Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

6 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Giants it’s still to early for me to fear them they are doing well and maybe they become our competition and prove me wrong… but Washington roster I thought was pretty solid even last season dealing with a ton of injuries, Covid and having no QB(again think what you want about Wentz he is an improvement over 40 year old Fitz and hienke) 

Barkley is 100% which it's been awhile since he could say that

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Don’t see McLauren and Jefferson the same. McLauren is much more the speedster. That’s potentially not as good for Slay. Slay was hobbling towards the end as well. Think we just play a S over the top of him. Can LB White handle TE Logan? That is potentially a big matchup in this one also that is likely being overlooked by many.

I mentioned Logan in my earlier post(if you check) and stated we needed to make sure we got him

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Great story with Covey not being allowed in the players parking lot...lol

I missed this??

10 hours ago, stine said:

This is going to be an interesting match up this Sunday. Wentz has an ax to grind, so you have to think he is going to put forth his best effort. on the other hand, we should know his tendencies, so you would think Gannon should have a plan in place for him. I guess the question is if we can apply enough pressure on him or not. Not sure how good their O-Line is, but we need to utilize Reddick better Sunday. Stop putting him in coverage and let him loose......

This coaching staff knows no more about Wentz than any other opponent coaching staff. 

9 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Right.. the QB should see the play in front of him... either let the DL clear, or don't throw at all.   If he delayed a split second,Gainwell looks to have a few blockers and some space coming to the middle of the field.  

Throwing it early there was risky, and even if caught looks like Hicks could make the play from the outside as the blockers were inside.

We are all nitpicking on this. Hurts played a great game. Perfection comes from no one no matter what fans want or expect.

9 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Of course... with " illegal man downfield" being called all night .. I'm sure that might have been a factor in Hurts looking to unload the ball rather quickly

Yeah, what a freaking joke that was. Notice how the refs left their flags in their pockets on this in the 2nd half and players were guilty of it then too. I think the league tells the refs to back off at halftime when stuff like that happens because it is painful to watch.

Not paying the Amazon BS to watch a game. These greedy **** suck donkey balls. Greedy MF's

1 hour ago, Senhorcook said:

We are all nitpicking on this. Hurts played a great game. Perfection comes from no one no matter what fans want or expect.

LOL you're right; Hurts did have a great game. And yes, that debate is overcritical. But it's really just a debate on a decision, not perfection. An unknown decision on whether or not Hurts should have adhered to the play call or trust his instinct in the moment.

I'm guilty of this myself. You know Eagles' fans are hard to please. I may be wrong, but I get the feeling you don't like playing MMQB :lol:

9 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

LOL you're right; Hurts did have a great game. And yes, that debate is overcritical. But it's really just a debate on a decision, not perfection. An unknown decision on whether or not Hurts should have adhered to the play call or trust his instinct in the moment.

I'm guilty of this myself. You know Eagles' fans are hard to please. I may be wrong, but I get the feeling you don't like playing MMQB :lol:

Haha. I just know that decisions have to be made really quickly and I don’t think we can expect perfection on EVERY play by every player. Sure Gainwell COULD have caught it but there was a HUGE DLineman RIGHT in front of him. Maybe Gainwell’s vision was obscured. Sure Hurts SHOULD NOT have thrown it AT that moment, BUT everything happens quickly. And remember the defense gets paid too.

As a jockey, my life often depended on making split second decisions, and if you had to think about them it was already too late. Certainly it didn’t happen in every race, but it did happen often. If I rode in 10 races that day, I suspect it would have been so in 3 or 4 races at a minimum. I made a bad decision twice and ended up unconscious in the hospital both times. I only know I made a bad decision because of the video. I don’t remember ANYTHING about the accident. Ugly though. I hesitated about a 1/2 of a second too much to drive my horse through a gap. He was the easy winner if I don’t hesitate. Instead I ended up on the ground and ran over by two horses behind me.

It is easy to play MMQB, and I know I have been pretty critical of Hurts myself.

28 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

You should never have to play perfect to win.   Things can get cleaned up though.

But in general, I like the way the game went with us playing with the lead and shortening the game for a Vikings team that was struggling on offense.   

Early season I'm just big on accumulating wins.  I'll be more concerned on the details as we get down the stretch.  I'm in AL Davis mode now.

5 minutes ago, Senhorcook said:

Haha. I just know that decisions have to be made really quickly and I don’t think we can expect perfection on EVERY play by every player. Sure Gainwell COULD have caught it but there was a HUGE DLineman RIGHT in front of him. Maybe Gainwell’s vision was obscured. Sure Hurts SHOULD NOT have thrown it AT that moment, BUT everything happens quickly. And remember the defense gets paid too.

As a jockey, my life often depended on making split second decisions, and if you had to think about them it was already too late. Certainly it didn’t happen in every race, but it did happen often. If I rode in 10 races that day, I suspect it would have been so in 3 or 4 races at a minimum. I made a bad decision twice and ended up unconscious in the hospital both times. I only know I made a bad decision because of the video. I don’t remember ANYTHING about the accident. Ugly though. I hesitated about a 1/2 of a second too much to drive my horse through a gap. He was the easy winner if I don’t hesitate. Instead I ended up on the ground and ran over by two horses behind me.

It is easy to play MMQB, and I know I have been pretty critical of Hurts myself.

I can't disagree. 

Cool story and strong supporting evidence for "In the Moment!" The importance of making a decision in a split second w/o thinking is undeniable. 

4 minutes ago, Senhorcook said:

Right.  Gainwell at 5'9 and the defender at 6'3"..  Hurts isn't a tall guy making that throw either.  From the TV angle it looks much easier.  But to me it wasn't a clumsy bad hands drop...I see a guy not fully expecting the ball, which isn't normal on that type of play because he is the only option on a screen or else it's illegal men downfield.  He knows he is the target.  Dude has good hands and it wasn't a bullet pass.  He didn't look upfield before the catch either.   Should he have caught it? Yes, every pro will tell you they should when they get their hands on it.  Doesn't mean it was an easy play.  But I'm just going on what I saw and that was a dude not expecting the ball to get to him for one reason or another. IMO it looked like he thought 94 was going to hit the ball.  Only Gainwell knows. 

In a 24-7 win its nice to nitpick this stuff.  It's a been a while since we have done that.    Hopefully we argue over some punts that could have went 3 yards longer soon.     I mean, I'm surprised we haven't discussed how many punters make that chase down tackle.  That was a great play.  Probably worth 3 yards on the net average.

8 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right.  Gainwell at 5'9 and the defender at 6'3"..  Hurts isn't a tall guy making that throw either.  From the TV angle it looks much easier.  But to me it wasn't a clumsy bad hands drop...I see a guy not fully expecting the ball, which isn't normal on that type of play because he is the only option on a screen or else it's illegal men downfield.  He knows he is the target.  Dude has good hands and it wasn't a bullet pass.  He didn't look upfield before the catch either.   Should he have caught it? Yes, every pro will tell you they should when they get their hands on it.  Doesn't mean it was an easy play.  But I'm just going on what I saw and that was a dude not expecting the ball to get to him for one reason or another. IMO it looked like he thought 94 was going to hit the ball.  Only Gainwell knows. 

In a 24-7 win its nice to nitpick this stuff.  It's a been a while since we have done that.    Hopefully we argue over some punts that could have went 3 yards longer soon.     I mean, I'm surprised we haven't discussed how many punters make that chase down tackle.  That was a great play.  Probably worth 3 yards on the net average.

LOL on the tackling punter chase🤣

Exactly right. I saw NO evidence of Gains expecting that pass. It looked to me as if his General Order was to pass protect, the very reason he has been in on 3rd down. He's the best RB for PP. 

It has been a while (feels like over a season) where we could have such meaningless knick-knack debates. 

I'm so anxious to see the Kelly Green uniforms next season! Then myself or someone else will find something about that to bish about🤣

12 hours ago, joemas6 said:

So #94 wasn't right in the path of the ball?  Gainwell just is that bad of an athlete?  

Just not impressed with that kid. He’s had one or two real hard runs. Some good catches. But he has mental farts. Misses the pass block. Misses the whole. Or like that catch. He just tried to turn before he caught it or something.

4 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

This coaching staff knows no more about Wentz than any other opponent coaching staff. 

Are you counting Rosie?He’s in the gameplanning room

I don’t see how the Gains play goes much different most of the time. There’s always a tall Dline between the RB and QB.

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Not paying the Amazon BS to watch a game. These greedy **** suck donkey balls. Greedy MF's

LOL, I am at work and my boss comes in: Hey, did you watch that Ravens game last night? I said, you mean the Cleveland/ Pitt game? He said, cr@p, did I watch a rerun? LOL he forgot it was on Amazon Prime and tuned in NFL network to watch the game!  You can't make this stuff up!

9 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

True, But there is about 12 players that know his tendencies and so does HR. Any coach will pick a players brain when he wants info on a ex teammate. Is it the same? No, but it helps both in game plan and it also helps the defense who has played against Wentz in practice....

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Just not impressed with that kid. He’s had one or two real hard runs. Some good catches. But he has mental farts. Misses the pass block. Misses the whole. Or like that catch. He just tried to turn before he caught it or something.

Well, we know he will be here for another 2 seasons, don’t think any other RB we have now will be here for 2 more years.

1 hour ago, stine said:

LOL, I am at work and my boss comes in: Hey, did you watch that Ravens game last night? I said, you mean the Cleveland/ Pitt game? He said, cr@p, did I watch a rerun? LOL he forgot it was on Amazon Prime and tuned in NFL network to watch the game!  You can't make this stuff up!

What did he think of Baltimore's clock management at the end?

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

What did he think of Baltimore's clock management at the end?

you sure like beating a dead horse, don't you? I moved on from that, but feel free to keep discussing with yourself...

3 hours ago, stine said:

LOL yeah i saw the Ravens game was on, I'm like WHY now???? 

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Well, we know he will be here for another 2 seasons, don’t think any other RB we have now will be here for 2 more years.

I don’t think we do know that. I felt we should have kept Huntley over him. Or maybe a goaline/blocking back. I could see him being cut next year. Sanders is balling. Scott is ahead of him and cheap. We could easily draft two RBnext year. No way am I locking in our third string RB we a roster spot the next two seasons. I hope he really takes steps forward and becomes a legit second RB. If they actually have guys a chance to make the team not based on paper I think his job security would be shaky. But that’s just what I’ve seen so far. Just not much upside for him that I see. His value lies in a Jack of all trades back.

Archived