Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/bryce-baringer  See no reason not to bring in a punter to compete,whether Joe likes it or not LOL

It's the best move so that you guys stop talking about it.    Looking at the offseason pick ups... I'm guessing special teams are going to be a little better this year.   

JMO but I think Howie is doing a good job with what little there is to work with. Like the LB addition

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

JMO but I think Howie is doing a good job with what little there is to work with. Like the LB addition

Lots of dead money he has to work around.

5 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

Lots of dead money he has to work around.

Some his own doing 

Thinking about this offseason and how it's gone down.   

I'm thinking the results are going to see us take a couple DL first.   

There was talk on the radio today where people argued that signing Cox prevented us from signing CGJ.  The guy that I kinda trust with his opinion and a little inside info... basically said one had nothing to do with the other.   Which I agree.  Basically  IMO they have a price tag they put on everyone that I don't think they will go over.    There is also more cap space to be had with some restructuring ...one being Lane Johnson that we haven't seen yet. 

That said, while I think they liked CGJ on game day and his playmaking ability, I'm tending to believe in their opinion a lot of that success was due to the DL and the CBs he was playing with.    The CBs are signed.  Greedy was added. You could make an argument that the position improved and is the best it's been in 15 years or so.   

But the DL lost some guys and needs to be replenished.   I think they believe they can find inexpensive quality options at LB and S later in the offseason.    So it brings me to DL.  

5 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Thinking about this offseason and how it's gone down.   

I'm thinking the results are going to see us take a couple DL first.   

There was talk on the radio today where people argued that signing Cox prevented us from signing CGJ.  The guy that I kinda trust with his opinion and a little inside info... basically said one had nothing to do with the other.   Which I agree.  Basically  IMO they have a price tag they put on everyone that I don't think they will go over.    There is also more cap space to be had with some restructuring ...one being Lane Johnson that we haven't seen yet. 

That said, while I think they liked CGJ on game day and his playmaking ability, I'm tending to believe in their opinion a lot of that success was due to the DL and the CBs he was playing with.    The CBs are signed.  Greedy was added. You could make an argument that the position improved and is the best it's been in 15 years or so.   

But the DL lost some guys and needs to be replenished.   I think they believe they can find inexpensive quality options at LB and S later in the offseason.    So it brings me to DL.  

So,check out my,mock LOL.It's got what you want Edge,DT,OT,S,QB, combo WR/TE in Higgins. Bring in my Michgan State punter as a UDFA and may as well grab my boy Chris Brooks at RB. Then we can scour teams releases. I think we'll be fine. Pascal will be missed for his blocking ability,thats why I want Hjggins. he can come in play on the snaps that need extra blocking. He is a WR that can play TE due to his weight so he is quicker than most TE's. Not as heavy as a TE,but more agile and speedyMixing him in on some plays with our reg #2 TE(I assume that is Calcaterra) will make defense have to adjust when we change Calc for Higgins

My first(10) is Wilson at edge,then either Bresee or Kancey at 30(I prefer Kancey), Bergeron(RT).,Ji'Ayr Brown at S, DTR at QB,Higgins last pick

Ham,I looked at your S pick(Jammie) I have Brown,but I would be happy taking him at 94 also,so I will pop him on to my either/or list

Anyway another trade back partner could be the Squeelers  10 and a 7th for their 17 and 49. That would give us 17,30,49,62 gives them a shot at the top RB. Still at 17 there are some possible stud players(such as Van Ness,maybe Bresee)

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Anyway another trade back partner could be the Squeelers  10 and a 7th for their 17 and 49. That would give us 17,30,49,62 gives them a shot at the top RB. Still at 17 there are some possible stud players(such as Van Ness,maybe Bresee)

Steelers need top RB?

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Steelers need top RB?

IDK what their RB situation is like with Harris

31 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK what their RB situation is like with Harris

I don't think they trade away picks 17 and 49 to take a RB when they already have Harris...doesn't make sense. 

12 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I don't think they trade away picks 17 and 49 to take a RB when they already have Harris...doesn't make sense. 

OK someone else then-WHATEVER!!!!

39 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

OK someone else then-WHATEVER!!!!

I mean... Harris is their best offensive player for the last 2 years ... why would they give up 2 picks for a RB?   Trade could absolutely happen, but I don't think any team gives up their first two picks for a RB...let alone one that has a stud still on the rookie deal for a couple of years???

Appears carters draft stock didn't drop all that much. I hope whomever drafts him can beat some sense into him

7 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I mean... Harris is their best offensive player for the last 2 years ... why would they give up 2 picks for a RB?   Trade could absolutely happen, but I don't think any team gives up their first two picks for a RB...let alone one that has a stud still on the rookie deal for a couple of years???

I said whatever,sorry I even mentioned it

57 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Appears carters draft stock didn't drop all that much. I hope whomever drafts him can beat some sense into him

Probably due to the facts coming out.  I'm guessing he is going to have some kind of clause where he doesn't drive though. 

58 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I said whatever,sorry I even mentioned it

Lol... wow,  can't have a discussion now.   I agreed a trade could happen.  Pittsburgh could absolutely have a target they want.

I'm just curious why you would think it would be RB???   That's their best player on offense???? 

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Probably due to the facts coming out.  I'm guessing he is going to have some kind of clause where he doesn't drive though. 

The clause will be about his weight….and focusing on workout bonuses. But I’m not sure how much wiggle room teams even get with rookie contracts anymore.

Archived