Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

20 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But you made zero comment on how I am pointing out how even higher in that draft the talent fell off. We wouldn’t have traded back otherwise. We draft Pitts or Chase. And that’s what is actually best.

Congrats...the talent level was higher...12 months later we ended up with Smith and AJ.   Prior to making the trade with Miami...we had Reagor and JJAW.      

So what's important...the talent in the draft..  or how you make it work for you?  I could care less about the draft class... my focus is on how we come out of it.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m not seeing the NFL act politically correct actually. I understand what you’re saying. But they really blew the Kap kneeling situation. The No fun rules were to strict and lame. But I struggle to see how in America’s biggest sport the American way isn’t important. Penalizing and ruining peoples careers over just having allegations is just not American. 

That's why you can counter sue-defamation,false arrest,whatever it is

So I still have my own ideas. I don’t agree with Rosie blowing that money for a four win season. That was just dumb. Still paying for that. I believe ion clearing the cap and building from there for more sustainable success. So Rosie spending like crazy 2026 money for play this year I actually question. But that’s how he can do it. Can’t spend current money. So we loaded up a good roster that we can’t maintain. Not nearly as easily as it should be to retain more of these guys. But all in all I think Rosie made good deals and player choices this offseason. Bringing back Harris at S I was against. Now maybe that was Gannon more than Rosie call. But wasn’t a good signing. Trading for Ceedy Deuce was a great deal. So thumbs up by Rosie. Now seeing CGJ flourish week one without being here all offseason showed me it was real easy to see we should sign him long term. Rosie missed that. How much that cost us? Probably cost us retaining him even. But I’d estimate it at a sign I can’t price difference. Think we could have locked him in at 13 mil then long term. Now he’ll sign for twenty mil. That’s 7 mil over five years. That to me is a big mistake. So Rosie made the trade. Win! But blew the extension for an All Pro. I see both being true. Praise and complaint.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Think Sanders is key. I know you, No Mas, aren’t high on him. But he’s the big weapon back there. Think without him there is no fear. We can still rush the ball. But the chance at the big play isn’t there. 

I disagree,the OLINE is key. You have a dominating Oline and even mediocre RB's will look good

29 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yes I posted that above(if you bothered to check)

I follow the thread in order. So yes I responded to your earlier post even though you figured it out later. Not a perfect way of me doing things. But keeps me out of others opinions effecting my thoughts. Also helps me keep track of responding. So good job on figuring out Lance is out. Terrible job missing that mega drama when he went down so early in the season.

43 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I think the coach does a spectacular job putting the QB in position to succeed.   Using the RPO to his strengths.  Then timing it just right from going from a Saturday offense to a Sunday one.   Keeping his QB out of bad situations.  Think he manages the clock well... uses the QB sneak and the set up plays for " hard counts" extremely well.    Basically he doesn't beat himself.  

You guys point out all the negative and teams " exposing us"  ...I'll say it took fluke fumbles to have us lose in a game where we could have put up 35-40 points without those 2 flukes... all while the other team controlled the ball.

That's pretty impressive... to go with 11 wins in the other 11 games 

I agree and if Shew had to play you don't think they would adjust the offense to his play style? I mean Shew is not a runner,but he is as accurate as Hurts. But Hurts can run well and he gets the nod,but to assume Shew would choke has no basis in fact

22 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

All depends what you actually do with it. If we get Carter that dominates on the Dline for ten years that’s the big win. Trading back at 8 because the elite guys were gone gets you what? If we trade back to 20 and get a first next year and take Reagor and Dillard….which path is better?

The path that got us Smith and AJ was great.  Again...." player selection " it's different than managing the assets 

You worry about a loss of a 4th rounder.  You claim the 2022 2nd round was all full of studs.    Yet the 2023 Saints pick and their future 2nd rounder..." some random picks"  lol.

So you see great player selection from pick 26 this year and 138 next year...but you see us making bad decisions with the Saints picks we are getting at much higher spots ?  

This I don't get.  Man you are a worry wart.  Relax and enjoy life.  Gannon giving you anxiety. It's sports dude.   Didn't Covid provide with a little life perspective?    You don't miss any of the shots you don't take.  Anticipating bad stuff to happen so in the end you won't be disappointed is a bad way to live life.   

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So I still have my own ideas. I don’t agree with Rosie blowing that money for a four win season. That was just dumb. Still paying for that. I believe ion clearing the cap and building from there for more sustainable success. So Rosie spending like crazy 2026 money for play this year I actually question. But that’s how he can do it. Can’t spend current money. So we loaded up a good roster that we can’t maintain. Not nearly as easily as it should be to retain more of these guys. But all in all I think Rosie made good deals and player choices this offseason. Bringing back Harris at S I was against. Now maybe that was Gannon more than Rosie call. But wasn’t a good signing. Trading for Ceedy Deuce was a great deal. So thumbs up by Rosie. Now seeing CGJ flourish week one without being here all offseason showed me it was real easy to see we should sign him long term. Rosie missed that. How much that cost us? Probably cost us retaining him even. But I’d estimate it at a sign I can’t price difference. Think we could have locked him in at 13 mil then long term. Now he’ll sign for twenty mil. That’s 7 mil over five years. That to me is a big mistake. So Rosie made the trade. Win! But blew the extension for an All Pro. I see both being true. Praise and complaint.

So how do you know what your record will be in a the year you haven't played the games yet?. Coaching makes no difference???? If your coaches can't get the best from the players it won't matter what money you spend,or not spend

28 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Jacobs,around 12.5 mil,Sanders maybe 7.2.( I read the article too so don't claim this as your own idea lol)

Wouldn't pay either.

44 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I think the coach does a spectacular job putting the QB in position to succeed.   Using the RPO to his strengths.  Then timing it just right from going from a Saturday offense to a Sunday one.   Keeping his QB out of bad situations.  Think he manages the clock well... uses the QB sneak and the set up plays for " hard counts" extremely well.    Basically he doesn't beat himself.  

You guys point out all the negative and teams " exposing us"  ...I'll say it took fluke fumbles to have us lose in a game where we could have put up 35-40 points without those 2 flukes... all while the other team controlled the ball.

That's pretty impressive... to go with 11 wins in the other 11 games 

Overall I can appreciate the coaching. I don’t see it as Sat offense to Sun. College influence has been huge on the NFL. RPOs being run all over the league. Not sure how you’ve missed this? A considerable amount of  NFL teams utilize this. So how many need to use RPO for it to be considered a pro playcall? It’s been here now. Keep up. Eighties football isn’t what they do now. I’ve seen the coaches have good game plans coming in to se weeks. That is really helpful for any team. Also seen them adjust and improve things in the flow. That also is great! I can point to games the playcalling was lights out on both sides of the ball. But they’ve also had bad moments. I hated most of what was called in that Indy game. Felt pretty dumb game plan and then no adjustment came. Until the end. Then I give full credit for our game winning TD play. Fir the measure of the afternoon bad playcalls. But that 7 yard stroll for the winning TD by Hurts was just absolute beautiful playcalling. Their D clearly read Kelce and overplayed it. Easy TD.

But trying to force running up the middle all day into the strength of the Colts D was dumb. 

39 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Ok....I'll say it.  Anything with a racism or sexism undertone isn't going to fly today.  All the stuff we have seen with these guys treating women " poorly" ( that's a conservative choice of words) they can't take a chance in today's environment.   The kneeling was before the incident in Minnesota.  Things have changed in the last few years 

Feel bad for the dude if he wasn't involved.  But the NFL had to play it that way.  Not even sure what happened here...did the team just release him on their own? 

Yep, accusations were filed and the team dropped him because of it. 

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I follow the thread in order. So yes I responded to your earlier post even though you figured it out later. Not a perfect way of me doing things. But keeps me out of others opinions effecting my thoughts. Also helps me keep track of responding. So good job on figuring out Lance is out. Terrible job missing that mega drama when he went down so early in the season.

He got hurt,why is that "missing a mega drama?" I just rechecked to see if he was ahead of schedule coming back and he's not,so stop the BS already. losing Jimmy D was more dramatic for them

28 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Gotta always remember the goal is attaining talent. More ammo(draft and money) can clearly help achieve things. But making the right choices is most important. So if we get Carter at 6. That’s a much better higher odds bet than two 20th pick players. I prefer Rosie getting setup for the sure pick elite talent guy….than winning Draft Wars on paper.

Yeah...but boy did AJ and Smith work out. Miami took Waddle.  Who would you rather have ...Waddle or our two guys with using the same asset.   The 6th pick of the 2021 draft?  

It all depends... but my point.  At this stage it's all about the Saints getting the highest spot possible. I'm not worried about the next steps yet.   Not until after the season.  And really I'll be more focused on free agency first.

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Wouldn't pay either.

Me either,but Ham was having a Spaz attack LOL,Gotta jump on every FA thats out there

27 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

He has spiffy hair, what's that worth???

Spiffy... always a classic word.

14 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You have the ability to delete/edit previous posts after you have seen later ones

40 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

If Goedert is elite,why do you need another one? You are panicking because he is out LOL. Very POOR reason to take a round 1 TE

41 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

If Goedert is elite,why do you need another one? You are panicking because he is out LOL. Very POOR reason to take a round 1 TE

You just quoted me saying I can’t see taking a round one TE. I clearly said I could see us diving into this deep class in the fourth round or so though. I mean you clicked on quote. Then completely misquoted me. On top of it…you claimed I’m panicking. Slow down. Read. Then let your wild accusations fly…but at least let it reflect an actual difference in what I actually said.

11 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But that 7 yard stroll for the winning TD by Hurts was just absolute beautiful playcalling

Watch it again,it was beautiful execution by the Oline-Kelce in particular. Even you could have strolled that in,but Hurts is GOD with you LOL

27 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Alright, this is your false narrative spin. I just call every move and really everything how I see it. I’m doing it in real time all the time here. I will admit I saw us as moved into second tier in the NFC. So top seed is achieving more than I predicted. I have no problem admitting I was under rating our position amongst the NFC. You’re just flat wrong about the Saints trade with my feelings against it being driven by Hurts being replaced. You been missing what I’ve been saying for two years obviously. I was the one guy that knew and understood Hurts was the guy. Was pointing out how I haven’t favored any QB option since we took Hurts. Your whole point is based on my fear of Hurts being replaced…clearly BS. Pretty sure everybody here can back me up on my clear opinion is that Hurts is the guy. I saw this coming you have to remember. So your mindset youre using doesn’t apply to mine. 

Again... so with Hurts being the guy...this trade was great to give him more long term assets to build with.   

I 100% believe if this was done a day after Hurts signed a long term huge contract your thought would have been different. If the hype was about how the team wants to build around him long term and that's the purpose of the trade... you would have been 100% on board.  Because it's so obvious...pick 16 for a 3rd, 1st and a 2nd.   3 picks to build around the long term QB.   So obvious it was great trade of assets. Now let's hope the player selections are great.

48 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Absolutely not...come on now.  You were complaining about the contracts in the high 20 mil range. Stop it now...what's next you going to take credit for telling me how good pasta is?

I constantly notice the trends. Easy to predict at the rate of inflation QBs blowing up 50 mil. Seemed so shocking back then. But now see S getting 20. So yeah 20 mil at S seems pricey. Feeling it was a blueprint as a cheap position we targeted accordingly years back. But now it’s opposite. I see it as pricey. TEs were so Uber cheap. Things changing now though.

11 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You just quoted me saying I can’t see taking a round one TE. I clearly said I could see us diving into this deep class in the fourth round or so though. I mean you clicked on quote. Then completely misquoted me. On top of it…you claimed I’m panicking. Slow down. Read. Then let your wild accusations fly…but at least let it reflect an actual difference in what I actually said.

You said you wanted another TE(round 1,2 or 3 because thats all we have) yet Goedert is elite,so we need another one? How are you going to add stats with the weapons we already have.Only so may snaps per game I wouldn't take a TE in this draft unless someone had a gun to my head,or there were no BPA's because that is a wasted pick. We took Calcaterra(and Stoll),let him work before PANICKING that we need more TE BACK UPS because Goedert got hurt

36 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Wait!!!! This is a 180 from "rest our starters"(aka coast) you stated less than a week ago. Your inconsistency is showing. SMH as you continually confuse me with opposing statements

I do openly post my thoughts that vary. I’m open to many different ideas. Not imprisoned in one box. But think on this I’ve been consistent. Resting our starters would be coasting regular season. I was clearly speaking of what it will take to win the big playoff games. So I’d rather be the fourth seed and have our whole team for the postseason win and go home time. If that was an actual known choice to make. Number one seed at the price of losing Hurts dies not much at all for me. Rather be last team in and have a healthy top players.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I do openly post my thoughts that vary. I’m open to many different ideas. Not imprisoned in one box. But think on this I’ve been consistent. Resting our starters would be coasting regular season. I was clearly speaking of what it will take to win the big playoff games. So I’d rather be the fourth seed and have our whole team for the postseason win and go home time. If that was an actual known choice to make. Number one seed at the price of losing Hurts dies not much at all for me. Rather be last team in and have a healthy top players.

LMAO oh so we need to expect 180's every other day. OK-NP,but you will be hard to take seriously with varying opinions depending on what day it is

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So which is it? Do you tell Hurts et al they are sitting? Can I be there to laugh when you tell them?

Archived