Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Since you don’t want to answer the question let’s ask it a different way is Jalen Hurts worth 35+m right now. If he isn’t what does he have to do to be worth that to you 

I don’t think I’m dodging anything. But that’s a tough question. He probably has a market value around that if he was a FA. Judging off one season for a 23 year old.

I would not sign him for ten years at that price only from what he’s done so far however.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would consider 35 mil starter level money. But clearly not elite All Star Franchise money.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

As a FA how much would Hurts get paid right now? Probably that much

So no you don’t think he is worth that then. Next part of the question what does he have to do to be worth that???

This is the reality this team is facing next year pay hurts(whether that’s long term or franchise tag the price will be around the same) or move on 

6 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

So no you don’t think he is worth that then. Next part of the question what does he have to do to be worth that???

This is the reality this team is facing next year pay hurts(whether that’s long term or franchise tag the price will be around the same) or move on 

After next year they face that

We have two more seasons before contemplating Tag or not

But he has to improve no doubt to convince me 

I really can’t see signing him early for such a bargain. After this season he only gets locked in a top dollar. We have to be ready to pay near 50…I’d think. You are contemplating the FO decision but the player and agent have their say also. Gotta work for both sides.

We got off much better with Wentz than the future deals will look. Guaranteed money has jumped massively….not just the average yearly salary.

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We have two more seasons before contemplating Tag or not

I don’t think we do it isn’t how we do things as an organization. Hurts has this year and that’s it

5 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I don’t think we do it isn’t how we do things as an organization. Hurts has this year and that’s it

I can see the point of every team desiring to sign a stud long term player early. But not every player fits that bill. Mahomes was obvious. Rams and Eagles signed bad Franchise guys in Wentz and Goff. So if we are basing it on these moves….then sure you sign Hurts 

The way I see things is everything has to work towards the bigger franchise plan. Can find all levels of player a fit or not based on levels of contracts. I believe AJ is worth the big money we gave him. But it also more easy to digest his money knowing our need. We got exposed by press coverage. AJ is great at beating that.

4 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

A follow up to the top question is what level of play is worth 35+m to you??? Does he have to be somewhere around 2019 &2020 Lamar Jackson??? 

Very simple.... that's minimum of what I need to pay a guy after his first contract is done if the league believes he is a starting caliber QB.  

31 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So if we are basing it on these moves

I’m basing it off the way the Eagles just generally do things nothing else especially with QBs. Who is the last QB the Eagles let play out there contract before they extended?

17 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I’m basing it off the way the Eagles just generally do things nothing else especially with QBs. Who is the last QB the Eagles let play out there contract before they extended?

We tagged Mike Vick

While tagged we then signed him to a long term contract.

So 2011 is the answer BG….don’t want you thinking I’m dodging anything here. Wouldn’t consider that really very long ago.

So is that your point BG? Our FO wouldn’t do what they did with Vick.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So 2011 is the answer BG….don’t want you thinking I’m dodging anything here. Wouldn’t consider that really very long ago.

So is that your point BG? Our FO wouldn’t do what they did with Vick.

I’d say yea it’s unlikely. Vick didn’t come into 2010 as the starter he was the backup to Kolb who got hurt. Then had a fantastic season. 

There is also the fact Eagles had every intention to give Vick a new contract after 1 season as the starter they made that decision the tag was just used to give them more time to work on the deal. 

Hurts is going to now have two full season under his belt I 100% believe they will make there decision after this season on him 

7 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I’d say yea it’s unlikely. Vick didn’t come into 2010 as the starter he was the backup to Kolb who got hurt. Then had a fantastic season. 

They tagged him and signed him to a huge contract long term

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

There is also the fact Eagles had every intention to give Vick a new contract after 1 season as the starter they made that decision the tag was just used to give them more time to work on the deal. 

Hurts is going to now have two full season under his belt I 100% believe they will make there decision after this season on him 

Tag can be useful to buy extra time to work out a long term deal.

Things are always fluid with the team. I think they will use everything they can to make the best decisions.

I only see them signing Hurts after this season if he contends for MVP. If he is in the running for MVP he gets the huge new contract. Not sure I see much else that could make a signing happen.

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I only see them signing Hurts after this season if he contends for MVP. If he is in the running for MVP he gets the huge new contract. Not sure I see much else that could make a signing happen.

Then he won’t be the QB next year that simple is how I see it.

Eagles will either be looking to extend or looking to move on 

You had to go back over a decade to find a QB that was slated to be the backup on his final year . To find a QB that was tagged and was resigned to a huge deal in the same span and only had 1 season as the starter for the FO to make that decision.

Yet you think the Eagles are going to take 3 full years of Hurts to make that call???? 

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

You had to go back over a decade to find a QB that was slated to be the backup on his final year . To find a QB that was tagged and was resigned to a huge deal in the same span and only had 1 season as the starter for the FO to make that decision.

Yet you think the Eagles are going to take 3 full years of Hurts to make that call???? 

Pretty short period of time for a one player position.

8 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Then he won’t be the QB next year that simple is how I see it.

Eagles will either be looking to extend or looking to move on 

I hear your opinion. Disagree. Think they will evaluate and use all options available. 

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Pretty short period of time for a one player position.

It’s irrelevant I’m not basing this on what I’d do just the reality of what the Eagles FO tends to do. Again you went back a decade we have had what 4-5 different starting QB since then and Vick who played 1 season and we decided to extend long term 6 yr 100m 

Just see it as far fetched to think we are giving Hurts 3 full years as the starter 

Archived