Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Just now, joemas6 said:

Again... so with Hurts being the guy...this trade was great to give him more long term assets to build with.   

I 100% believe if this was done a day after Hurts signed a long term huge contract your thought would have been different. If the hype was about how the team wants to build around him long term and that's the purpose of the trade... you would have been 100% on board.  Because it's so obvious...pick 16 for a 3rd, 1st and a 2nd.   3 picks to build around the long term QB.   So obvious it was great trade of assets. Now let's hope the player selections are great.

And especially if you only thought we were a 2nd tier team within the conference...with probably your thoughts of teams with a 45 and 38 year old QB as tier 1.    Making a trade to set up future picks as those two guys fade away after this year...to put your guy in the top tier going forward...no shot you wouldn't like that.

Your only argument is the impact a backup would make THIS YEAR ,which is BS if all you thought was we were tier 2????

Ohhh the backup DB needs a year to gel???   Gel with who..Slay?  At the time we didn't have Bradberry or CGJ. Epps was seen as serviceable at best.   

You are trying to convince me that if Hurts was already signed, you thought we were tier 2, that taking a young DB to play with not many long term pieces would have been better than getting 3 good picks long term... no shot. None.

You can't stand Hurts to be in a position where he can fail.  Too much anxiety for you.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Wait!!!! This is a 180 from "rest our starters"(aka coast) you stated less than a week ago. Your inconsistency is showing. SMH as you continually confuse me with opposing statements

High level in postseason comment you quoted. Then get crazy with your comment applying my comment to regular season. You gotta read and understand then post. I’m fine if you disagree. But that’s two comments in a row you’ve flat out misread. Not just that…but you got flagrant with your comments towards me. So sorry sir but you’ve blown these replies. Right there with my actual quote above your post you are misinterpret and misquoting me. Going way out of bounds with your personal attack on me while you falsely reply, tighten up here man. You’re responses are rude and all being based on your failed comprehension.

43 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But I can praise Rosie but also complain where I don’t agree. I don’t see why I can’t. I was that guy complaining after the SB about what decisions he was making. How the contracts were leading us. Everybody else here seemed she’ll shocked about the position the franchise was in at 2019 and 2020. 

Right.... it was the bad contracts... not the fact we had nothing to show from years of drafting???   Lol.  

40 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

How do you know this after 1 game vs a crap jets team a year ago????(Hint-you have no clue what Shew can do or not do)

Actually seen Shew play in more than just one game. So I know exactly what I’m talking about. I possess some football knowledge. Not always correct. But don’t see us accomplishing our goals with Shew at the helm all playoffs. Hurts healthy is very key. Most key player we gotta have to hope to play in the SB. Backup isn’t doing it this time for us. We on the Hurts or bust mission this season.

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

High level in postseason comment you quoted. Then get crazy with your comment applying my comment to regular season. You gotta read and understand then post. I’m fine if you disagree. But that’s two comments in a row you’ve flat out misread. Not just that…but you got flagrant with your comments towards me. So sorry sir but you’ve blown these replies. Right there with my actual quote above your post you are misinterpret and misquoting me. Going way out of bounds with your personal attack on me while you falsely reply, tighten up here man. You’re responses are rude and all being based on your failed comprehension.

Well when I previously asked you questions about that post ,they,as usual, went unanswered,but I don't understand????? You said to rest players to avoid injury and I asked(many times) "how many plays is that" and you refused to answer me,so before saying I don't understand,YOU need to understand what you are stating and answer the posed questions. But now,we need to "play our hearts out" it can't be both so it's YOU who don't understand,so I ask again How many plays is it safe to play the starters before they get hurt?

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Because Goodell sucks and always has

So that means they are guilty by default? What happened to fairness?

You’re correct on this point. Yet I feel absolutely fine with loathing Duke. Just feels right all the way to my bones.

59 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Jacobs,around 12.5 mil,Sanders maybe 7.2.( I read the article too so don't claim this as your own idea lol)

So which you pick? That’s a significant pay difference. Or maybe you pay neither?

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Actually seen Shew play in more than just one game. So I know exactly what I’m talking about. I possess some football knowledge. Not always correct. But don’t see us accomplishing our goals with Shew at the helm all playoffs. Hurts healthy is very key. Most key player we gotta have to hope to play in the SB. Backup isn’t doing it this time for us. We on the Hurts or bust mission this season.

LMAO you forgot I lived in FL and watched him every week with a CRAP team?

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

So which you pick? That’s a significant pay difference. Or maybe you pay neither?

Why do I need to decide now???? I wait and see what the market tells me is a fair price

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You’re correct on this point. Yet I feel absolutely fine with loathing Duke. Just feels right all the way to my bones.

I doubt they care,but have at it

27 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yep, accusations were filed and the team dropped him because of it. 

The team dropped him. So why mention Goodell? 

Again... it's 2022.    It's not Kaep in 2016. Too much has changed in society.  Especially toward women.  Look at Watson situation.   

While not fair....you can't really blame the team, especially for a rookie punter. 

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Noone foresaw Foles winning the SB either. By all accounts we were finished remember??? I'm sure this offense would look quite different if we had to play Shew.He would probably fail if no adjustments were made. We adjusted for Foles,we would adjust for Shew as well

31 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But I’m talking about league policy more than just one example of Punt God.

Again... 2022.  You watch how teams take action now before the league has to.   Times have changed. 

31 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Me either,but Ham was having a Spaz attack LOL,Gotta jump on every FA thats out there

Spaz attack and spiffy...you are on a roll.  

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

See ...the problem that you miss all the time. You have such a disdain over " dead money "  you would over pay a QB 30 mil...but hate $1 mil of dead money 5 years later for another guy. 

For that $30 mil...it's not going to be long term. Because nobody wants to be locked into a mediocre QB situation for 5 years and pay $150 mil.    So that $30 mil is going to take a huge cap hit. Much better off going after the next Geno at $3.5 mil...drafting a possible franchise QB..or paying top $ for a top QB.    

The cap is all that matters for the team.  Why be locked into Geno Smith for more money than Aaron Donald?

Dead money isn’t good. I see how it’s part of the process. I don’t hate 1 mil dead or anything like that. I just see the very obvious forest for the trees here. Building a new young team while capped out and spending all this money off future caps is problematic. I actually see great reasons to do it. But I just think and believe you start getting heavy backloading and pushing off cap hits heavier towards the future makes more sense to continue contending. Build up a quality team while clearing the cap first. Get to contending. Then the next several years you can actually upgrade and improve by backloading while having more free current cap. No real secret how the 2017 team headed to become the 2020 team for me. "I called it” as obvious as it gets. Now we have a brand new team with coaches. All being held back over the attempt at adding a fifth win in 2020. Just such obvious fiscal policy I am worn down explaining this point over and over. Just real simple actually. Clear cap, build team….sustain contending.

21 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I constantly notice the trends. Easy to predict at the rate of inflation QBs blowing up 50 mil. Seemed so shocking back then. But now see S getting 20. So yeah 20 mil at S seems pricey. Feeling it was a blueprint as a cheap position we targeted accordingly years back. But now it’s opposite. I see it as pricey. TEs were so Uber cheap. Things changing now though.

Ok....you are a GM.   You paying Geno Smith or any other " C plus" QB $30 mil...when an impact safety can make $20 mil.  I'll pay the impact safety and have $10 mil to use elsewhere. 

16 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right.... it was the bad contracts... not the fact we had nothing to show from years of drafting???   Lol.  

Yeah we blew alot of drafts(sigh) Glad we turned that around. I would be curious to know what happened behind the scenes(not that it matters just curious) that changed because the last 2 have been terrific

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Spaz attack and spiffy...you are on a roll.  

I'm back to my 70's roots,when I also had hair with roots lmao(it's not spiffy either)

Yes all 4th round picks and or trades for same end up being total STUDS

He's kicking Wilsons rear end

Never said that. But judging each move independent. Results in on that trade. It was a bust. If we picked a fourth rounder that gave zero production and only suited up a couple games…I’d judge that also.

We have no clue where the drop off is,it's WAY too early to state that

I’ll give you this point. I’ve been staying as my way too early viewpoint. All based on a pick we don’t know even what number it will end up either. So both factors are big. But I’m real high on these first few Dline guys. Elite. So maybe I can add others into their level. We’ll see. I’m not at any point yet to say exactly where my big board drops off. Not ready to say what pick the Saints actually get us either. But that’s my way too early take on the situation. Maybe I’ll adjust my viewpoint. But looking likely a big difference in 6 pick versus 11.

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Never said that. But judging each move independent. Results in on that trade. It was a bust. If we picked a fourth rounder that gave zero production and only suited up a couple games…I’d judge that also.

So now you are capable of prediciting how traded players stat out? You are truly AMAZING(no hindsight here anywhere) if you bothered to check the stats I posted earlier he was a GOOD player,had a down year his last with the bears(so did everyone else that year),so the thought was he would return to his stats before that. Sometimes you take shots that don't work,but somehow we're the only ones????? So we took a SHOT with a 4th. it won't be the last 4th shot we fan on.may as well get used to it

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Like Zech????

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

ut I’m real high on these first few Dline guys. Elite.

yes you me and everyone who is held down by earths gravity is high on the same guys

Ok... when were Brady's numbers crippling? When they released him.  This farce he took less...he got paid, but they bonuses him the money not to count vs the cap.   I don't think Hurts numbers will very crippling.  Because he either redoes the deal ( as Wentz would have done if he panned out) or he goes. No way he stays here and plays out the deal without getting redone. Oh...but that dead money in 2034... oh no.  Lol.

Meanwhile...and pay attention here... Dallas hasn't signed a significant free agent in years...but the Eagles had no cap space..and look at their signings.

Cap space is a tool... to be used as part of the equation to make moves.  Eagles have done so, Dallas hasn't.  Congrats to them for having less dead money...didn't help them with squat did it?

They won the division and killed us last year. Your point is our way has produced better results over the last few seasons? Not seeing that. They blew the playoffs last year. Their HC has been their greatest downfall to me. Not cap management. Garrett and McCarthy suck. Not sure how your point revolves around Dallas looking like the best team last year sucked for them because they were capped out. They had a great team. Signing more FA wasn’t their downfall. 

19 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LMAO oh so we need to expect 180's every other day. OK-NP,but you will be hard to take seriously with varying opinions depending on what day it is

Yes...this way all is covered.

All of a sudden Goedert is elite?  But when we all said Goedert,  Smith and AJ were a top tier group..."well let's not carried away No Mas"   ... then he makes 30 innuendos of how our OL isn't good,  then 10 posts later " I never said we weren't the best" ...lol. 

We can't set the bar to where we expect Hurts to be an MVP candidate,  but yet he always had faith in him? 

Remember the articles that came out...best OL and top 4 receiving group.   He constantly tells us how he is confident in Hurts and Sanders is " special "  yet can't expect top level success? 

We argue Hurts is going to get paid ...he argues we have him cheap in 2023 and can tag him afterwards?  Now he was the one saying $50 mil all along.

But I get it... the 180 on things means he is not " imprisoned " by certain ideas.

So ... I'm going to follow suit... I say we are going to win the Superbowl...and I also think we will lose the rest of the games.  

Howie stinks.  Howie is the best.   

I'm not imprisoned by one idea... I " called " them all.

Congrats...the talent level was higher...12 months later we ended up with Smith and AJ.   Prior to making the trade with Miami...we had Reagor and JJAW.      

So what's important...the talent in the draft..  or how you make it work for you?  I could care less about the draft class... my focus is on how we come out of it.

That’s my point. All that ends up mattering is what you come out with. Reading the draft class is a huge part of doing that in my estimation however. What’s better just drafting Parsons at 6 or trading back adding picks to take Reagor and JJaw. It matters. Especially those really top elite guys. But just the fact we were just back from Chase and Pitts mattered. You don’t trade back from picking them. He felt he had to trade back because we weren’t getting them. That one spot back effected through whole draft plan.

28 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Well when I previously asked you questions about that post ,they,as usual, went unanswered,but I don't understand????? You said to rest players to avoid injury and I asked(many times) "how many plays is that" and you refused to answer me,so before saying I don't understand,YOU need to understand what you are stating and answer the posed questions. But now,we need to "play our hearts out" it can't be both so it's YOU who don't understand,so I ask again How many plays is it safe to play the starters before they get hurt?

I'm still waiting on which rookie pick 19 or after was worth not taking the Saints trade. 

27 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Neither 

33 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You have been rude and attacked me multiple times. "Hater" "Don't know football" "have no clue what you are talking about" etc etc ,but when I fire back in kind I'm rude? Please. I can defend a post and maybe I am wrong, and I will admit that(and I have),but the constant hindsight "I called it"  I,me,my opinion is the only one gets old after awhile. So whatever. You can put me on ignore as I mentioned before

Archived