Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

So the BIG "we got ALSHON back!!!! That was another DUD with 2 targets and zero stats. 4-5 wins no matter to me. if you aren't oignt o play your young guys why did you get them? Oh for "the future" So when is the future exactly? When you run out of options?

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Did Rodgers, Brady or Brees get benched as the answer? 

Only way forward is to get Wentz out of this slump. Gotta be a team effort. 

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Only matters if you get there with a team able to do something. To me that means getting healthy, getting these young guys to step up and getting Carson out of his slump and on fire. 
     If we can’t draft well I’d say those difference in picks become huge. Cowboys were a few picks ahead of us. They got Lamb. I’d say we would have taken Lamb if we were in their spot. 

I have no clue what teams will look like 7 -8 week from now. Maybe we get it together and others falter. All I know right now is Wentz is near the bottom(if not THE bottom) of the pro QB ranks.Once you hit 32nd,there is nowhere else to go lol

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Only way forward is to get Wentz out of this slump. Gotta be a team effort. 

Sure,but Wentz isn't doing his part. if he was connecting on passes and was sharp then I would say NP. But this team is giving up on him no matter what they say in the presser.if I'm on my 4th year rook contract,I'm pretty PO'd cause there is no big payday in my future with no stat line. A blank resume isn't getting me diddly

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So the BIG "we got ALSHON back!!!! That was another DUD with 2 targets and zero stats. 4-5 wins no matter to me. if you aren't oignt o play your young guys why did you get them? Oh for "the future" So when is the future exactly? When you run out of options?

Tough one. Because we are talking about getting Wentz out of his slump. Alshon was his favorite target. But I agree we need to play the youth and develop them. I was kind of hopeful Jeffery could help out. Of coarse he’s rusty and hasn’t played in quite awhile. I didn’t think he’d come right back and be blockbuster. I don’t think he’s even played hardly any snaps. So it’s worth a shot. How many snaps has he even taken away from anyone? Don’t think JJAW was going to use those to launch his career.

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Did Rodgers, Brady or Brees get benched as the answer? 

Maybe for that game it WAS. We have seen BU's come in and spark a team. Sometimes they even win the game. There are 53 other players,we pull whoever needs pulled.You can't sacrifice the team for one guy-JMO

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Tough one. Because we are talking about getting Wentz out of his slump. Alshon was his favorite target. But I agree we need to play the youth and develop them. I was kind of hopeful Jeffery could help out. Of coarse he’s rusty and hasn’t played in quite awhile. I didn’t think he’d come right back and be blockbuster. I don’t think he’s even played hardly any snaps. So it’s worth a shot. How many snaps has he even taken away from anyone? Don’t think JJAW was going to use those to launch his career.

Yeah,I doubt the timing was there.it was once,but its' been awhile.He has chemistry with Fulgham.perhaps they find it again with Alshon,but last game didn't look real promising

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Maybe for that game it WAS. We have seen BU's come in and spark a team. Sometimes they even win the game. There are 53 other players,we pull whoever needs pulled.You can't sacrifice the team for one guy-JMO

But you feel the need to sacrifice the leader to try and win one game?

So we are losing with no way to come back. Wentz already lost the game.Why not play Hurts,or Suds? So when you actually need them,they have some snaps in real game time.I'm not comprehending the thinking here at all

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But you feel the need to sacrifice the leader to try and win one game?

How is it sacrificing? You start him next game and see if he rebounds(if not pull him again).This was really common in TB with winston and fitz lol

Your "leader" is sacrificing the rest of the team. So you disrespect the rest of the team to keep Wentz happy?

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

If you bench the leader....can he still be the leader? But maybe you are right. Maybe benching him and putting in another QB is just what Wentz needs. Another QB playing and the offense still sucks maybe gets people off his back some.

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So we are losing with no way to come back. Wentz already lost the game.Why not play Hurts,or Suds? So when you actually need them,they have some snaps in real game time.I'm not comprehending the thinking here at all

How is it sacrificing? You start him next game and see if he rebounds(if not pull him again).This was really common in TB with winston and fitz lol

Winston and Fitz became great players now after that? If not then it’s a terrible example.

If Wentz is hitting guys when he has time,then I have NP with him.I can blame the Oline(which I do anyway).Fact is,he is making rook mistakes,missing open receivers,staring them down.All the stuff you do in HS.I'm running out of excuses for him to show me why he is a franchise QB

If you bench the leader....can he still be the leader? But maybe you are right. Maybe benching him and putting in another QB is just what Wentz needs. Another QB playing and the offense still sucks maybe gets people off his back some.

Winston and Fitz became great players now after that? If not then it’s a terrible example.

Doesn't matter the COACH made the change because it was in the best interests of the TEAM AT THAT TIME,NOT the QB 

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We need Suds for what? Guy has been a third stringer his whole career and is a FA

Noone wants to bench your stars,but by your own admission there are slumps.This one is not ending and that needs addressed. IDK how to address it,but standing still means you are going nowhere,so try anything at this point.even a bad decision is better than no decision IMO

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We need Suds for what? Guy has been a third stringer his whole career and is a FA

Why pay him then? I will not play for 1/2 salary.It's a great savings!!

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Your "leader" is sacrificing the rest of the team. So you disrespect the rest of the team to keep Wentz happy?

I see problems all over. Your expectations were too high for this group. I’ve never been real high on this year’s team. But sure you make some good points about Wentz being in a slump. I also see our star RB miss his blitz pickup. Fumble at the four yard line. Drop three passes last week. You want to bench Sanders also?

Hurts as a round 2,should at this point be able to step in and play with some semblance of decency. if he cannot we either drafted wrong,aren't prepping him or both.It's not week 2 anymore.We ,pressed PS WR's into service and even a PS RB and look what we found!!!!

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Noone wants to bench your stars,but by your own admission there are slumps.This one is not ending and that needs addressed. IDK how to address it,but standing still means you are going nowhere,so try anything at this point.even a bad decision is better than no decision IMO

Why pay him then? I will not play for 1/2 salary.It's a great savings!!

The slump needs to be addressed by the whole team. Wentz isn’t the only guy not playing at a Pro Bowl level. 
  Gotta have a backup in case the starter gets injured. Not every backup is paid to takeover the franchise.

I see problems all over. Your expectations were too high for this group. I’ve never been real high on this year’s team. But sure you make some good points about Wentz being in a slump. I also see our star RB miss his blitz pickup. Fumble at the four yard line. Drop three passes last week. You want to bench Sanders also?

That was ONE play. Wentz is making multiple errors EVERY GAME.He is closing in on the franchise PICK record

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Hurts as a round 2,should at this point be able to step in and play with some semblance of decency. if he cannot we either drafted wrong,aren't prepping him or both.It's not week 2 anymore.We ,pressed PS WR's into service and even a PS RB and look what we found!!!!

You want to compare playing RB to playing QB? Where to begin? 

The slump needs to be addressed by the whole team. Wentz isn’t the only guy not playing at a Pro Bowl level. 
  Gotta have a backup in case the starter gets injured. Not every backup is paid to takeover the franchise.

Not asking for a pro bowler I am asking to execute the plays and that is not happening

That was ONE play. Wentz is making multiple errors EVERY GAME.He is closing in on the franchise PICK record

How many do you blame on Wentz?

Not asking for a pro bowler I am asking to execute the plays and that is not happening

By everybody

You want to compare playing RB to playing QB? Where to begin? 

You asked if I would bench Sanders and that was my answer ONE play is ok,Noone is perfect,but Wentz is a consitent disaster,not ONE play here or there,so NO I would not Bench Sanders for ONE play.if he fumbled 5 times,thats different no????

You asked if I would bench Sanders and that was my answer ONE play is ok,Noone is perfect,but Wentz is a consitent disater,not ONE play here or there,so NO I would not Bench Sanders for ONE play.if he fumbled 5 times,thats different no????

He dropped three passes, missed his pass blocking responsibilities several times. But I know he’s a stud. Just gotta straighten these things out. I don’t want to bench him.

Archived