Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

2 hours ago, stine said:

No quarterback the Eagles are currently expected to face in 2022 won a playoff game in 2021.

Yet only 11 wins?

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stine - we've been reading the same articles!

Still would like to see the medicos/trainers get Strong healthy to trade Schew. Not that I don't like Schew, but he's in his last contract yr, wants to be a starter - which I doubt he has that ability, but we could get some decent compensation for in a trade. Of course that means we'd have to get another QB in the pipeline.

18 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Still would like to see the medicos/trainers get Strong healthy to trade Schew. Not that I don't like Schew, but he's in his last contract yr, wants to be a starter - which I doubt he has that ability, but we could get some decent compensation for in a trade. Of course that means we'd have to get another QB in the pipeline.

What do you think we could get for "Schew" that Jax couldn't get for him last year?

5 hours ago, stine said:

No quarterback the Eagles are currently expected to face in 2022 won a playoff game in 2021.

Looks like a good reason to discount any victories the team has

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

What do you think we could get for "Schew" that Jax couldn't get for him last year?

Sounds like it comes down to the Panthers right now. They want Baker….but not his contract. Browns have to get rid of Baker though. Supposedly Goodell looking to suspend Watson for the year. Very interesting situation. But coming back to Shew….he supposedly is the second choice for Panthers. Thinking any QB injuries could play into our hands to trade Shew.

A fourth round pick would be great for Shew. Think ideally it would be a deal where we force them to give us a player though 

I'd ask a bit more. Other teams know it's his last contract year as well. Either way we're looking at acquiring another QB. I've read up on what's available about Strongs' injuries and have a good understanding about what they can do about it, but not all. Surely the Eagles did their due diligence with docs who know a lot more than me and believe Strong is worth at least the b/u roll if not more. My hope is Hurts improves enough to be a top QB, but we always need to be developing QB's.

On the fence about Reagor as I believe he could be productive and part of the blame has to be shared with Hurts. I also don't want to take the 6 mill dead cap. Seeing rumours of a trade for Kareem Hunt for about the same money. Any other trade ideas or should we just keep him?

25 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

On the fence about Reagor as I believe he could be productive and part of the blame has to be shared with Hurts. I also don't want to take the 6 mill dead cap. Seeing rumours of a trade for Kareem Hunt for about the same money. Any other trade ideas or should we just keep him?

I’d pass on Hunt he is a good player and all but just don’t think we need to invest money really at RB. Get the same production from our committee 

14 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

A fourth round pick would be great for Shew. Think ideally it would be a deal where we force them to give us a player though 

This is an interesting one Shew can start and win games in this league simple as that. He in that same group as Hurts, Goff, Tannehill etc. 

Think you have to wait to move him though unless we feel extremely confident in Strong. Reality is we should expect Hurts to miss a couple games with the style of QB he is. Minshew will come in and the team won’t miss a beat that’s huge for a division that hasn’t had a repeat winner since like 04 could be the difference between making and missing the playoffs 

38 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

On the fence about Reagor

He is only 23 just entering his 3rd year I’m not trying to excuse his play but he wouldn’t be the first WR to develop slowly.

Devante Adams only had 929 yards 4 Tds his first two seasons in the league and had Rodgers 

Reagor 695 3 tds 58 yards rushing. So 753 total yards 3 tds 

16 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Looks like a good reason to discount any victories the team has

Good reason to think the team can dominate this year

Idk about getting better than a 4th round pick for Minshew?    I mean Jax only got a 6th for him while he came for 2 years on the cheap.    How can we get more with only one year left on his deal? 

In season QB injury on another team I could see more for Schew.

17 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

In season QB injury on another team I could see more for Schew.

If we can flip a 2022 6th round pick for a 2023 3rd round pick...via Minshew... that's phenomenal work right there. 

Surprised the Saints didn't go that route last year when a one more win gets them in the playoffs?   

I'm thinking he stays here for the year while Strong can avoid dressing for a game and heal up... and we just get the comp pick later...but man, if we can swing a day 2 pick, that would be great. 

I was thinking a fourth was a stretch to a desperate team. That’s why I suggested that we could squeeze a player out of them probably being the best deal we could accomplish.

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Good reason to think the team can dominate this year

Don’t think it’s much of a reason for anything…other than for you to discount any win we achieve as quality

Yeah, read that Ham. They really didn't adjust for us shedding a bunch of vets over the next few yrs. We do tend to kick a bunch down the road and carry too much dead money - which although a necessary evil sometimes, I really hate.

I believe if you free and open up your cap then you really give yourself the opportunity to maintain a championship window. Nothing wrong with going down this path once you are contending. Doing it to try and win another game or two is more crippling than assisting anything.

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Don’t think it’s much of a reason for anything…other than for you to discount any win we achieve as quality

I mean... it's 3 years running without a win vs a 9 win or better team that had their starting QB play.     It's Hurts,Wentz, Doug and Siri for that time ... but the more games we get in that situation, I expect more wins.  

Why is that a difficult concept to understand?   I think 11 wins is low for the 2022 circumstances. 

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

PFFs three year cap analysis has us ranked next to last.

PFF isn't a cap site.   Sportrac or OTC are the ones to look at... and we are nowhere near last going forward in these next 3 years. 

Dallas... that's the situation to avoid, brought on by tagging an waiting to pay Dak. 

Don't take my word for it....just look at free agency...unless you think Jerry doesn't like to spend money all of a sudden?

This is no longer a good read of our CAP future. Roseman knows that how your CAP looks gives away your plans to other teams.

Archived