Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

I’m still just not sure he was the best choice. Really have my doubts about our second rounder. How much will the backup C come into play this year? And….will he even be the backup C? Think there is a chance Seumalo slides over if Kelce goes down for any extended time. Of coarse, I have to admit there’s a decent chance Seumalo isn’t on the team also. But are other C options as well.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Still doesn’t explain the dominant defense

I’m not going to say they didn’t have a strong D but didn’t they lose White the top CB before the playoffs. Even if they have some solid depth nobody is replacing the caliber player White is at CB. 

This team getting a bunch of hype. We gave away a first round pick though. Carrying tons of dead cap weight. Not sure how much our first pick we traded up for contributed. Second pick was chosen as a backup. Third pick is the clear cut stud…but clearly most of the league red flagged him for injury. Huge question marks at S. The defense isn’t necessarily setup great for any one scheme. Jack-of-all-trades but excellent at none could be applicable to the D scheme. Are the coaches good enough to lead a top team? Just do many things to question…on and on….will Dickerson have his first full season he makes it through? Can Lane ever get his head right? How long can Kelce continue on at this level? Now with all the tape on Mailata will he be exposed? Can Goedert stay healthy with more of a workload? Will he ever be a a Redzone weapon?

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I’m not going to say they didn’t have a strong D but didn’t they lose White the top CB before the playoffs. Even if they have some solid depth nobody is replacing the caliber player White is at CB. 

They drafted Elam

10 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m still just not sure he was the best choice. Really have my doubts about our second rounder. How much will the backup C come into play this year? And….will he even be the backup C? Think there is a chance Seumalo slides over if Kelce goes down for any extended time. Of coarse, I have to admit there’s a decent chance Seumalo isn’t on the team also. But are other C options as well.

How much will he play this year as a C likely none Kelce rarely misses time. Good chance he might essentially redshirt this season.

The team doesn’t have a ton of options at C though Semaulo is likely it. Can say Dickerson but the team doesn’t want to move him.

My guess would be that Jergens would be the top guy if Kelce missed extended time(knock on wood he doesn’t). Middle of a game wouldnt shock me if Jergens didn’t dress and we had to slide a guy like Semaulo over. 

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

They drafted Elam

What does that have to do with last season??? 

Even even this season Elam doesn’t replaces White if he misses time. 

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

How much will he play this year as a C likely none Kelce rarely misses time. Good chance he might essentially redshirt this season.

The team doesn’t have a ton of options at C though Semaulo is likely it. Can say Dickerson but the team doesn’t want to move him.

My guess would be that Jergens would be the top guy if Kelce missed extended time(knock on wood he doesn’t). Middle of a game wouldnt shock me if Jergens didn’t dress and we had to slide a guy like Semaulo over. 

Had Toth taking some snaps. I think Jergens definitely will dress. Get the first shot as backup C. But….could easily fail. So for one game…he’s the guy. But extended? Might not work this year.

3 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

What does that have to do with last season??? 

Even even this season Elam doesn’t replaces White if he misses time. 

Sorry not sure which part you were talking…last couple of seasons or…this season

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This team getting a bunch of hype. We gave away a first round pick though. Carrying tons of dead cap weight. Not sure how much our first pick we traded up for contributed. Second pick was chosen as a backup. Third pick is the clear cut stud…but clearly most of the league red flagged him for injury. Huge question marks at S. The defense isn’t necessarily setup great for any one scheme. Jack-of-all-trades but excellent at none could be applicable to the D scheme. Are the coaches good enough to lead a top team? Just do many things to question…on and on….will Dickerson have his first full season he makes it through? Can Lane ever get his head right? How long can Kelce continue on at this level? Now with all the tape on Mailata will he be exposed? Can Goedert stay healthy with more of a workload? Will he ever be a a Redzone weapon?

Lmao sounds like a ton of BS excuses.

Dead cap means nothing team had plenty of cap to get anyone they wanted and got the guys they wanted even had cap to spare.

1st round pick was the best move of draft night landing what’s looking more likely as a top 10 pick from the saints. On top of trading one away for AJ Brown. 

Dickerson got starting job week 3 and played the rest of the year can nit pick he wasnt ready to go at the start but no signs his past injuries will effect him going forward.

Lane even with the so called head case BS was easily a top 10 T in the league yea think he is fine.

Kelce again no signs of slowing down even if he drop a tad this year he ain’t just going to fall completely off.

Geodart did he even miss a game because of injury???? He sat out vs Dallas final week and he missed a game because of Covid. Played in 15 games. As for RZ weapon he had 5 TDs of the 18 we threw. So damn near a 3rd of them. 
has 16 tds in 4 years 3 of which he was the backup to compare George Kittle has 20 TDs in 5 

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Just so many things to question..  but unlike the rest of the planet, you don't mention the QB.     No agenda!

The whole key is giving away pick 16 for a 3rd rounder this year, 1st next year, and 2nd in 2024.     You can't make those deals..  you have to pick now, the future guaranteed hall of famer that we are passing up... who will be an absolute guaranteed stud his rookie year.  Better than Braberry at CB this year.... we can't win like that.  We need to follow the Dallas model of team building.   

The dead money will kill us too... doesn't matter if we are right there in the middle with cap space and can still sign guys.  That dead money means guys will miss throws and drop passes now.    The dead money will prevent Goedert from being that redzone threat.  Just giving away the 16th pick for that little of a return will hurt our pass rush.   I think Elliot misses some field goals this year because we traded pick 16.  

On 6/21/2022 at 1:47 PM, stine said:

No quarterback the Eagles are currently expected to face in 2022 won a playoff game in 2021.

Yep another easy year, not as easy as last year,but there are no excuses now

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Had Toth taking some snaps. I think Jergens definitely will dress. Get the first shot as backup C. But….could easily fail. So for one game…he’s the guy. But extended? Might not work this year.

Hmm,we know a round 2 QB like this?

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This where I’ve been hoping we fit. Felt we moved solidly into the second tier. Cowboys and Cards are with us. Niners are deservedly ahead us at this point though.

OH,I tend to disagree. If we put this all together,we should be able to play vs anyone. We were a "tier 2 " team at the beginning of the season when we won the SB. I commend the FO for really having an accelerated "rebuild". Of course they are also responsible for the degrading the years after the SB,but seems after the Reagor BLOWN WHIFF pick, they WOKE UP. Tier 1,tier 2,or trash,this once again all hinges on the QB play. We and Hurts have zero excuses not to win at least 1 playoff game;. I will still harp on punter or are we gong to allow sipos a no competition camp? Bash me if you want,but a good punter can change field position and make like for your team alot easier

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

The whole key is giving away pick 16 for a 3rd rounder this year, 1st next year, and 2nd in 2024.     You can't make those deals..  you have to pick now, the future guaranteed hall of famer that we are passing up... who will be an absolute guaranteed stud his rookie year.  Better than Braberry at CB this year.... we can't win like that.  We need to follow the Dallas model of team building.   

The dead money will kill us too... doesn't matter if we are right there in the middle with cap space and can still sign guys.  That dead money means guys will miss throws and drop passes now.    The dead money will prevent Goedert from being that redzone threat.  Just giving away the 16th pick for that little of a return will hurt our pass rush.   I think Elliot misses some field goals this year because we traded pick 16.  

That extra first round pick could be a starting stud S. Would that matter for this season? I THINK SO! If we weren’t carrying so much dead money we could have easily signed the Saints S we pursued. Would have a Pro Bowl S on this roster matter this season? I THINK SO!

That’s just one position. We could have massively benefitted from either of those things….THIS SEASON!

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That extra first round pick could be a starting stud S. Would that matter for this season? I THINK SO! If we weren’t carrying so much dead money we could have easily signed the Saints S we pursued. Would have a Pro Bowl S on this roster matter this season? I THINK SO!

That’s just one position. We could have massively benefitted from either of those things….THIS SEASON!

Dang we basically filled 6 of 7 positions/future needs and you still gotta bish LOL. I think we did remarkably well in a short time,plus we are set up for nice draft picks again next year. Like to see these guys get their playing time in and if we need a new QB,the team will be ready for one. if Hurts kicks butt,then we fill that S hole next year and we make a SB run

BTW if we have a gruesomely brutal pass rush,we won;t need S's HAHAHAHA

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Just so many things to question..  but unlike the rest of the planet, you don't mention the QB.     No agenda!

Figured you’ve covered that….TO DEATH

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

OH,I tend to disagree. If we put this all together,we should be able to play vs anyone. We were a "tier 2 " team at the beginning of the season when we won the SB. I commend the FO for really having an accelerated "rebuild". Of course they are also responsible for the degrading the years after the SB,but seems after the Reagor BLOWN WHIFF pick, they WOKE UP. Tier 1,tier 2,or trash,this once again all hinges on the QB play. We and Hurts have zero excuses not to win at least 1 playoff game;. I will still harp on punter or are we gong to allow sipos a no competition camp? Bash me if you want,but a good punter can change field position and make like for your team alot easier

Our P shanked in the playoff game and Reagor fumbled to ST balls. This stuff just can’t be happening if you want this team to take the next step.

35 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Dang we basically filled 6 of 7 positions/future needs and you still gotta bish LOL. I think we did remarkably well in a short time,plus we are set up for nice draft picks again next year. Like to see these guys get their playing time in and if we need a new QB,the team will be ready for one. if Hurts kicks butt,then we fill that S hole next year and we make a SB run

Just depends how much you want to hold these guys necks on the line for results this season?

33 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

BTW if we have a gruesomely brutal pass rush,we won;t need S's HAHAHAHA

That’s what the Dream Team believed

I just showed CBS listing of corner rankings. These metrics tell a different story. Really do like these next gen stats. So much more relevant than the traditional stuff.

Archived