Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m not going to be like the media and barely fans to blame the QB for everything.

Totally agree here. The QB gets the bulk of the glory and the bulk of the blame.It's always the QB's team. Plenty of places to point fingers. This team is in such disarray its' hard to know where to begin.ST unit seems OK,to me that's the best unit we have.Even if it's average it's ahead of other units. Duce doesn't have alot to work with either. Scott is ok as a BU,other than Sanders,we only have WIP's. I hope Howard still has some gas left. But since Peds abandon the running game,getting him could be for nothing again  

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Houston decided to pay him for two more seasons as a player coach

Maybe he could have helped Wentz through this and been a staff add at some point. But we will never know now. Wentz has no "vet presence" because he IS the vet lol

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Maybe he could have helped Wentz through this and been a staff add at some point. But we will never know now. Wentz has no "vet presence" because he IS the vet lol

I get the feeling we wanted to hire McCown in some capacity when he was ready to join the coaching staff, but if memory serves, he wasn't ready to leave the Houston area where he has a home (in Tusk, TX) - he wanted to be around his family (in particular his boys who are both HS QBs - one a sophomore, one a junior).  I believe he had commented about taking a NFL coaching job when they were out of HS.  Hence the arrangement to be on our practice squad in an "emergency capacity" (while maintaining his residence in TX).  The offer from Houston was likely too good to pass on - gets him into coaching in the NFL while being able to stay close to home.  Can't blame him, but sucks for us ... I, too, thought he would have made a helluva QB coach here and could have helped Wentz get back on track.  

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

I get the feeling we wanted to hire McCown in some capacity when he was ready to join the coaching staff, but if memory serves, he wasn't ready to leave the Houston area where he has a home (in Tusk, TX) - he wanted to be around his family (in particular his boys who are both HS QBs - one a sophomore, one a junior).  I believe he had commented about taking a NFL coaching job when they were out of HS.  Hence the arrangement to be on our practice squad in an "emergency capacity" (while maintaining his residence in TX).  The offer from Houston was likely too good to pass on - gets him into coaching in the NFL while being able to stay close to home.  Can't blame him, but sucks for us ... I, too, thought he would have made a helluva QB coach here and could have helped Wentz get back on track.  

IDK why you'd hire people who don't want to move to relocate lol(DUH) About as effective as throwing 20 dollar bills out your car window every mile,then wondering why you have no cash to buy gas 

37 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK why you'd hire people who don't want to move to relocate lol(DUH) About as effective as throwing 20 dollar bills out your car window every mile,then wondering why you have no cash to buy gas 

IIRC he mentioned he would be willing to relocate to join an NFL coaching staff in a couple years after his youngest son was out of HS.  This opportunity to join one now and not have to relocate was a win win for him.  

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We had two TE to the blitzed blindside side. Failed to pick it up. Wentz throws pick six. Not his fault.

Alshon got stuffed and then jumped too early. Ward picks it off. Not Wentz fault. 
   Had Seumalo and Peters get beat on a double team for a safety.  Embarrassing by them...not Wentz fault.

Everybody needs to do their job. I’m not going to be like the media and barely fans to blame the QB for everything. Jeffrey’s turnover at the five. Sanders fumble at the five. Those go for TDs instead....the discussion is very different.

I’ve literally said all this in previous posts so I agree... Wentz has his own faults but not everything was on him 

4 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I’ve literally said all this in previous posts so I agree... Wentz has his own faults but not everything was on him 

I agree as well.  And the play calling isn’t doing him any favors either.  

13 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I agree as well.  And the play calling isn’t doing him any favors either.  

Geoff Mosher broke down the Eagles failed third downs and found it was pretty evenly divided between Wentz missing throws, breakdowns in protection and bad schemes.

So we have to get better at all three things.

This year is kind of a lost season. The only things I want to see the rest of the year is how the offense works with Fulgham, Goedert, Reagor, Ertz and Sanders on the field at the same time and how the young olinemen continue to develop. 

Doug has to make game plan to help rebuild A. Wentz confidence and B the teams overall.

Seattle doesn’t have a great D this would be a fantastic game to play smash mouth football run Sanders/Howard heavy(assume Howard gets called up) let Wentz play game manager short quick easy throws. Will also aid the struggling OL.

No this won’t happen I know but should be the move in my eyes lean on our strength and as of right now that’s the ground game 

Passing game because we should be running I’d go with lots of play action...bootlegs  rollouts moving Wentz all around. Basically make it simple first two reads if neither is open throw the ball away or run it for couple yards. 

Just complete ball control game 

40 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Geoff Mosher broke down the Eagles failed third downs and found it was pretty evenly divided between Wentz missing throws, breakdowns in protection and bad schemes.

This year is kind of a lost season. The only things I want to see the rest of the year is how the offense works with Fulgham, Goedert, Reagor, Ertz and Sanders on the field at the same time and how the young olinemen continue to develop. 

Agreed.  Unfortunately they keep deluding themselves into believing we have a chance to go on a roll, to win the division and enter the playoffs with a 4-11-1 or 5-10-1 record and make some noise (which is why I think they continue to play Jeffery, Peters, etc.).  Not going to happen.  Give Mailata the snaps at LT - the experience will only help better prepare him for next year.  Play Driscoll and Herbig ... not Pryor (and potentially sit Lane if he is trying to fight through this injury - no sense making it much worse where it could jeopardize his availability for 2021).  Play Fulgham, Hightower, Watkins, etc. as much as possible.  Get Huntley involved.  Let's see Jacquet and Wallace in the secondary, Taylor at LB, etc.  

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Agreed.  Unfortunately they keep deluding themselves into believing we have a chance to go on a roll, to win the division and enter the playoffs with a 4-11-1 or 5-10-1 record and make some noise (which is why I think they continue to play Jeffery, Peters, etc.).  Not going to happen.  Give Mailata the snaps at LT - the experience will only help better prepare him for next year.  Play Driscoll and Herbig ... not Pryor (and potentially sit Lane if he is trying to fight through this injury - no sense making it much worse where it could jeopardize his availability for 2021).  Play Fulgham, Hightower, Watkins, etc. as much as possible.  Get Huntley involved.  Let's see Jacquet and Wallace in the secondary, Taylor at LB, etc.  

I can’t agree with the OL statements... simply put should always keep your best guys out there to protect the QB...

Now is JP better then Mailata can be debated for sure but I do believe you start the best guy

Herbig last I heard has been inactive because of a hand injury. 

Skill position players now yea get the young guys playing much as you can. 

On 11/23/2020 at 12:50 PM, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yes, I saw we had yards on the ground early, not killing it,but YARDS are YARDS. So of course, after 1 miscue, we need to go away from that so we can balance with miscues in the passing game with picks and errant throws. Great plan(NOT)

They pretty much killed it on the first drive running the football. The QB was also 6 out of his first 6.  I believe when they run the ball, it changes everything for our QB.  Mainly because it changes everything by slowing down the pass rush, which helps our pass protection and then gives our WRs more time to get open.    That helps the QB, when you help his teammates.  TD pass to Rodgers is perfect example... nobody was open, Wentz needed time to find the 4th or 5th read.  Without the play action .. that's not a TD. 

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Sure it is,it's called throwing the ball away lol. If the play is not there don't force it.live for another down

Dude, you gotta start watching the game live.    You are missing too many things 

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

I think we need to avoid Geoff and the rest of the clueless media.   They want controversy.  They love it right now with what is going on with the Eagles.  

But we will see the MVP favorite coming up... let's really watch to see how he plays... if it's mistake free, how much time he gets to throw, how clean the pocket it, how his WRs make plays for him.    

It's lazy to give all the blame and credit to one guy.   That is the media agenda.  Go look at what Torrey Smith had to say about the pick 6.  A guy who knows about the concepts of the offense and what the job of the WRs should be. 

12 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Dude, you gotta start watching the game live.    You are missing too many things 

Yeah,but this is not just one game.I have seen this watching them in previous games, so this seems to me to be a fairly common issue

34 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I can’t agree with the OL statements... simply put should always keep your best guys out there to protect the QB...

Now is JP better then Mailata can be debated for sure but I do believe you start the best guy

Herbig last I heard has been inactive because of a hand injury. 

Skill position players now yea get the young guys playing much as you can. 

Mailata was playing better at LT (after taking some early lumps) than Peters.

Herbig outplayed Pryor to be named starter at LG to start the season.  He returned from the finger injury to play a couple STs snaps against NY and was a healthy scratch last weekend.

If Lane is still hobbled by the ankle injury and can’t give 100% then you still run the risk of Wentz getting injured (and making the ankle much worse).

Just now, time2rock said:

Mailata was playing better at LT (after taking some early lumps) than Peters.

Herbig outplayed Pryor to be named starter at LG to start the season.  He returned from the finger injury to play a couple STs snaps against NY and was a healthy scratch last weekend.

If Lane is still hobbled by the ankle jury and can’t give 100% then you still run the risk of Wentz getting injured (and making the ankle much worse).

Again that is the debate on Mailata I don’t disagree that he is better

And again I seen Herbig was inactive because of the hand injury not a healthy scratch 

But again I question just how much control Pederson has at times because some of these moves just don’t seem like moves he would make 

On the flip side guys at least feel the 76ers are finally building the team the right way around Emiibid and Simmons. 

39 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Again that is the debate on Mailata I don’t disagree that he is better

And again I seen Herbig was inactive because of the hand injury not a healthy scratch 

I was going by this piece by Frank that mentions he was a healthy scratch.  

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/what-earth-going-eagles-offensive-lineman-nate-herbig

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I was going by this piece by Frank that mentions he was a healthy scratch.  

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/what-earth-going-eagles-offensive-lineman-nate-herbig

I did just read that but before the game I read a tweet that said he was out with the hand... Either way definitely odd situation. 

Herbig should definitely be the starter at RG if healthy 

A good look at Mailata's snaps.

Jordan Mailata vs Browns 2020 - YouTube

He gave up one sack and one pressure, but in both cases I think Wentz had room to step up.

It seems like the sacks and pressures that Mailata has given up this year fall into one of two categories. 1. As we saw in this case the DE gets super deep and Wentz either fails to step up or can't because of interior pressure. It really isn't fair to expect a LT to block a guy 15 yards up the field. 2. He sets flat and gets beat by an initial move, which is what we saw in the Cowboys game.

Keep in mind that the Browns took Wills 10th overall and he was the reigning rookie of the week, and he was absolutely abused by Sweat on Sunday. So if you asked me which guy I would rather have, it's Mailata and it's not even close. 

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

On the flip side guys at least feel the 76ers are finally building the team the right way around Emiibid and Simmons. 

Can we hire Morey??  :lol:

Seriously, that is exactly what this team needs (for starters) ... a GM that knows WTF he is doing and has a vision and a solid plan to make that vision a reality.  

6 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Can we hire Morey??  :lol:

Seriously, that is exactly what this team needs (for starters) ... a GM that knows WTF he is doing and has a vision and a solid plan to make that vision a reality.  

Morey stated an NFL team had interest in him lmao stated he not sure what he could bring to the table though doesn’t know football like that in basic terms 

Archived