Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, stine said:

Was looking at the NO Saints schedule and I think they have a solid chance of being a bottom 10 team

Haven’t broken it down quite like you but I have been on record seeing the Saints as a bottom team. 
Lot of it has to do with a HC and QB that I just don’t see as good. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Treylon Burks has athsma?

The Football Gods are finally smiling at us. A clear win, that trade.

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Haven’t broken it down quite like you but I have been on record seeing the Saints as a bottom team. 
Lot of it has to do with a HC and QB that I just don’t see as good. 

Well, this is huge if the Eagles decide they need a QB next year. IF NO gets, lets say, the 8th pick, it may only cost the Eagles their 2 first rounders and a 2nd rounder to get to #2... That should guaranty a top rated passer...

1 hour ago, stine said:

Well, this is huge if the Eagles decide they need a QB next year. IF NO gets, lets say, the 8th pick, it may only cost the Eagles their 2 first rounders and a 2nd rounder to get to #2... That should guaranty a top rated passer...

I'll say on record that i think good chance both the Eagles and the Saints make the playoffs.   The Saints had pretty much everything go wrong last year and won 9 games.  

I'm a big fan of Sean Payton, but over the years it's kinda fallen off as far as the impact I think he’s had.  I don't see why they can't win 9 or 10 games this year.    Buy I'm absolutely rooting against them the next 2 seasons. 

11 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

For the Treylon Burks vs AJ folks, seems he has asthma and a few nicks, can't get on the field for minicamp

If Burks becomes highly successful it will always be a comparison between the two. They traded for Woods though. So the Titans WR room was the opposite of ours. Not mention their huge QB salary for a mediocre starter. We needed the established vet…he’s still very young but at least he’s not a rook looking to learn the ropes. Titans have the vets in their WR room so a rook made more sense for them. I think we hands down crushed them on that trade. Tampa exposed our weakness was pressing Smitty which allowed the heavy blitz. AJ is arguably the best guy to counter that. I also just wasn’t as high on Burks. Thought their was a clear top tier I don’t include him in. I was more willing to trade back(shocker I know) for that Watson kid from the small school. Such a huge ceiling. I’m clearly not always right….believe I have a pretty excellent track record though….No Mas will tell you….in my mind I feel I’m right hahahaha

On 6/15/2022 at 7:53 PM, GreenbleedinNC said:

I'm deleting the site.HF all

I hope you slept on things and didn’t do this. We are all grown. You dish things out as much as everybody. I’d rather BG…or whoever not feel any need for kid gloves. Just be straight and opinionated…as long as it’s backed up with solid logic and reasoning. So disagree argue…whatever. I prefer to think we have knowledgeable educated discussions. Differing opinions sometimes. So nobody should get that wrapped up and take things so personal. Basically …tough love here….man up. You dish….so you gotta take. But don’t let it get you so riled to effect your life. In your head you think your right….I get it. But everybody here has different answers. Something’s we agree….some we differ.

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Not mention their huge QB salary for a mediocre starter.

This is the path we are headed with Hurts yet you seem gung ho about keeping him.

Honestly by next season Tannehills contract will likely look extremely favorable with the rate QB contracts are going up 

My next question would be the fact your seem to judge players based on there contract vs just a standard of play.

Does Hurts instantly become mediocre if instead of the 2m cap he cost us 35m with if his play remains similar to as it is???? 

A follow up to the top question is what level of play is worth 35+m to you??? Does he have to be somewhere around 2019 &2020 Lamar Jackson??? 

13 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

A follow up to the top question is what level of play is worth 35+m to you??? Does he have to be somewhere around 2019 &2020 Lamar Jackson??? 

Outstanding questions BG!

For 35 mill Hurts would have to improve significantly. 

41 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Outstanding questions BG!

For 35 mill Hurts would have to improve significantly. 

Just trying to see Hams standards is all.

Ryan Tannehill he said is mediocre(I’d agree) and has a huge contract 4 year 118m around 30m a year.

He gave the Titans 4000 total yards 28 total TDs last season year before he gave them 4000 total yards 40 total tds

Hurts last year gave us 3900 total yards 26 total tds 

With QB prices increasing it not hard to see Hurts at the low end getting 35m a year. 

18 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Name an OL who is better than the Eagles.  Name an OL who's worst player is better than Seamulo.     Name an OL with more depth than the Eagles.    Name an OL who has a better position coach than the Eagles. 

Not a hard concept to follow here. 

I love our Oline. Huge fan of Stout. What you never seem to acknowledge since your boy Chipper failed so badly. Excellent coach will get the best out of guys. Get him top talent he’s makes them Pro Bowlers. But makes anybody capable perform up to their best. Oline is so crucial to have cohesion. It’s not just individuals. They all gotta work together. Any super talented guy that blocks the wrong guy is the worst fail. On Seumalo….I don’t know. Not very impressed. Between two Hall of Famers he seemed serviceable. Had maybe a tiny hot streak where he performed well. Never really was anything more than serviceable though. Just reached decent between the two best at their position. Which allowed those two to dominate. Not sure Seumalo is the best option. That’s even when healthy. His career really flailed when his durability disappeared. Hasn’t been able to suit up. So I think he’s overpaid. Needs to fight for his job. I’d go about things the same way though. He’s the starter in June. That way any young guy that beats him wasn’t given anything. That player had to take and win the job. But the other side of the coin is….Seumalo also should get a fair shake. Feel like his salary makes him very much ready to be dealt or cut. I want the best option…flat out. Judge them all the same based on play. Many want to put Hurts on the block as everything on the line. So you gotta give him the best options to succeed. Think last year this team was just so handicapped. Nobody was doing but so much with that squad. They had too much dead weight. Holes. And players that didn’t fit the coaching. The coaches got a whole season to evaluate what they have in the cupboard. Got to make decisions to add to that for their needs. So this years squad is a legit team. Not super stacked…but at least fair and whole.

3 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

This is the path we are headed with Hurts yet you seem gung ho about keeping him.

Honestly by next season Tannehills contract will likely look extremely favorable with the rate QB contracts are going up 

Hurts is a better option

3 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

My next question would be the fact your seem to judge players based on there contract vs just a standard of play.

Does Hurts instantly become mediocre if instead of the 2m cap he cost us 35m with if his play remains similar to as it is???? 

There is a salary cap. So of coarse pay matters. Barnett at 10 mil was a ripoff. At 2 mil he’s serviceable in the rotation.

Can’t have everybody at Pro Bowl level. So you gotta make up a team of everybody. I’m not asking the same if Epps I would Slay. Slay I need to be a leader. I need him to make plays. Epps I need to just do his job. Would like to get everybody the opportunity to accel….and make plays….but expectations aren’t the same across the board.

BG we signed AJ and Pascal….are your expectations the same for both? I don’t remotely think so.

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Hurts is a better option

Didn’t ask if he was better or worse asked what does a 35m QB look like 

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

There is a salary cap. So of coarse pay matters. Barnett at 10 mil was a ripoff. At 2 mil he’s serviceable in the rotation.

You love to dance around the question real simple what does a 35m QB standard look like 

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Hurts is a better option

You say this but they are two guys that did similar things only difference is the pay. So when Hurts is offered that 35m deal does that make him then mediocre like Tannehill???? 

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

BG we signed AJ and Pascal….are your expectations the same for both? I don’t remotely think so.

Is my expectation the same no is my standard for what’s a good WR the same yes 

8 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Didn’t ask if he was better or worse asked what does a 35m QB look like 

You love to dance around the question real simple what does a 35m QB standard look like 

I’d say it’s probably comparable to a 13 mil WR

6 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

You say this but they are two guys that did similar things only difference is the pay. So when Hurts is offered that 35m deal does that make him then mediocre like Tannehill???? 

The guys are who they are as players. Their pay just makes them a better or worse value. We got excellent value from Kelce on his rookie contract. But his play has been top notch. His steady solid leadership crucial. His pay never changed him as far as how good he is. Always just a matter of it’s worth paying it….do you have better options? My thinking for years had mostly been you need to build a team and clear the cap space. Then you can afford to overpay for that awesome missing piece. Bring in that Neon Deion type…or whatever.

Maybe I’m not really understanding your question BG. But it seems like you are alluding to market value. So of coarse I don’t think everybody deserves to be paid like ARod and Aaron Donald.

Since you don’t want to answer the question let’s ask it a different way is Jalen Hurts worth 35+m right now. If he isn’t what does he have to do to be worth that to you 

Every year we watch free agency. Top guys get signed top dollar…pretty much first. But then others wait for their best offer. That’s their market price. Whatever somebody is willing to pay. Jags went crazy for Kirk. I liked him as an option in FA…but wasn’t willing to pay him that. So to me it’s bad value. But the Jags have cap room and Pedey really relies on having the speed option to run his O. They gotta change the culture quickly..can’t have Trevor not succeed.

Archived