Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

50 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Our P shanked in the playoff game and Reagor fumbled to ST balls. This stuff just can’t be happening if you want this team to take the next step.

I've been bishing about a P, and I knew Reagor was a bust before we drafted him. Imagine this squad with Smith and Brown outside and JJ in the slot. Even I could look pro bowl at QB with those guys around me

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Just depends how much you want to hold these guys necks on the line for results this season?

That’s what the Dream Team believed

LMAO except we didnt do that again,we got DRAFT picks in here,not paid zillions for 1 year(supposed) wonders)

46 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sorry,I don't see him as any kind of upgrade,similar stats,just muddies the waters. If you want to clear up the water,you need to get the pigs out of the creek

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Sorry,I don't see him as any kind of upgrade,similar stats,just muddies the waters. If you want to clear up the water,you need to get the pigs out of the creek

He had a poor season recovering from injury. The idea is now he’s healed and will perform better. Competition if nothing else.

NFL network.... Eagles about to make a comeback vs Giants... anyone want to wager...lol.

52 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

NFL network.... Eagles about to make a comeback vs Giants... anyone want to wager...lol.

Maybe my most energized favorite moment

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

image.png.9fb8b728dfdc71df8180897b45573ba6.png

Sounds like a great plan to me:lol:

If there is only one spot left on the Eagles Mount Rushmore of best all time players and you have to choose one between: Dawk, Peters or Kelce….who do you choose?

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If there is only one spot left on the Eagles Mount Rushmore of best all time players and you have to choose one between: Dawk, Peters or Kelce….who do you choose?

Van Buren... Concrete Charlie.... Reggie... BDawk

Kelce would be next for me.

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Van Buren... Concrete Charlie.... Reggie... BDawk

Kelce would be next for me.

Why Kelce? I’m curious, because of all the intangibles he possesses?

Great ST play in the USFL championship just now. Diving into the endzone throwing it back

The PAC 12 was giving out 19.8 mil to each school. The Big Ten gave out 46 mil. I had no idea the gap was sooooo large. The SEC gives out 54 mil to each school last year.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Why Kelce? I’m curious, because of all the intangibles he possesses?

Because he has been a staple at the position for over a decade... and his success translates into team success.   I would put him ahead of Peters, because of how he finished his career, more games, and better level of play.  Peters was a stud for the team while it was stuck in mediocrity for a decade... only one playoff win for him in 2018.  His success didn't translate IMO... plus he finished like a horse that needed to be shot.  Kelce entire career was with the Eagles,  the speech...etc.  He gets the edge over Peters as an Eagle, even though Peters might get the edge as an NFL player.

Because he has been a staple at the position for over a decade... and his success translates into team success.   I would put him ahead of Peters, because of how he finished his career, more games, and better level of play.  Peters was a stud for the team while it was stuck in mediocrity for a decade... only one playoff win for him in 2018.  His success didn't translate IMO... plus he finished like a horse that needed to be shot.  Kelce entire career was with the Eagles,  the speech...etc.  He gets the edge over Peters as an Eagle, even though Peters might get the edge as an NFL player.

Love Kelce,I hate to see him go,but time stops for noone. I will always love him because of the snap on the philly special. yeah the strip sack sealed the game,but the sheer genius and execution of that lay began with the center, who had to hike the ball in a different area than usual. he misses that,that play doesn't happen

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Love Kelce,I hate to see him go,but time stops for noone. I will always love him because of the snap on the philly special. yeah the strip sack sealed the game,but the sheer genius and execution of that lay began with the center, who had to hike the ball in a different area than usual. he misses that,that play doesn't happen

You love your trick plays.  

You love your trick plays.  

So did the Pats

Reading the NFLs rules on Personal Conduct Policy. I’m struggling to see how the NFL is making a case against Watson to even suspend him for one game.

On 7/3/2022 at 7:27 PM, cunninghamtheman said:

Great ST play in the USFL championship just now. Diving into the endzone throwing it back

I kind of enjoyrd the USFL

Some pretty good football with a minimum of the political BS

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2022 at 3:47 PM, cunninghamtheman said:

That extra first round pick could be a starting stud S. Would that matter for this season? I THINK SO! If we weren’t carrying so much dead money we could have easily signed the Saints S we pursued. Would have a Pro Bowl S on this roster matter this season? I THINK SO!

That’s just one position. We could have massively benefitted from either of those things….THIS SEASON!

Did you honestly think the Eagles would be competing for the SB this year after last season? We had so many needs that to think we could plug all of them in one year is absurd! Getting more draft capital for 2023 was absolutely the right thing to do. We can **** and complain all we want that we did not resolve 1-2 positions to our liking, but this team is far better than the one that lost to TB in the play-offs.

6 minutes ago, stine said:

Did you honestly think the Eagles would be competing for the SB this year after last season? We had so many needs that to think we could plug all of them in one year is absurd! Getting more draft capital for 2023 was absolutely the right thing to do. We can **** and complain all we want that we did not resolve 1-2 positions to our liking, but this team is far better than the one that lost to TB in the play-offs.

I just don’t see this as an acceptable argument. It’s the Bronze Standard argument.

A far better team that’s still limited by these factors I mentioned.

Archived