Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Because one is the leader of your team. The other got picked up off the streets with no future here.

He's not leading anyone. That should be obvious by now. We also thought our season was over when we had to put Foles in. He did ok. Taysom Hill,great job for the Saints. PJ Walker, great job for the Panthers,but nah we got noone here. Why do we pay them???

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember Russell Wilson going through a nightmare stretch. Came back to be arguably MVP caliber the last few seasons. Carroll wasn’t going to bench him though. 
  I just don’t see the positive in benching Wentz. Suds is our career third stringer. Not thinking he’s taking over and we are riding his arm for the next six years. I like Hurts. But I don’t believe he’s ready yet year one. Watched him progress throughout college. He could become pretty good with some time with pro coaching. 
   What’s your goal by benching Wentz? To win one or two extra games this season? That’s on the optimistic side of that theory. Arguably destroying the teams future in the process. Gotta look bigger picture I think. Carson is better than he’s playing. He’s not getting much help though. 

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

He's not leading anyone. That should be obvious by now. We also thought our season was over when we had to put Foles in. He did ok. Taysom Hill,great job for the Saints. PJ Walker, great job for the Panthers,but nah we got noone here. Why do we pay them???

I saw a different season unfold last year than you obviously. I saw Carson carry udon his back to the playoffs. Felt we win that playoff game if Clowney doesn’t have that dirty hit. Thought Carson was MVP level in 2017. So MVP level in 2017 and carrying the team in 2019. You just want to throw that guy away that’s in a slump? With all the reasons I listed above for offensive struggles.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I remember Russell Wilson going through a nightmare stretch. Came back to be arguably MVP caliber the last few seasons. Carroll wasn’t going to bench him though. 
  I just don’t see the positive in benching Wentz. Suds is our career third stringer. Not thinking he’s taking over and we are riding his arm for the next six years. I like Hurts. But I don’t believe he’s ready yet year one. Watched him progress throughout college. He could become pretty good with some time with pro coaching. 
   What’s your goal by benching Wentz? To win one or two extra games this season? That’s on the optimistic side of that theory. Arguably destroying the teams future in the process. Gotta look bigger picture I think. Carson is better than he’s playing. He’s not getting much help though. 

I totally understand your view. Sometimes one needs a "wake up call" Talk is talk, action is action. A good coach pulls players that are hurting the team. If that is Wentz then as a coach Ped needs to do it. Sure it's scary putting a rook in,but other teams do it. Everyone is a rook at some point. Wentz was better as a rook than he is now. I will grant you the bad oline and all that. Fact is when there are receivers open he whiffs and I really don't care what he is paid.The object is to win the game,so we disagree. We don't even allow snaps for our other QB's in garbage time.How do you know what you have if you refuse to do that???

Sounds like you’re all in on trying for five wins this season regardless of the big picture or future. Winning one extra game this season isn’t my goal. Not at those costs.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I saw a different season unfold last year than you obviously. I saw Carson carry udon his back to the playoffs. Felt we win that playoff game if Clowney doesn’t have that dirty hit. Thought Carson was MVP level in 2017. So MVP level in 2017 and carrying the team in 2019. You just want to throw that guy away that’s in a slump? With all the reasons I listed above for offensive struggles.

A slump is a slump 1-2 3 games,not 10 games. After that hit he has never been the same

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

A slump is a slump 1-2 3 games,not 10 games. After that hit he has never been the same

So figure out how to get him out of it. I don’t think benching him is the way. Pretty much a death sentence. 

Sounds like you’re all in on trying for five wins this season regardless of the big picture or future. Winning one extra game this season isn’t my goal. Not at those costs.

SO we suck,but we can still hang a division banner at the Linc and maybe spark this team a bit with someone else????? We don't know because we refuse to try. NO used Hill like we use Hurts,when Brees went down he stepped right up,but Hurts can't. Are we like special or something?

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So figure out how to get him out of it. I don’t think benching him is the way. Pretty much a death sentence. 

IDK man 3 wins isn't a death sentence? The D will only play so hard. When they see the O fail them every week,they will not sacrifice their bodies to be on the field 40 minutes(we've been down that path already)

IDK,I wish I knew. But whatever we are doing it's not getting any better

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK,I wish I knew. But whatever we are doing it's not getting any better

So you believe it’s all on Wentz?

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So,why not see what we have in the other guys? We could still win this lame division. All I hear from everyone is "we need to do better" That is a weenie excuse now because it's the same BS errors every week. That goes on Ped and now it's on LURIE. And if it get to the team owner you are in big trouble(see Jerry Jones)

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

So you believe it’s all on Wentz?

No,that would be foolish. If he has time he needs to hit those receivers. But he doesn't. He makes errors when there is no reason to make them. he stares down his receivers(like a rookie) giving defenses reaction time. This is not how a pro plays.Sorry,that's just how I see it. Is it fixable? IDK,but it should have been fixed by now it if was

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So,why not see what we have in the other guys? We could still win this lame division. All I hear from everyone is "we need to do better" That is a weenie excuse now because it's the same BS errors every week. That goes on Ped and now it's on LURIE. And if it get to the team owner you are in big trouble(see Jerry Jones)

Been getting plenty of other guys involved on the Oline. Played several other guys at WR. Those are the other guys I want to get reps WITH Wentz this season. 

You believe chasing five wins is the most important thing for this franchise?

I'm not chasing anything.Isn;t the object to Win the game? Or would you rather pu&&ie out and tank on purpose? Would that go down well in Philly?

Been getting plenty of other guys involved on the Oline. Played several other guys at WR. Those are the other guys I want to get reps WITH Wentz this season. 

No the other guys want to make catches,and score TD's and get stats.Thats why they are here. I don;t think they much care who is delivering the ball lol

No,that would be foolish. If he has time he needs to hit those receivers. But he doesn't. He makes errors when there is no reason to make them. he stares down his receivers(like a rookie) giving defenses reaction time. This is not how a pro plays.Sorry,that's just how I see it. Is it fixable? IDK,but it should have been fixed by now it if was

So you would have benched Russell Wilson while he was in his slump also? 

BTW tanking for a draft pick advantage is silly cause we can't draft no matter where we are

So you would have benched Russell Wilson while he was in his slump also? 

IDK I don't follow the Hawks. Did he get out of his slump? has Wentz?

I'm not chasing anything.Isn;t the object to Win the game? Or would you rather pu&&ie out and tank on purpose? Would that go down well in Philly?

No the other guys want to make catches,and score TD's and get stats.Thats why they are here lol

I’d say the object is to win the Super Bowl. Difference in 4-12-1 or 5-11-1 isn’t the goal for me. Doesn’t move my needle.

I’d say the object is to win the Super Bowl. Difference in 4-12-1 or 5-11-1 isn’t the goal for me. Doesn’t move my needle.

When the playoffs start everyone is 0-0. What's the difference between a 9th pick and 14th pick if we can't draft anyway? 

BTW tanking for a draft pick advantage is silly cause we can't draft no matter where we are

IDK I don't follow the Hawks

You might have seen a highlight or two by Russell Wilson since though, no? He’s been pretty decent. Came out of his slump to MVP levels for the last few years. Last season they were arguably the best team in the league at mid season. Then lost all their RBs. Their offense became ordinary.

You might have seen a highlight or two by Russell Wilson since though, no? He’s been pretty decent. Came out of his slump to MVP levels for the last few years. Last season they were arguably the best team in the league at mid season. Then lost all their RBs. Their offense became ordinary.

I would settle for ordinary about now. We aren't even that. For a long time we were a .500 club. Once again it will be tough for us to even get THAT far

yeah Aaron had a slump,Brees did,even Brady has at times,but they fix their errors and go on.We can't even spot the errors to correct them

When the playoffs start everyone is 0-0. What's the difference between a 9th pick and 14th pick if we can't draft anyway? 

Only matters if you get there with a team able to do something. To me that means getting healthy, getting these young guys to step up and getting Carson out of his slump and on fire. 
     If we can’t draft well I’d say those difference in picks become huge. Cowboys were a few picks ahead of us. They got Lamb. I’d say we would have taken Lamb if we were in their spot. 

yeah Aaron had a slump,Brees did,even Brady has at times,but they fix their errors and go on.We can't even spot the errors to correct them

Did Rodgers, Brady or Brees get benched as the answer? 

Archived