Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

3 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Plenty of guys are fast doesn’t make them good at football 

Nope,but who are you to know that? Did we make a huge error getting him for nothing?(Reagor was a round 1???)

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Washington let him go twice not like this offseason was the first time… been on 5 different teams since being drafted.

Dude just hasn’t been good since coming to the league not speaking on opinion just facts of the game. Seamulo has started and played at a high level Flowers can’t stick with a team. 

as for INSURANCE you have a starting caliber G in Semaulo, Driscoll who can and has started games should even be in the running to start at RG, Opeta who has started games, Two UDFAs that we thought highly enough of that we gave them hefty contract more then you pay 6th round drafted guys. And a 2nd round pick in Jurgens. How much more insurance do we need at G 

So dont sign him,IDK it was a SUGGESTION. I wont be on for awhile because this board has turned to crap. GO Eagles,but I won't be on here much. EFF me for even mentioning anything. I'm outta here,I'm sure everyone is happy about that. I will see you in post season(if we get there)

I'm deleting the site.HF all

9 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Nope,but who are you to know that? Did we make a huge error getting him for nothing?(Reagor was a round 1???)

Did I say he was an error to get him… I said I don’t understand the hype around him 

9 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So dont sign him,IDK it was a SUGGESTION

I have zero control over who we sign all I can give is my opinion on guys and BACKUP why I like or dislike someone.

The same I was asking why you liked Flowers outside of his draft status from like 5-6 years ago 

17 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Washington let him go twice not like this offseason was the first time… been on 5 different teams since being drafted.

Dude just hasn’t been good since coming to the league not speaking on opinion just facts of the game. Seamulo has started and played at a high level Flowers can’t stick with a team. 

as for INSURANCE you have a starting caliber G in Semaulo, Driscoll who can and has started games should even be in the running to start at RG, Opeta who has started games, Two UDFAs that we thought highly enough of that we gave them hefty contract more then you pay 6th round drafted guys. And a 2nd round pick in Jurgens. How much more insurance do we need at G 

Not sure what you are looking at but Semaulo has been solid, but hardly playing at a High level IMO. Driscoll has been much better at both Guard and Tackle. Seamulo is the weakest link on our O-Line, so could be replaced and for less cash I would think.

4 hours ago, stine said:

Not sure what you are looking at but Semaulo has been solid, but hardly playing at a High level IMO. Driscoll has been much better at both Guard and Tackle. Seamulo is the weakest link on our O-Line, so could be replaced and for less cash I would think.

I have a much higher regard of semaulo play I’m fine with that. Was he the weak link on an OL that had JP,Kelce,Lane and Brooks for sure but he wasn’t bad and was a starting caliber G

I don’t think Driscoll has been better has been able to play and start for us but not better.

As for do i also think Semaulo can be upgraded by all means do think Flowers is that upgrade no

As for the cap of Semaulo irrelevant pretty sure he is on his final year the Eagles have cap space as it is no real need to move him unless we get a trade offer to good to pass up. No need to carry the dead cap otherwise to just release him 

13 hours ago, stine said:

That's why our OL is the best..because a dude like Seamulo is the weakest link.    Across the league they have way worse than him as a weakest link.

17 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

That's why our OL is the best..because a dude like Seamulo is the weakest link.    Across the league they have way worse than him as a weakest link.

I will be disappointed if they're not a Top 5 Offense. 

Ditto on winning the division. 

Priscilla ranked the top 100 players. Our highest was Slay at 85. The ranking business keeps the media busy.

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

He’s been LG and couldn’t really beat out Wis….a career mediocre player. Now we are talking RG. What are you basing his RG play on? Not too mention does durability come into play here at all? Dude been on the Trainer’s table more than the field for years.

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

We seem to lose Oline at a fairly rapid pace. The talk on paper in June is always overflowing optimism. Plenty to be optimistic about. But we have terrible luck along the Oline.

3 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I will be disappointed if they're not a Top 5 Offense. 

Ditto on winning the division. 

That’s really tough

Cracking into the top five is just incredible. We don’t know if many of these guys ready for that. Coaches and players. Can Steichen run a top five offense? I know many will say Hurts. And it’s true. The RBs also. Mostly Sanders. We were 12 last year. So top ten is clearly a goal. Need to improve. Not impossible to get top five. No doubt this team should be fun to watch. We have a hood balanced O. Have some different look defenders to mix things up. Defense makes plays.

2 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Any chance he could be acquired or do the Bolts keep him?

He’s the best S in the game if he can heal up properly. So if they were willing to trade him….you’d have to be real leery of his health.

For the Treylon Burks vs AJ folks, seems he has asthma and a few nicks, can't get on the field for minicamp

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He’s been LG and couldn’t really beat out Wis….a career mediocre player. Now we are talking RG. What are you basing his RG play on? Not too mention does durability come into play here at all? Dude been on the Trainer’s table more than the field for years.

So dude comes into the league... played 4 OL positions ...all except LG.   His team puts him at LG.  

A fan of his team ( the know it all smartest fan in the world in his own mind)  the guy who brings up rankings, college play...WHEN IT FITS HIS AGENDA.   

Now this guy brings up 2017.....5 years ago... 2nd year in the league.   

Hey, how could the 85  Bears be considered one of if not yhr the best defense of all time...  who were their CBs?   

Name an OL who is better than the Eagles.  Name an OL who's worst player is better than Seamulo.     Name an OL with more depth than the Eagles.    Name an OL who has a better position coach than the Eagles. 

Not a hard concept to follow here. 

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We seem to lose Oline at a fairly rapid pace. The talk on paper in June is always overflowing optimism. Plenty to be optimistic about. But we have terrible luck along the Oline.

Not really.... just 2020.   For the most part the other years were typical as compared to the league.   

I love how Semaulo is consider bad because he isn’t praised as much as freaks like JP, Mailata, Kelce, Brooks, Lane.

It use to be if your didn’t hear about an OL means he was pretty good at his job you rarely heard Semaulo name when he starts. 

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That’s really tough

Why is it tough ....to win the NFC East.... and to have a top 5 offense ...which includes the top OL, #4 group of WRs.... a top 5-8 two way TE.

If the RB is an elite talent....and the QB is legit the most explosive player in the league.... it's pretty much all set up. 

I mean throw in the coach who turned around the mess that was 2020.  How many guys in their first year can overcome that obstacle and create a winning identity.    

A play caller that pretty much has dominated since he started calling plays.   It's nor like there is a murderers row schedule either.    Why would we not be able to accomplish those things at the minimum?

Was looking at the NO Saints schedule and I think they have a solid chance of being a bottom 10 team. They play the AFC Central; 0 wins there. They play the NFC West: maybe 1 win there.

IF Atlanta and Carolina can manage splits, they will have 4 losses in their division. So that is 11 losses. They play the Eagles and Minnesota. Split at best. Also they play Nevada Raiders which should be a loss. So I count 13 losses. Could be 3 or 5 but we are looking at a top 10 pick next year IMO....

IF they lose Winston for any length of time, it could be a terrible season for them....

Archived