cunninghamtheman

25 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Wondering when we will get a glimpse of Sermon at RB

Well he would not have missed that pass on Monday lol

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, stine said:

you sure like beating a dead horse, don't you? I moved on from that, but feel free to keep discussing with yourself...

The game your boss watched was an exciting one... wondering his opinion of the Miami comeback... it's what football fans like to talk about. 

Just now, joemas6 said:

The game your boss watched was an exciting one... wondering his opinion of the Miami comeback... it's what football fans like to talk about. 

Well, he is not a real knowledgeable fan. heck he likes Minnesota if that gives you a clue... he does go back to the 60's so cannot really blame him. He did say it was exciting.

53 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t think we do know that. I felt we should have kept Huntley over him. Or maybe a goaline/blocking back. I could see him being cut next year. Sanders is balling. Scott is ahead of him and cheap. We could easily draft two RBnext year. No way am I locking in our third string RB we a roster spot the next two seasons. I hope he really takes steps forward and becomes a legit second RB. If they actually have guys a chance to make the team not based on paper I think his job security would be shaky. But that’s just what I’ve seen so far. Just not much upside for him that I see. His value lies in a Jack of all trades back.

Yes the last sentence, it's why he will be here while the others are question marks.  

Don’t think we are going to win this week. I try to be optimistic. But this game has trap written all over it. We got a win week one….but it was squeaking by the Lions. Think their full attention was on the Vikes after their big week one win. My worry is our team will start believing the hype about themselves. Not have that hunger this week. Wentz definitely wants payback.Skins are plenty aware of how our QB1 operates.

54 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t think we do know that. I felt we should have kept Huntley over him. Or maybe a goaline/blocking back. I could see him being cut next year. Sanders is balling. Scott is ahead of him and cheap. We could easily draft two RBnext year. No way am I locking in our third string RB we a roster spot the next two seasons. I hope he really takes steps forward and becomes a legit second RB. If they actually have guys a chance to make the team not based on paper I think his job security would be shaky. But that’s just what I’ve seen so far. Just not much upside for him that I see. His value lies in a Jack of all trades back.

Well, if Hurts stays, I can easily see us spending a 2nd round pick on a top rb in 2023 and possibly 2024.... Time we fix that position.....

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Don’t think we are going to win this week. I try to be optimistic. But this game has trap written all over it. We got a win week one….but it was squeaking by the Lions. Think their full attention was on the Vikes after their big week one win. My worry is our team will start believing the hype about themselves. Not have that hunger this week. Wentz definitely wants payback.Skins are plenty aware of how our QB1 operates.

I normally would agree here. But I think the focus is still there. I can see us running all over that defense. It is not that good. yes Wentz has thrown for allot of yards, but I think he makes at least one mistake if not two. we should win by 10 points or more.....

That's a nice way to protect your expectations...lol.    No shot the intangibles loses to the worst human on the planet.  " Trap game"  week 3?  It's the first division game of the year.  

At least use the excuse that it's a short week going on the road. 

Yea, Washington is pretty bad and Wentz is not the answer, despite what stats he has. he cannot avoid the int's. The defense cannot stop the run. If Our defense plays half as well as they did no Monday it should be a cakewalk...  I agree with joe on this one...

15 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Trap game with the Eagles looking ahead to Jacksonville  ... lol.

Return of our Super Coach!

Return of our Super Coach!

Actually I would be more worried about jaxsonville than Washington.... At least that has the makings of a trap game with cardinals as the next opponent and us just playin an important divisional game....

12 minutes ago, stine said:

Yea, Washington is pretty bad and Wentz is not the answer, despite what stats he has. he cannot avoid the int's. The defense cannot stop the run. If Our defense plays half as well as they did no Monday it should be a cakewalk...  I agree with joe on this one...

Whole different matchup situation. Vikes we obviously matched up well with. Skins not nearly as much. Their Oline should give us issues running the ball….still feels like an issue to me the run D. They have two very speedy WR guys. Different matchup. Their DT are stout against the run. Montez Sweat is a bit of a tough matchup for  us also. Want to say he forced four hurries in the game he played against us last year.We have to generate pressure. Still not sold on that aspect. Feels like Josh Sweat and Gang.

4 minutes ago, stine said:

Actually I would be more worried about jaxsonville than Washington.... At least that has the makings of a trap game with cardinals as the next opponent and us just playin an important divisional game....

I’m not thinking trap because of looking ahead. I’m thinking trap because of looking behind. Believing all the hype and not having full concentration and hunger this week.

30 minutes ago, stine said:

Well, if Hurts stays, I can easily see us spending a 2nd round pick on a top rb in 2023 and possibly 2024.... Time we fix that position.....

If he stays? Lord! Guy is in the MVP conversation. Who knows what he’ll have to do for some to realize what he brings to the table.

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If he stays? Lord! Guy is in the MVP conversation. Who knows what he’ll have to do for some to realize what he brings to the table.

It is week 3 Ham. Let's see this play out. he had probably the best game ever last Monday. should he continue to play well, he will probably stay, which is a good thing. then we can use those picks on players of need instead of spending money on FA signings. We have plenty of ammo the next two years. I can see us trading back next year, grabbing a early 2nd round pick plus a #1in 2024. That would give us 2 no 1 and 2 no 2 picks in 2024. Plus we should accrue compensation picks which will add to our choices... Ham, I want Hurts to succeed. But I am not ready to crown him after one great game. Granted, it was one heck of a game.....

21 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Whole different matchup situation. Vikes we obviously matched up well with. Skins not nearly as much. Their Oline should give us issues running the ball….still feels like an issue to me the run D. They have two very speedy WR guys. Different matchup. Their DT are stout against the run. Montez Sweat is a bit of a tough matchup for  us also. Want to say he forced four hurries in the game he played against us last year.We have to generate pressure. Still not sold on that aspect. Feels like Josh Sweat and Gang.

OK, First, they played Jacksonville and Detroit. Their Defense is ranked 25th against those two teams. Ours is ranked 14th against Detroit and Minnesota. I would venture to guess Minnesota is much tougher opponent than Jacksonville. Those WR's are better than Jefferson and Thielen? Their RBs are better than Cook? I am not convinced that Washington has anything better than what we have already faced. I also think they have not faced anyone close to what we will present on offense.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Huntley-very run of the mill nothing special. No reason to keep him. If Sermon works out,we won't need to draft 2(maybe none). The RBBC doesn't require a stud, I would rather shore up the secondary with YOUNG players. Gainwell has had some nice games. I'm not trashing him or cutting him because of 1 mistake. As long as drops don't become a habit I'll keep him around for now

1 hour ago, stine said:

Well, he is not a real knowledgeable fan. heck he likes Minnesota if that gives you a clue... he does go back to the 60's so cannot really blame him. He did say it was exciting.

I used to love watching Tarkenton play LOL. Win or lose he was always entertaining

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So you think the Eagles org doesn't want to beat the socks off Wentz? HAHAHA Let's hope your boy doesn't get intimidated by him. Perfect game for Hurts to prove to everyone that the Eagles made the right choice. If you are winning is it hype or real confidence? Robinson will not be available until week 5,so he won't be playing. Wentz has nice rapport with his WR's like Hurts does,so covering them is a priority,but we covered the vikes NP. Our weakness will be covering Logan Thomas. Whomever draws that job needs to make sure there are no YAC and I suspect(expect) more blitizing this week. We know Wentz has a bigger arm than Hurts ever will,but he is also prone to getting rattled(see Eli Manning vs us lol). So that is key for me to not let Wentz get in any kind of rhythm

1 hour ago, stine said:

IDK that it's broken, it's the called plays from Siri and or Hurts making the decision to run himself and not hand it off. Nothing wrong with our RB's

48 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Uh,every week is a different match up. I think as "pros" they watch people and adjust as needed unless you are a total rookie. I noticed early vs the Vikes Slay was banging JJ at the LOS and that bothered him,so maybe we do that again this week. It's a nice play against a speed guy to bop him off the LOS. I wasn't expecting to take down the Vikes,so I need to trust Gannon for now

49 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

After 2 weeks you are calling him MVP and paying him big money??? Can we get to post season first????

Archived