Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

I wouldn't mind them bringing Suh back as depth.

We have tons and tons depth at DT

Milton Williams and Kentavius Street are looking like 4th and 5th. Tui and Noah probably battling for that last spot. I give the edge to Noah…as the more stout NT.

My thinking is you go with Steen at RG. Jurgens could be getting tons of the C reps all TC and PS. Be good to have him facing off with Carter a bunch at his position. My only real question mark… at this time…about the Oline is ….who is the backup LT?

How much do you want to push Kelce on the field before actual games?

6 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

I wouldn't mind them bringing Suh back as depth.

Just wanting as much competition at RG as we can find,the right side is your normal RB side,so the better that tandem is the better your running game should be(in theory) Can't afford a weak spot between Kelce and Lane especially if we want to keep Penny upright. Although he is cleared,he really hasn't been tested on the injury front and getting him to the second level helps the stats and injury risk IN MY VIEW. Should be a blast watching how we use our new RB's. I'm excited to see that

I'm also wanting better depth at WR. I know we are trusting Quez again,but he was really mediocre last year,that slot threat is much needed(WR3 or TE2). I think Higgins would be a nice cheap addition. He could even challenge Quez to start in the slot. He didn't see a touch in Carolina(a waste IMO),so he is probably rusty,but still young enough for a 2-3 year contract and he should come cheaply

I'm interested in Ngata also. He can be a WR or TE(217 pound WR). He will need 1-2 years to develop

48 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Just wanting as much competition at RG as we can find,the right side is your normal RB side,so the better that tandem is the better your running game should be(in theory) Can't afford a weak spot between Kelce and Lane especially if we want to keep Penny upright. Although he is cleared,he really hasn't been tested on the injury front and getting him to the second level helps the stats and injury risk IN MY VIEW. Should be a blast watching how we use our new RB's. I'm excited to see that

Tough to beat the tandem of Mailata and Dickerson for run blocking.

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Man,could you imagine if Brooks stayed healthy????     Those 5.... lol.  

36 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But normally the run is to the RIGHT. Those 2 aren't there for run blocking LOL,they are there to protect Hurts, please. They are useful on screens to the left,but thats not your primary running game

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I'm also wanting better depth at WR. I know we are trusting Quez again,but he was really mediocre last year,that slot threat is much needed(WR3 or TE2). I think Higgins would be a nice cheap addition. He could even challenge Quez to start in the slot. He didn't see a touch in Carolina(a waste IMO),so he is probably rusty,but still young enough for a 2-3 year contract and he should come cheaply

I think they’ll make decisions about Quez based on is effort and looks of progress. I assume the O Playbook doesn’t change drastically. Just more of what playcalling change tells. So Quez knows the Playbook. Possess uncoachable speed. Good pod with Long and Kelce about underrating Nelson Agholor. 2017 and 2018 he performed well. They both discussed how Ags wasn’t succeeding because he wasn’t on those JUG machines constantly. He would try hard in run plays to " dig out the S. If Quez is putting the effort and working hard I trust him much more. Sometimes reality doesn’t equal effort. But we’ve seen Quez display pretty elite level potential in several areas of his position play.

Basically more comfortable trusting Quez if you see the effort and determination at least.

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think they’ll make decisions about Quez based on is effort and looks of progress. I assume the O Playbook doesn’t change drastically. Just more of what playcalling change tells. So Quez knows the Playbook. Possess uncoachable speed. Good pod with Long and Kelce about underrating Nelson Agholor. 2017 and 2018 he performed well. They both discussed how Ags wasn’t succeeding because he wasn’t on those JUG machines constantly. He would try hard in run plays to " dig out the S. If Quez is putting the effort and working hard I trust him much more. Sometimes reality doesn’t equal effort. But we’ve seen Quez display pretty elite level potential in several areas of his position play.

He's been here awhile,his "progress" tanked last year and he hasn't fixed his BS drops either. Find me a #3 who can CATCH THE BALL. Noone underrated AG,he was a first round pick,that is not underestimation,that is not living up to your potential. He was OVER rated as a round 1 choice IMO

47 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

He's been here awhile,his "progress" tanked last year and he hasn't fixed his BS drops either. Find me a #3 who can CATCH THE BALL. Noone underrated AG,he was a first round pick,that is not underestimation,that is not living up to your potential. He was OVER rated as a round 1 choice IMO

I think that’s the biggest issue is his high pick status.

But he came on his last two years ….well. Wasn’t a super star

You gotta allow for dropoff in usage with us bringing in AJ

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

JALEN CARTER BROKE A SLED AT PRACTICE TODAY!

Easy there....  this isn't true... was Spuds being a little dramatic.   

10 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

JALEN CARTER BROKE A SLED AT PRACTICE TODAY!

Any video you know of? I would LOVE to see it LOL

11 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Any video you know of? I would LOVE to see it LOL

Didn't happen.  Was just a way of Spuds saying Carter looked powerful. 

10 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Didn't happen.  Was just a way of Spuds saying Carter looked powerful. 

TMZHam

Archived