Redskins had better ranked Oline by some last season. Cowboys added a top pick T to that.

Cowboys lost a starter, new guy is playing G is unknown, have a meh C and unknown dude at RT hardly say they are better then us. 

Washington lost there best OL to the Jags lost there RT Moses

10 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Our OL is so good....the best... he is insecure about getting a spot. 

Supposedly Kelce's replacement

10 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’ve just watched this team for way too many seasons. Seems like when everybody gets these super high expectations in the summer on paper nothing signals disappointment more. Making the leap from overachieving squad that sneaks into the playoffs and SB champion is a very huge gap not to be underestimated. How many times have I watched teams that thought they could win it all….not. Only to still need to add a Deion Sanders to get them over the hump.

So after waving pom poms all off season you're ready to throw in the towel?

10 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Ok... so I know you realize our OL is a good one... but for argument sake.... which OL would you put in front of them?

Which OL is better?    

Ham says "it's a team game" so when you present him with a "good O line" he has to separate them into individuals to fit the narrative. So its a team game when he wants, but not when he needs it

But you have to admit his durability is a legit concern

LMAO oh he came here hurt(same as Jurgens) ,and was a rook, but after 1 year he isn't durable? You are already starting to make excuses for Hurts before we even played a game. "OH the Oline stinks" lol. Good O line,bad Oline,no matter,Hurts has to show us everything this year besides running. Indications are he has made alot of progress,but we will know when he hits the field

Kelce….yeah. I think his PLAY has fallen off honestly

Isn't that why we drafted Jurgens??????

So elaborate here. You think we are the most talented team in the league other than QB? What do you doubt about Hurts? Does he have to be the best player on the team and carry the offense? Does he have to be an elite QB going for league MVP? Or do you doubt he can be a solid starter that lets the playmakers make the plays? If your expectations aren’t that he needs to be ARod level of player…I call realistic. Then you doubt his leadership? That guys won’t play for him and give their all. He don’t bring out the best in his teammates. Or do you think big games are too much for him. That he’ll fold in the big moments. That on third downs he shrinks? That he blows it in the Redzone?

We need Hurts to become EXTREEEEEEEEEME and score 1 more TD per game than last year,which according to you cannot be done

I think we have a very strong Oline. Brought up question marks across our starters though. Legit concerns. We aren’t talking Kelce of 2015. This is strictly 2022. Even 2015 Kelce would struggle versus Donald, Vea and Armstead. RG is a weakness. Don’t care who wins the job. They aren’t holding up against the best. So time for your argument coming back on you. If it’s about beating the top teams. We have problems. Wouldn’t consider our Oline versus those DLines in our favor.

We're DOOOOOOOOOMED

9 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Like I said, I have no desire for Power Ranking click bait the media pushes to justify their jobs. All crap to me. Just like every Joe Schmoe Mock Draft. Totally meaningless to me.

Yet you use rankings when talking about Hurts 🤣

I believe it’s a matchup based league. A team could have a bad record but doesn’t mean they don’t matchup well with you. All that really matters is that week. You want to win in the playoffs. All you’ve harped on for a year is beating the good teams. Does our Oline dominate the elite teams DLines in conference? Isn’t that all that really matters? Or is it that our LT didn’t give up a sack versus the third string pass rusher one week? Are you riding into Santa Clara expecting we have a favorable matchup against Bosa because somebody ranked our Oline number one? 

Who knows? We haven't played a game yet LOL. All this conjecture ends when we hit the field. So we need entirely new O lines for each team we play? You'd need to expand the roster to 180 players. may be some games we don't look good,other we will. every team is like that

Internet was out for 14 hours.It's going to be 102 here the next 2 days,so it may go out again. I need to go back to FL to cool off

Expectations clearly have been raised. Hurts has to read the D and pass better. Pointed out how his footwork and mechanics were flawed. Think those are fixable. Love that he went to House. Exactly what he needed. Don’t think everything was magically fixed in a few weeks. Also worry under pressure guys revert to old ways. Don’t take much out of OTA news. But you clearly hear the difference in these specific areas. Saw the one picture of Hurts that actually spoke plenty to me. His throwing motion was higher with the release. House is good. Do think Jalen has some of these just fundamental flaws. 
  In short, I think Hurts has to improve clearly. He hasn’t done enough for me to commit without looking for other options. I would have traded for Watson. Not a Boy Scout and missing some of the intangibles. But Watson is a leader and players know he will deliver. Think Watson is a potential top five guy. I wouldn’t sign Hurts for 50 mil a season at this point. Maybe never. My bar isn’t whether he can be ARod. He’s almost the opposite of him, ARod is the arrogant aloof stud QB that carries his team with ability. Guys believe in ARod. Know he’ll deliver in the clutch. But they more put up with him because if this. ARod killed many a WR because he threw them in the doghouse. ARod has been a problem for their team also. He’s butted heads with not just WR…but coaches and GMs. Bigger than everybody. Now was he right that McCarthy was a moron holding them back? I think so. Do I think ARod ran him out of town at expense of the season? Yes. Has he dusted up with the GM plenty? Yes. He worked his power with out restraint. Sometimes I agree with him. Like drafting Love probably cost them two SB. Hard to think they were that close the last few seasons and that first rounder contributing wouldn’t have made the difference. But this all creates a difficult work environment. Think he’s isolated. Guys more fear him than play for him.

You've been "all in" on Hurts since he "took the job" from Wentz, but now you see the flaws we have been talking about all year? Welcome aboard lol. If Arod carries his team when they need carried,who cares if he is arrogant(some call that confident). Maybe Hurts can try that this year? He needs to or he's not getting the money!!!! at least not HERE

Elite doing what? Blowing Vea and Armstead back? Keeping Donald in check? Like I’ve been saying: we turned to the physical run game last season. It was mostly for the Oline. They excel at this. But against TB we can’t physically dominate them. So you think we are elite passing versus Donald and Ramsey? We are favored in those matchups? 

So you don't game plan for the fact you may not have the perfect matchup??? Maybe you need to DT a guy? maybe you need more 2 TE sets in that game? isn't that why you game plan? Am I missing something?

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Jerry Rice was meaningless as being ranked by most people as the best WR... he never went head to head with other WRs...lol.

It's pretty simple when you ask a question.  Which other player or position group would you rather have. 

We all see it... the offense is set up, the QB will decide how far they go.  If he steps up to the level of player that will allow to stay here and get paid, then this team can go really far.   If he performs at the level of " placeholder" that you aren't going to pay...then they should just win the division and possibly a home playoff game.  If he performs poorly,  they may sneak in as a wildcard or just miss the playoffs.   

But it's a good roster with an easy schedule.  They aren't going to be a 7 or worse win team this year.  Too many good players for that.  

If you wouldn't pay a QB 50 million... then he isn't your QB.  He is your placeholder.    You don't tag a guy for the huge cap hit if you wouldn't pay him in the first place.    So with that mindset... you are thinking he is a temporary solution.  You don't believe in the guy.  

There are no middle of the road long term contracts at the QB position.   You won't see 5 years $100 mil contracts.   Teams are looking for the franchise QB that they are willing to pay, then can get a half price guy for much cheaper and with potential to be that franchise guy, they aren't going to waste money for mediocrity.  It's not like the other positions... QB is too expensive.

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

If you wouldn't pay a QB 50 million... then he isn't your QB.  He is your placeholder.    You don't tag a guy for the huge cap hit if you wouldn't pay him in the first place.    So with that mindset... you are thinking he is a temporary solution.  You don't believe in the guy.  

There are no middle of the road long term contracts at the QB position.   You won't see 5 years $100 mil contracts.   Teams are looking for the franchise QB that they are willing to pay, then can get a half price guy for much cheaper and with potential to be that franchise guy, they aren't going to waste money for mediocrity.  It's not like the other positions... QB is too expensive.

Welp, I was wondering if the "boot Wentz" was already in play when we drafted Hurts. Just seems like more than co-incidence to me,because as far as we knew Wentz was our QB. So maybe they saw the attitude issue,or why would you spend a 2 pick? Just seems weird, and we'll never know that answer. I mean if wentz was our guy we could have used that pick elsewhere

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We need Hurts to become EXTREEEEEEEEEME and score 1 more TD per game than last year,which according to you cannot be done

Would make us the number one offense in the league

I brought up others opinion that he was ranked 14. I have him ranked higher myself. So having a different point of view.

You've been "all in" on Hurts since he "took the job" from Wentz, but now you see the flaws we have been talking about all year? Welcome aboard lol. If Arod carries his team when they need carried,who cares if he is arrogant(some call that confident). Maybe Hurts can try that this year? He needs to or he's not getting the money!!!! at least not HERE

Don’t want him to

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I don’t agree. Think there are all level of players regardless of position.

Archived