Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

I know we need so much help everywhere, but in round 3 I will hold out for WR Terrence Marshall if he is there. Bye Djax, bye Alshon. Goodwin we will have,he can be the "vet presence" that we may or may not even need lol.The kids are lighting it up,the vets need to be on disability

6 minutes ago, macgregor said:

I wasn't there no. I lived in Bonita Springs in 2017.

Lived in SC park when I first moved(from Ohio) to FL(1994),then moved to North Fort in 2006. Moved to NC in March. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, macgregor said:

Oh well, welcome to THIS board. A group of long time peeps that have their own little corner lol

14 minutes ago, macgregor said:

I flew my daughter in from NC for that SB(Pats fan sadly). She had all kinds of flight problems. but she would not take "no" for an answer and  opened up on them with both barrels until they gave her the last seat lol. She got there(finally) after the first 1/4. It was the most fun I have had in a long time. There were 450 people there(capacity 300 HAHAHA). When the strip sack happened nobody cheered!!!! We all were silent staring in at each others face. After about 5 seconds some dude stood up on a barstool and yelled "we're gonna win this!!!!" Then the place erupted.Total blast

12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I flew my daughter in from NC for that SB(Pats fan sadly). She had all kinds of flight problems. but she would not take "no" for an answer and  opened up on them with both barrels until they gave her the last seat lol. She got there(finally) after the first 1/4. It was the most fun I have had in a long time. There were 450 people there(capacity 300 HAHAHA). When the strip sack happened nobody cheered!!!! We all were silent staring in at each others face. After about 5 seconds some dude stood up on a barstool and yelled "we're gonna win this!!!!" Then the place erupted.Total blast

Wow that must've been awesome. That owner is pretty cool as I recall. He's a huge fan.

26 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So for me,and JMO Wentz needs to turn things around THIS WEEK. The time for weenies is over. Show us why we pay you. I'm still drafting Thomas because if he keeps sucking we will need a QB competition in camp (Hurts,Suds,Thomas-keep the best 2)

Well, this is the week for him to turn it around. The Seahawks have the worst pass defense in the NFL and have held the opposing team under 20 points just once. If we can't throw against this team, we can't throw against anybody. 

4 hours ago, jsb235 said:

I think that's hard with the number of new linemen we were putting in the game. You are more apt to screw them up then the defense.

To me, the biggest change was that early in the game he was throwing with anticipation. The throws to Reagor and Goedert were A+ efforts. After that, I never saw it. On one play, he had a deep out to Fulgham that was just late, allowing the defender to make the play. It was a totally different throw than the one he made to Reagor earlier.

The old Wentz is still there. He just has to trust himself to make the throws, and his receivers to make the catches. To me, it's a confidence issue more than anything, and he isn't being helped by the playcalling. 

I’m with you on this. The movement penalties were a killer the week before. Doing more harm than good with hard counts. I also agree it’s all confidence. Wentz got a little gunshy.

30 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Well, this is the week for him to turn it around. The Seahawks have the worst pass defense in the NFL and have held the opposing team under 20 points just once. If we can't throw against this team, we can't throw against anybody. 

The Hawks seemed to turn it up last game against the cards. They traded for a pass rusher which always helps. I know everything thinks it’s only Schwartz that needs those guys but that’s why big time pass rushers make huge dough. Everyone needs them.

I think the root of some of you(fans on this site) is you had higher expectations than were realistic. Things have only been going downhill money and personnel wise since the BIG win. Injection of youth was needed. Injuries and a messed up offseason held us down some for sure. But this wasn’t a twelve win team. So really maybe just got to look in the mirror a bit and dial back the expectations. 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

If we can kidnap Howie and let this board make the picks on draft day,we will be much better off. Just sayin'

We certainly couldn't do much worse.

This is a pretty good breakdown of some things the Eagles did right on Sunday.

Fran Duffy on Twitter: "What were my takeaways from the #Eagles #Browns game on film? I broke down the good and the bad from Sunday's game on my All-22 Recap #FlyEaglesFly READ: https://t.co/Ohzx0A1NLx https://t.co/wwaHWjclXv" / Twitter

Duffy is paid by the team so he is a bit of a cheerleader, but he does pretty good breakdowns. One thing he highlighted was the run blocking, which was really good, and in particular by Goedert and Rodgers, who is turning into one heck of a bargain.

He breaks down the nice catches by Reagor and Goedert that I talked about, and you can see in those two throws what this offense is capable of. What is sad is that out of 35 pass attempts, he talked about the same two completions that I talked about, meaning that there were 30 or so other attempts that weren't so great.

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Welp, he needs QB- catch 22 lol. We were like "Wentz needs WR's he can trust". He trusts Jeffrey,yet didn't go there so SMH as usual

Wentz seemed to connect and develop chemistry with Fulham who is equally inexperienced.  

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think the root of some of you(fans on this site) is you had higher expectations than were realistic. Things have only been going downhill money and personnel wise since the BIG win. Injection of youth was needed. Injuries and a messed up offseason held us down some for sure. But this wasn’t a twelve win team. So really maybe just got to look in the mirror a bit and dial back the expectations. 

Hard to know what this team would have looked like with NO injuries. I was kind of excited for the season to start, but that was quashed early on lol

35 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Wentz seemed to connect and develop chemistry with Fulham who is equally inexperienced.  

But Alshon was supposed to make a difference on offense. He is not a stranger to Wentz. 2 targets with goose eggs is hardly a triumphant return

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

This is a pretty good breakdown of some things the Eagles did right on Sunday.

Fran Duffy on Twitter: "What were my takeaways from the #Eagles #Browns game on film? I broke down the good and the bad from Sunday's game on my All-22 Recap #FlyEaglesFly READ: https://t.co/Ohzx0A1NLx https://t.co/wwaHWjclXv" / Twitter

Duffy is paid by the team so he is a bit of a cheerleader, but he does pretty good breakdowns. One thing he highlighted was the run blocking, which was really good, and in particular by Goedert and Rodgers, who is turning into one heck of a bargain.

He breaks down the nice catches by Reagor and Goedert that I talked about, and you can see in those two throws what this offense is capable of. What is sad is that out of 35 pass attempts, he talked about the same two completions that I talked about, meaning that there were 30 or so other attempts that weren't so great.

IDK Chubb gashed us for 114 yards. It's amazing how "mediocre" suddenly becomes a "good point" Of course when everything goes south,you cling to whatever you can find

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

Welp that's it,now you jinxed them lol

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

But Alshon was supposed to make a difference on offense. He is not a stranger to Wentz. 2 targets with goose eggs is hardly a triumphant return

He’s on JJAW level of production!  :lol:

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

He’s on JJAW level of production!  🤣

SO "cost effective" I am beside myself. That's what 2 million per target(with no results?) I will volunteer to catch no passes for 1/2 mi.Think of the SAVINGS!!! 🤣

14 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK Chubb gashed us for 114 yards. It's amazing how "mediocre" suddenly becomes a "good point" Of course when everything goes south,you cling to whatever you can find

Half of Chubb's yards were on one run, and most of them were due to Ostman missing an easy tackle.

On defense, what killed us were long pass plays. Mills gave up two long ones and Maddox was also beaten badly twice. And both times the receiver didn't make much of a move, the DBs just lost the plot. (Mills was beaten right before the long Chubb run.)

I would honestly play Jacquet at this point. He can't be that much worse. Maddox can play the slot. 

36 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SO "cost effective" I am beside myself. That's what 2 million per target(with no results?) I will volunteer to catch no passes for 1/2 mi.Think of the SAVINGS!!! 🤣

You can be the next Vince Papale!  

29 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Half of Chubb's yards were on one run, and most of them were due to Ostman missing an easy tackle.

On defense, what killed us were long pass plays. Mills gave up two long ones and Maddox was also beaten badly twice. And both times the receiver didn't make much of a move, the DBs just lost the plot. (Mills was beaten right before the long Chubb run.)

I would honestly play Jacquet at this point. He can't be that much worse. Maddox can play the slot. 

With LeBlanc going on IR it would give reason to moving Maddox to the slot (and let NRC back him up there, who I think is inferior to both of them but gets more play time primarily because Howie added him to the roster this past off season).  Definitely agree with seeing some of these younger guys like Jacquet and Wallace to see what they offer.  Let them take their lumps in what surely is a lost season - the experience will be huge for their development to better prepare them for larger roles next year.  

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

IDK 114 -1 yards runs =2- 57 yard runs on the stat line. So to say we stopped the run is a misnomer. I like jacquet. I hope he can grow

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

On defense, what killed us were long pass plays

We are pretty much known for getting scorched on these. I'm sorry,Wilson is gonna carve us up(pun intended)

Right now in fantasy I am playing ANY D with any semblance of a pass rush vs us and ANY decent WR vs us. I hate to be a downer,but these are fantasy plays to watch for. Should be good advice for the next 4 weeks

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Just don’t really want to see Maddox on Metcalf

UGH. Then there is Lockett. I hope someone spies Wilson or he will get 100 yards on the ground himself

Archived