Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

11 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So how would Chase do with say Fields in Chicago? Still smashing records there???

I mean listening to Fields talk about Nagy and now think he is poised to take a huge leap in year 2…. Granted Chicago did that man zero favors with the skill position group around him his best WR is who Mooney I think 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, joemas6 said:

That's great when guys " want to do good"  if that's how it worked then everyone would do well.   RB 3 tops for Sanders regardless of what he wants.

If it's PPR find yourself a 3rd down RB later, he will do better than Sanders. 

Not PPR. I would take Sanders in round 5/6 not before that.By then there aren't many other RB's to grab,but I have filled out alot of my roster

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Why would I put a ton of time into the position that’s of least need for this team? Just not interested. Right now, I’m interested in how we look in the PS and getting the season started. You are in a totally different mode than I.

He said pick 2 rookies THIS YEAR... not scout college WRs for next year.  It's not really time to just predict 2 rookie WRs is it?   Might  be worth taking a second to comprehend other people's posts though. 

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

ROund your pick/boy was reagor,we fought for pages and pages about this,but now you deny it all LOL

Reagor been a massive disappointment but he is only 23 maybe just maybe it finally clicks for him…. Sounds like he been pretty humbled getting his role reduced having to fight and earn his job hopefully that helps 

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I mean listening to Fields talk about Nagy and now think he is poised to take a huge leap in year 2…. Granted Chicago did that man zero favors with the skill position group around him his best WR is who Mooney I think 

Fields is like Hurts,maybe a year behind Hurts.I like Mooney,but Fields needs to step it up bigly

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Reagor been a massive disappointment but he is only 13 maybe just maybe it finally clicks for him…. Sounds like he been pretty humbled getting his role reduced having to fight and earn his job hopefully that helps 

What killed him for me was the interview where he didn't seem all that concerned about dropping passes. Som,that's what you get PAID for and he is still a slow learning 1 trick pony IMO and you need more than 1 skill now in the NFL

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Not PPR. I would take Sanders in round 5/6 not before that.By then there aren't many other RB's to grab,but I have filled out alot of my roster

You get any bonuses for carries or 100 yards?   Why would you draft Sanders so high?   If you use a flex there are plenty of WRs I would draft as my #3 before Sanders as my #2 RB.

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Fields is like Hurts,maybe a year behind Hurts.I like Mooney,but Fields needs to step it up bigly

Fields  definitely has a ton of room to grow but he has the talent. Considering he came from like 1 year of playing college ball and terrible coaching with Nagy from everything I seen. If he is even close to on par with Hurts who went to two major programs started damn near 4 years and has 2 NFL seasons under his belt. Not a bad place for him to be. 

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I will post my 2 Ham despite the fact you refuse to. I will go with MY BOY Olave in New Orleans despite the lack of a top QB he will still be targeted plenty and my #2 is Christian Watson(another of MY BOYS) in Green Bay. Arod is tough to play for and he demands the best from his WR's. He should do fine there although he will be better in year 2 as most are,but I expect some TD''s from him in the RZ for the Pack

Think my boy AJ owns them both

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

You get any bonuses for carries or 100 yards?   Why would you draft Sanders so high?   If you use a flex there are plenty of WRs I would draft as my #3 before Sanders as my #2 RB.

Really tough to take Sanders high I agree…. He didn’t get the tds last year, lost his PPR value with Gains/Scott taking over more of that role. If want him at best my flex option ideally I would prefer him as a backup on my bench. Just to hard to trust the Eagles RBs 

Just now, joemas6 said:

The flex in my private league is a WR or TE only,so getting 2 RB's that can get you points is more vital. I dont expect superstar number from Sanders,but he should provide weekly points with Henry. Like I said if he is the BAP on rounds 5/6 I would take him because the rest of my roster is nearly complete. I would tend to look more in round 6 than 5 at him. Depends if there is a RB run

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Hurts definitely has a ton of room to grow but he has the talent. Considering he came from like 1 year of playing college ball and terrible coaching with Nagy from everything I seen. If he is even close to on par with Hurts who went to two major programs started damn near 4 years and has 2 NFL seasons under his belt. Not a bad place for him to be. 

He has alot to learn,but the Bears are not really giving him alot of weapons at this point,so that takes away from his learning curve

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

ROund 1 your pick/boy was reagor,we fought for pages and pages about this,but now you deny it all LOL

Lamb was my round one guy. I wanted to trade back since there were so many WR. Reagor, Higgins, Aiyuk……on and on. Pedey needed speed and preferably a guy that could play outside.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Think my boy AJ owns them both

AJ is a rookie this year?

29 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Why just tonight? Tonight will be working on the first cut down, but our supposed starters give this D so many more options than we are used to. I hope we take advantage of the players versatility we acquired and see no reason we cannot blitz more,stunt more and use deception(fake blitz,fake LB pull backs etc) as a tool when needed. Although I love a good functioning vanilla defense,the changes will be nice to see and hopefully give  our team more to game plan on against us. IMO tonights D WILL be vanilla because if you cannot hack that,you aren't going to do the more complex things I hope we have planned. Initial cuts will be decided tonight

Exactly!  He meant seeing the Vanilla offense tonight because he doubts they will do any exotic defenses this early in the PS. No sense letting anyone know our plans lol

Just now, stine said:

Exactly!  He meant seeing the Vanilla offense tonight because he doubts they will do any exotic defenses this early in the PS. No sense letting anyone know our plans lol

Maybe I misunderstood the post,but I agree. Tonight will be vanilla on both sides of the ball

10 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

He said pick 2 rookies THIS YEAR... not scout college WRs for next year.  It's not really time to just predict 2 rookie WRs is it?   Might  be worth taking a second to comprehend other people's posts though. 

Maybe when I have less going on than I’ve had this morning.

3 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Really tough to take Sanders high I agree…. He didn’t get the tds last year, lost his PPR value with Gains/Scott taking over more of that role. If want him at best my flex option ideally I would prefer him as a backup on my bench. Just to hard to trust the Eagles RBs 

IDK that round 6 is high for your 2nd RB? of course if there are better options I will take them lol

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Maybe when I have less going on than I’ve had this morning.

My 2 are posted.let's see if I am any good lol

I liked Garrett Wilson in that draft also,but I can see him struggling year 1 where he is

I could be wrong and the same thing happens to Olave,especially now that Sean is gone. So alot of new faces down there,but I will still hold out as him as one of the top 2 because he has Thomas opposite him and he should get plenty of looks(if the QB,whomever that is can hit him) Winston can be cold as ice or totally on fire. Dalton will give you consistency,but his age is a factor but I will stick my neck out

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Definitely a great call in my book. The top guys were off the board. Burks didn’t do it for me. Several other quality WR….to trade back in round two for.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Definitely a great call in my book. The top guys were off the board. Burks didn’t do it for me. Several other quality WR….to trade back in round two for.

Which AJ are you referring to?

47 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Maybe I misunderstood the post,but I agree. Tonight will be vanilla on both sides of the ball

WOULDN'T MIND seeing a few blitzes tho

10 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Think this D will be LESS vanilla than in the past few years. We got some guys who can do stunts and play multiple roles,so that means we can change up the looks alot more than we used to and now gannon is getting "his guys" as opposed to doing what he could with maybe NOT his guys,but this is a good year to watch the defense "hatch"

In "vanilla", I was referring to pre-season

I doubt I will get the game here. I'm not paying for Sunday Ticket for ONE team. If they could bill you to watch 1 team I would do that. With all the technology we have we cannot do this???? Rip off artistry at it's best. I'm not into the streaming BS either

Archived