Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Time to suit up bud, we need you lol. What position were you vying for?

I was a safety however it was over 20 years ago LOL and it was for the New York Jets, not the Eagles. However I'm probably in just as good a shape as I was back then LOL

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some crazy reason though,we always seem to play the Hawks tough, but we had an offense then

2 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I was a safety however it was over 20 years ago LOL and it was for the New York Jets, not the Eagles. However I'm probably in just as good a shape as I was back then LOL

Well crap why are you on the comp,the birds could use you lol. I was a TE in 1974(only HS), no need for me yet(or ever HAHA). Jets could probably use you also. Careers can be revived

Wilson,Aaron,Hill(and/or Brees), Murray. Yep it's gonna be a long 4 weeks for the secondary .That's not even counting some nice RB's we will face

31 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Wilson,Aaron,Hill(and/or Brees), Murray. Yep it's gonna be a long 4 weeks for the secondary .That's not even counting some nice RB's we will face

Then good!  Maybe that’ll finally force a change in how they address the secondary.  We pick up Slay (who I think is great but it made no sense for this team to have used that cap space (or draft picks) to acquire him ... by the time we potentially could be competitive again he’ll be done) and let Jenkins go.  So basically we swapped out one good player in the secondary for another and are riding once again with 3 average to below average players rounding out the group. That’s partly on Howie but also on Schwartz too ... he’ll stick with Mills as long as he has him at his disposal even though he is terrible.  Play Parks.  Play the youngsters.  Let’s see what we have!  

16 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

UGH. Then there is Lockett. I hope someone spies Wilson or he will get 100 yards on the ground himself

Terrible idea. You can’t spy Wilson

I think the best thing to do against Wilson is a disciplined Mush Rush. Keep him in the pocket. Get your hands up when he throws. He isn’t very tall. 

I tried to watch all of Taylor's snaps. His pff rating was 27, so I expected him to be bad, and, well, he was.

He played when they used three tight end packages, and he just isn't big enough to handle those guys on running plays. He was constantly getting easily blocked.

In the passing game, he gave up one completion, though we were in zone and he just happened to be the closest guy. So that wasn't egregious. He also had a play where a TE got behind him in the end zone but Mayfield missed the throw. However, there were two guys wide open on the play, so someone else blew an assignment as well. Plus, they had blown the same coverage a few plays earlier which is when Maddox had the PI call in the end zone.

He did make one nice play where he came from the backside unblocked to make a tackle. And he looked good when Mayfield rolled out. He was disciplined and would have stopped him from running.

To me, he isn't a linebacker. He just doesn't have the size to shed blocks. I think he has the speed to cover tight ends and I bet he would be a really effective blitzer. But I don't see any way he competes for a LB job unless he adds a bunch of weight.

On an unrelated note, I thought the offense looked way better when we had Rodgers on the field than when we had Ward/Jeffery out there. The run game was substantially better, and Wentz looked more comfortable throwing the ball. He only played 30 percent of the snaps, which I hope goes up. He played a lot in the beginning, but was taken out after the pick six, where he blew a block. As I noted, that's when things fell apart for us, and I think that was one of the reasons.

I think the idea would be using his speed to avoid blocks. Hard for Oline to block S and CB types. He just doesn’t have any experience and play recognition.

9 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Yup.

Then hitting the bench was fair. They had enough protection called. Wentz should have been able to rely on him at least slowing the guy down slightly. 

This might sound insane but I’d like to see Doug give Wentz two plays every down. Run and pass play let’s Wentz make the call at the line...

Did something like this in 17 we also again let Wentz drop 3-5-7 steps under center. Also we tend to be at our best when we hurry up and Wentz is in control.

I think giving Wentz two plays at the line would drastically help us find a balance as well 

It easy to see Wentz lacks confidence in basically everything play calls, players, himself... 

Doug isn’t helping him any... So give some control let him run the ball build his confidence... There is just so many things we did in 2017 to help Wentz we just completely stopped doing I don’t understand it 

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Terrible idea. You can’t spy Wilson

Then he will run for 100+  yards

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think the best thing to do against Wilson is a disciplined Mush Rush. Keep him in the pocket. Get your hands up when he throws. He isn’t very tall. 

Thats a worse idea thaen you thought mine was lol. First of all we have no rush,or at least not enough of one. Secondly we don't have the players to contain him. GL trying to get a sack on him,he will take off for 15 yard jaunts all day( you heard it here first). He will also be hitting Lockett on slants pretty much at will 

41 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Then hitting the bench was fair. They had enough protection called. Wentz should have been able to rely on him at least slowing the guy down slightly. 

So why is it fair for other players to be benched, but not your suck QB???

Wentz has the ability to call audibles?? (That's basically 2-3 plays per down). So is Wentz NOT using the audible?( then blame Ped for bad play calls) or is he USING the audibles( then say bad play calls by Wentz).In any case their are broken cogs in this ungreased machine. Before you can grease it,you need to get the cogs right or it won't run anyhow

17 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So why is it fair for other players to be benched, but not your suck QB???

Benching your third or fourth TE vs your franchise Qb? Do I really need to acknowledge the massive difference in the two? Bench Wentz for who? Suds the endless third stringer. Or Hurts....the developmental rookie who is doubtfully ready for the League.

24 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Thats a worse idea then you thought mine was lol. First of all we have no rush,or at least not enough of one. Secondly we don't have the players to contain him. GL trying to get a sack on him,he will take off for 15 yard jaunts all day( you heard it here first). He will also be hitting Lockett on slants pretty much at will 

Ok you think you will stop slants easier by taking away a defender to spy Wilson? Who is this miraculous player you want spying Wilson?

I think I’m with JSB assessment of Wentz having his confidence shaken. Just terrible blocking. Rodgers missing that block was pretty big. Had extra protection and Dick Rod blew it. Wentz gets hit blindside for a pick six. With all that’s been happening this season that was a major blow. I don’t feel like that was Carson’s fault(unlike the majority of people it feels). I also can’t blame Wentz or Pedey for Sanders fumbling on the four yard line. They go in for a TD you are thinking great playcalling Pedey. Sanders hasn’t been very good in pass protection either. He also dropped like three passes last week. That’s our best offensive weapon. Those things hurt. Penalties have also been hurting the offense. Oline struggles have been real. 

Dillard got injured and hasn’t done anything this season. Lane was misdiagnosed and came into this season injured and has been terrible. Brooks injured and done nothing. Seumalo got injured. Your missing your whole starting Oline. That matters. Pretty sure No Mas has brought up a similar point. Peters has not been good. Who do you blame for him starting? I blame him being best buds with Lurie. I don’t think the owner will allow him to be disrespected by being benched. Driscoll injured. Herbig injured.

Ertz dealing with his contract displeasure this season. Rosie paying DJax and Jeffrey. Goedert got injured. Sanders got injured. 
   No preseason. Get hit with intensive COVID protocol for Giants week. That massively limited our ability to prepare for that huge game that we lost.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Benching your third or fourth TE vs your franchise Qb? Do I really need to acknowledge the massive difference in the two? Bench Wentz for who? Suds the endless third stringer. Or Hurts....the developmental rookie who is doubtfully ready for the League.

LMAO oh yeah he's playing like a franchise QB!!!  Why did we draft Hurts? And why isn't Suds ready to step in if needed? why do we keep him around if he can't play a snap???? Just more lack of planning and lack of developmental skills. Can either of those 2 play any worse??? I don't see a "massive difference" in 2 players that can't play.The only difference is the check amount. Maybe benching Wentz would wake him up from his rookie mistake nightmare? He is 5 years in and looks like a fresh out of school rookie. He can't spot open receivers,let alone get the ball to them,so tell me now what this "massive difference is"(besides the paychecks) Both guys are hurting the team and why benching one is fair,but benching the other is not

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Ok you think you will stop slants easier by taking away a defender to spy Wilson? Who is this miraculous player you want spying Wilson?

Doesn't matter. Whoever that players is will get beat either way. At least we can keep Wilson in front of us(with some luck)

24 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LMAO oh yeah he's playing like a franchise QB!!!  Why did we draft Hurts? And why isn't Suds ready to step in if needed? why do we keep him around if he can't play a snap???? Just more lack of planning and lack of developmental skills. Can either of those 2 play any worse??? I don't see a "massive difference" in 2 players that can't play.The only difference is the check amount. Maybe benching Wentz would wake him up from his rookie mistake nightmare? He is 5 years in and looks like a fresh out of school rookie. He can't spot open receivers,let alone get the ball to them,so tell me now what this "massive difference is"(besides the paychecks) Both guys are hurting the team and why benching one is fair,but benching the other is not

Because one is the leader of your team. The other got picked up off the streets with no future here.

Archived