Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

How many do you blame on Wentz?

Too many.I don't count up the plays.I have no time for that.This is not a multi million dollar performance I am seeing

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

He dropped three passes, missed his pass blocking responsibilities several times. But I know he’s a stud. Just gotta straighten these things out. I don’t want to bench him.

Well we are stuck there because we really have noone else(more piss poor planning)

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

By everybody

yeah,then again we have 3rd stringers in some places. Wentz is NOT a 3rd stringer,but he's playing like one

He dropped three passes, missed his pass blocking responsibilities several times. But I know he’s a stud. Just gotta straighten these things out. I don’t want to bench him.

So in your opinion is that due to "letting up"/ not paying attention because he has no reason to bust? We are becoming used to losing and that doesn't bode well

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

You asked if I would bench Sanders and that was my answer ONE play is ok,Noone is perfect,but Wentz is a consitent disater,not ONE play here or there,so NO I would not Bench Sanders for ONE play.if he fumbled 5 times,thats different no????

You were talking about benching Wentz. I watched plenty of Hurts in college. I like him as a player. Saw him grow quite a bit throughout his college career. Think he’ll grow plenty here. But I don’t think he’s ready now. That’s why he wasn’t a first round pick. He needs development. The pick wasn’t about what he can give this year....whether you agree with the pick or not. Just like the idea of taking a Sidney Jones type in the second.

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

So in your opinion is that due to "letting up"/ not paying attention because he has no reason to bust? We are becoming used to losing and that doesn't bode well

I think he came out a little rusty after missing time from injury.

You were talking about benching Wentz. I watched plenty of Hurts in college. I like him as a player. Saw him grow quite a bit throughout his college career. Think he’ll grow plenty here. But I don’t think he’s ready now. That’s why he wasn’t a first round pick. He needs development. The pick wasn’t about what he can give this year....whether you agree with the pick or not. Just like the idea of taking a Sidney Jones type in the second.

Welp,thats probably accurate. At the same time we';ve had Suds on the payroll forever. If Hurts isn't ready why don;t we have a 2(like Foles) that can step in??? I mean JFC we even had McCown in the wings and let him go for Suds? if he can't play we got that wrong also

I remember Kelce having his worst season after he got his big payday. He worked out after that season though. Struggled through and overcame it.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I remember Kelce having his worst season after he got his big payday. He worked out after that season though. Struggled through and overcame it.

yeah I am just frustrated.On paper this team looked SO good before we once again had to put up 12 mash tents.We still have no clue what Reagor can do,because Wentz can't get him the ball

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Welp,thats probably accurate. At the same time we';ve had Suds on the payroll forever. If Hurts isn't ready why don;t we have a 2(like Foles) that can step in???

It’s called a salary cap. The point is we don’t need a step in. We need to get Wentz out of the slump. Easiest way is have people on offense make plays. We have guys making errors. Him included. But these things keep adding up. A missed block, a fumble, a wrong route run, a drop, Wentz missing a pass or open guy, no Oline dominating his man, a penalty at the worst time. 

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

yeah I am just frustrated.On paper this team looked SO good before we once again had to put up 12 mash tents.We still have no clue what Reagor can do,because Wentz can't get him the ball

That’s where I disagree. Your expectations were too high. You bought into  the hype

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think he came out a little rusty after missing time from injury.

Hard to know.I hope you're right.But it's like riding a bike.If you don't know who to avoid fumbles or catch a pass,no amount of time will fix that.The p[layers are starting to be lackidaisical because we are used to losing now.There is no spark,no leadership,.noone pushing anyone,just going through the motions for a paycheck

A healthy Lane, Dillard and Brooks we sure looked much better...on paper. None of those materialized this season. That isn’t Wentz or Pedey’s fault.

It’s called a salary cap. The point is we don’t need a step in. We need to get Wentz out of the slump. Easiest way is have people on offense make plays. We have guys making errors. Him included. But these things keep adding up. A missed block, a fumble, a wrong route run, a drop, Wentz missing a pass or open guy, no Oline dominating his man, a penalty at the worst time. 

That’s where I disagree. Your expectations were too high. You bought into  the hype

1) McCown wasn't paid diddly. He can play,we know that.Why do we keep Suds? McCown was good for another year(someone else signed him). Noone is making offensive plays without execution and Wentz can't hit guys that are WIDE OPEN. 2)My expectations were to be competitive.We had the players to do it ,that is not hype.of course the injury bug hit again which wiped that slate clean

A healthy Lane, Dillard and Brooks we sure looked much better...on paper. None of those materialized this season. That isn’t Wentz or Pedey’s fault.

Lack of adequate BU's sure IS ped's fault.That and moving players around like musical chairs.That's on ped noone else.If JP looks crappy,it's the coaches job to replace him IN GAME.that was not done either

Hard to know.I hope you're right.But it's like riding a bike.If you don't know who to avoid fumbles or catch a pass,no amount of time will fix that.The p[layers are starting to be lackidaisical because we are used to losing now.There is no spark,no leadership,.noone pushing anyone,just going through the motions for a paycheck

Tough to say all that. We got hit with massive COVID protocols during Giant week. Couldn’t huddle, be in the same film room.....on and on. Just couldn’t practice for real. I just don’t see basing everything off that situation. Whole season has been out of whack really. I don’t really want to wreck everybody and everything because this anomaly situation hit. I feel like it is a decent amount of a reason for our struggles.

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

1) McCown wasn't paid diddly. He can play,we know that.Why do we keep Suds? McCown was good for another year(someone else signed him). Noone is making offensive plays without execution and Wentz can't hit guys that are WIDE OPEN. 2)My expectations were to be competitive.We had the players to do it ,that is not hype.of course the injury bug hit again which wiped that slate clean

I didn’t see McCown being that. I saw he couldn’t make it. Along with plenty other players on that old team. We needed McCown for part of a game at the end of the season and he broke. Just nothing left in that guys tank. He’s a coach. Don’t want to use salary cap for coaches that much(unless they can still play).

Oh well nice discussion with you. I suppose we are both frustrated beyond belief.I know I am. I had no clue we had holes we weren't supposed to have.In a way it's a good thing because we are exposed.if Ped needs to go,thats on Lurie,but right now I can't recall a worse team than this one.I GTG.Nice chatting with you

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I didn’t see McCown being that. I saw he couldn’t make it. Along with plenty other players on that old team. We needed McCown for part of a game at the end of the season and he broke. Just nothing left in that guys tank. He’s a coach. Don’t want to use salary cap for coaches that much(unless they can still play).

LOL,then why did we pay him as an "emergency QB"? That makes no sense.Either he can play or he can't.GTG bud later

Lack of adequate BU's sure IS ped's fault.That and moving players around like musical chairs.That's on ped noone else.If JP looks crappy,it's the coaches job to replace him IN GAME.that was not done either

I don’t agree. It’s the GMs job mostly. But too many injuries has been brutal. Peters is different. I don’t think Pedey can bench him. He’s best buds with the owner. I didn’t want him back. So what do you do if the owner says Peters starts at LT?

I feel Pedey and Stout were forced to move players around so much because of injury. Nobody thinks it’s ideal. Think they just looked at the matchup and what options they had left

Brooks, Dillard, Johnson been out pretty much all season. Seumalo and Driscoll got injured. Peters got injured. Herbig got injured. Seven Olineman get injured....you aren’t going to have continuity. Can’t blame the coaches.

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LOL,then why did we pay him as an "emergency QB"? That makes no sense.Either he can play or he can't.GTG bud later

Houston decided to pay him for two more seasons as a player coach

We had two TE to the blitzed blindside side. Failed to pick it up. Wentz throws pick six. Not his fault.

Alshon got stuffed and then jumped too early. Ward picks it off. Not Wentz fault. 
   Had Seumalo and Peters get beat on a double team for a safety.  Embarrassing by them...not Wentz fault.

Everybody needs to do their job. I’m not going to be like the media and barely fans to blame the QB for everything. Jeffrey’s turnover at the five. Sanders fumble at the five. Those go for TDs instead....the discussion is very different.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t agree. It’s the GMs job mostly. But too many injuries has been brutal. Peters is different. I don’t think Pedey can bench him. He’s best buds with the owner. I didn’t want him back. So what do you do if the owner says Peters starts at LT?

IDK if the best buds thing holds water. If they were all that close he wouldn't have been released into FA to start with. So we disagree then because Peds' job is to work with the players he is given. If Lurie has any faith in Ped at all he would ask "what/who do you need?" Then Howie "how do we get this done". IDK, that's just the way my biz experience worked. Chain of command. If Lurie wants JP then I start him while reminding him that it's his call and if Lurie is making decisions for Ped,he hired the wrong coach

We had two TE to the blitzed blindside side. Failed to pick it up. Wentz throws pick six. Not his fault.

Sure it is,it's called throwing the ball away lol. If the play is not there don't force it.live for another down

Alshon got stuffed and then jumped too early. Ward picks it off. Not Wentz fault. 

I will give you this one.This was a case like I mentioned of the timing not being there.Double fault-game over

Archived