Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Would make us the number one offense in the league

And what are your expectations with the crew we have this year? .500???

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Don’t want him to

So you've been preaching for over a year touting Hurts as the demi god player ,but now you decided you don't want enough success from him to sign him long term? You keep changing directions so much I need  GPS to locate where you are

21 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Definitely useless….where’s TJ Watt?

Reddick?

So if you never read them,how did you know they weren't on the list?

2 days ago. Interesting he is wearing midnight green. Could be brutal on ST's

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Welp, I was wondering if the "boot Wentz" was already in play when we drafted Hurts. Just seems like more than co-incidence to me,because as far as we knew Wentz was our QB. So maybe they saw the attitude issue,or why would you spend a 2 pick? Just seems weird, and we'll never know that answer. I mean if wentz was our guy we could have used that pick elsewhere

I think they wanted to gadget player and flip the pick like AJ Feeley.   But with injuries and the fact we didn’t have a backup long term... Hurts was also a cheap option.     Just like the Minshew move gave them a cheap option at backup for 2 years.   

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Would make us the number one offense in the league

I mean having the #1 OL...and the #4 WR group... add Goedert who is a top 5 to 8 two way TE.... if we get really good QB play and Sanders becomes a real player...  we could easily be the top offense. 

32 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I think they wanted to gadget player and flip the pick like AJ Feeley.   But with injuries and the fact we didn’t have a backup long term... Hurts was also a cheap option.     Just like the Minshew move gave them a cheap option at backup for 2 years.   

I know Shew wants to start. IDK what we do with him. He had a crap team in Jax. I think he would do well someplace.(Seattle??? at least as a place holder) Not a top 10 guy,but he could be better than some(you know I like him better for THIS team). Personally, I like him better than Tua and Tannehill. Could be trade bait if a contender's QB goes down. 

16 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t agree. Think there are all level of players regardless of position.

I want to know what kind of 2nd contract your expecting Hurts to accept?

Because you seem to be under the impression he is going to be super happy to accept some low ball QB contract and won’t be asking for franchise QB money. 

If your not happy paying him the 35+m a year contract then he isn’t the answer at QB and you move on because he isn’t playing for less. Whether we tag him or extend him 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-commanders/ereck-flowers-16733/stats-valuation/   Maybe a little insurance at G?? he's 28 and was a round 1 pick Wuss dumped him for the 10 mil cap hit savings. I know we have some rook prospects,but if you needed insurance for Seu..... or maybe he beats Seu outright

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-commanders/ereck-flowers-16733/stats-valuation/   Maybe a little insurance at G?? he's 28 and was a round 1 pick Wuss dumped him for the 10 mil cap hit savings. I know we have some rook prospects,but if you needed insurance for Seu..... or maybe he beats Seu outright

Pass our G room seem pretty stout as is. Have Semaulo has starting experience, Driscoll who you could argue is better at G then T who also has starting experience, the rook who is a C but likely won’t get to play C this season because of Kelce

Opeta who has seen some playing time and gave out some hefty contracts for two UDFA Gs in Anderson and Awosika. 

If we are looking for help for this team S is the obvious area right now 

The WR from Oregon seems to be getting quite a bit of hype because of his speed. Just seems odd that a 27 year old rookie who hasn’t played football since college is getting so much attention.

I hope he can make an impact as a ST guy because we could use a good returner but not expecting that much from him honestly 

43 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Pass our G room seem pretty stout as is. Have Semaulo has starting experience, Driscoll who you could argue is better at G then T who also has starting experience, the rook who is a C but likely won’t get to play C this season because of Kelce

Opeta who has seen some playing time and gave out some hefty contracts for two UDFA Gs in Anderson and Awosika. 

If we are looking for help for this team S is the obvious area right now 

IDK seems Flowers is better than Seu who I believe is the weakest link on the Oline. Just saying it would be an improvement. And we don't know if Jurgens can play right away as a BU(and he is not even SIGNED yet) Bradberry should do well in this defense and I would like to get some damn punters in here. I don't believe Sipos deserves a free ride. Just a few minor tweaks,nothing earth shaking

41 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

The WR from Oregon seems to be getting quite a bit of hype because of his speed. Just seems odd that a 27 year old rookie who hasn’t played football since college is getting so much attention.

I hope he can make an impact as a ST guy because we could use a good returner but not expecting that much from him honestly 

I think he can replace Reagor in the diminished role he was given (WR 5 I believe he is now) 

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2022/06/not-sure-if-devon-allen-can-catch-but-he-can-definitely-run.html  IDK nothing spent on the guy really.it's a risk/reward move and it's too early for me to decide. I know Reagor is a lost cause,at least here because his attitude STINKS. The concern for me about Allen is he is not 100% into football. The talent is there,but IDK if he can balance track and football. It's 2 different seasons,but still most top pros are football every day of the year guys. Perhaps he can do it,he has the talent and after the smokin run he just did,the knees should not be an issue unless he is hit. Being undrafted,let's see what he's got before we make any calls

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK seems Flowers is better than Seu who I believe is the weakest link on the Oline. Just saying it would be an improvement.

Based on what exactly would we say flowers is better then Semaulo???? His draft status from years ago?

Flowers was let go by the NYG who don’t have strong OL, Jags who didn’t have a strong OL, Miami and Washington twice.

Washjngton even lost there best OL who is a G and didn’t keep Flowers.

I just don’t see how he is even viewed as an upgrade or better Semaulo who has started played well and even got a contract extension from us couple years back because of his play. He might never be Brandon Brooks but he is a starting caliber G who won’t hurt the team 

Being undrafted,let's see what he's got before we make any calls

Him being undrafted is because he opted not to play football after college. He went to be a track star compete in the Olympics. He has not played football since college in 2016 that quite some time to be away from the game. 

Not say he won’t make just saying the hype around him definitely is not warranted in my opinion 

know Reagor is a lost cause

Reagor is 23 yea he might never make it but have more faith in his growth then I do a 27 year old who hasn’t played football since 2016 

Someone dropped out of our Auction FF League. Anyone interested email me. Cost is $100 for the year. It is a 12 team league and a keeper league.

email - oldcoach813 at yahoo dot com

45 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Him being undrafted is because he opted not to play football after college. He went to be a track star compete in the Olympics. He has not played football since college in 2016 that quite some time to be away from the game. 

Not say he won’t make just saying the hype around him definitely is not warranted in my opinion 

Welp it's off season and anything at all that makes news gets hyped.happens every year. The Wuss lost Flowers because he was a cap casualty. I was suggesting him as INSURANCE at least and camp would decide if he is better than Seu,not our opinions

48 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Reagor is 23 yea he might never make it but have more faith in his growth then I do a 27 year old who hasn’t played football since 2016 

I haven't ridden a bike in 30 years,but I did yesterday. Didn't take much for me to re-learn it. He didn't cost us anything and makes losing Reagor a little easier if he can play AT ALL. I don't think we'd pick him up if we didn't have some kind of hope for him,so I will withhold judgement. Yeah that 27 year old with "bad knees" was third fastest hurdle time in the WORLD 2 days ago. Gotta be washed up for sure. So,Like Rocky,he has a shot to make the team and it cost us the same as a few Tasykakes 

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yeah that 27 year old with "bad knees" was third fastest hurdle time in the WORLD 2 days ago. Gotta be washed up for sure.

Plenty of guys are fast doesn’t make them good at football 

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

The Wuss lost Flowers because he was a cap casualty. I was suggesting him as INSURANCE at least and camp would decide if he is better than Seu,not our opinions

Washington let him go twice not like this offseason was the first time… been on 5 different teams since being drafted.

Dude just hasn’t been good since coming to the league not speaking on opinion just facts of the game. Seamulo has started and played at a high level Flowers can’t stick with a team. 

as for INSURANCE you have a starting caliber G in Semaulo, Driscoll who can and has started games should even be in the running to start at RG, Opeta who has started games, Two UDFAs that we thought highly enough of that we gave them hefty contract more then you pay 6th round drafted guys. And a 2nd round pick in Jurgens. How much more insurance do we need at G 

Archived