Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Along with Curtis Modkins, the #Eagles are interviewing #Chargers OC Shane Steichen today for their vacant OC job, per source.

I’ve stated multiple times how much I enjoyed the Chargers O lol can’t get Lynn the OC might be the next best thing... Pep the QB coach could be another good one 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s Rosie....we are taking Paye. Let’s just spare ourselves any frustrations now. Barnett could be traded or released. Graham looks like the poster boy going forward of what’s been the issue here of holding on to aging vets because of loyalties. Time to let him go. He looked to be running out ofsteamtowardsthe end of the season. 

11 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It’s Rosie....we are taking Paye. Let’s just spare ourselves any frustrations now. Barnett could be traded or released. Graham looks like the poster boy going forward of what’s been the issue here of holding on to aging vets because of loyalties. Time to let him go. He looked to be running out ofsteamtowardsthe end of the season. 

Though I have been talking about moving Graham now for 2-3 years not he does anything for us if we trade him cap wise and definitely can’t cut him. 

Also if you don’t see Barnett returning that would leave us Sweat as our only DE and he hasn’t been a full time starter yet 

If Graham is stuck here like I believe his cap suggests then I’d look to get him into a more rotational role something similar to what WFT and Ron did with Kerrigan 

This is done now. And Nick Sirriani also bringing Kevin Patullo with him from Indy as his new pass game coordinator, per source

Also reported that Siri will retain Stout which seemed like an easy call one of the best OL coaches 

Eagles are expected to interview Broncos RBs coach Curtis Modkins today for their OC job under Nick Sirianni, according to He was Chip Kelly’s OC in San Francisco in 2016 He has coached RBs and been OC in his 13 years in NFL

Eagles are hiring Colts assistant coach Kevin Patullo as the pass game coordinator
He coached receivers and then the passing game last year with Colts

I’m told Eagles will also have an OC

So current confirmed staff 

HC-Siri

DC-Gannon 

OL coach- Stout 

Pass game coordinator- Patullo

I’m told Duce Staley has asked out of his deal with Eagles He has several other opportunities to explore It seems Eagles have filled a lot of the positions on offense

Sure Duce out the door won’t make some fans happy sounds as though Fipp is on his way out as well. 

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:
Along with Curtis Modkins, the #Eagles are interviewing #Chargers OC Shane Steichen today for their vacant OC job, per source.

I’ve stated multiple times how much I enjoyed the Chargers O lol can’t get Lynn the OC might be the next best thing... Pep the QB coach could be another good one 

Agreed on Pep. He’s done some nice work with QBs might be the help Wentz needs to get back on track.  

BGN reporting Duce wants out of Eagles contract. Been wondering when he was going to do that for a few yrs now. Not worried much except for the repoire w/ players.

40 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Sure Duce out the door won’t make some fans happy sounds as though Fipp is on his way out as well. 

I think Duce's main problem is that he turned down a chance to be an OC because it didn't include play calling, so he didn't get on the radar of other NFL teams for a head coaching spot. 

I like the Patullo hire because he's got a lot of experience and knows the system Nick wants to run. I would have liked for Duce to be the OC, but keeping Stoutland is a big win. 

I like Modkins as a potential OC. He's older as well and has previous OC experience. So it's not the worst thing in the world to pair a young coach with two older assistants who can help him.   

6 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

I like Modkins as a potential OC

Also works with RBs and likely add a good balance for the offense 

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

Puts us in a really good spot actually since we pick directly before Detroit.  Teams picking after 7 wanting one of the top QBs will know Detroit is likely to take one and may offer us a ransom out of desperation to move up ahead of them.  

That would only be true if we were gong after another QB(which I can't quite rule out yet). If they don't think we are why would they give up draft capital? 

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

That would only be true if we were gong after another QB(which I can rule out. If they don't think we are why would they give up draft capital?

To jump Detroit who is likely to go after a QB at 7. Granted doesn’t mean a team had to trade with us could also jump to 2,3,4,5 lol 😂 

Should be a fun interesting draft 

2 hours ago, jsb235 said:

This is looking good for the Eagles. My dream scenario is that they trade back with the Panthers and get their third round pick, and come out of the draft with Surtain/Farley/Horn, another CB, an edge rusher and a quality DT/RB/TE in the first 75 picks.

I get that everyone wants a WR. But if you fire the head coach and not the GM, and then you draft a position that the GM has spent a first and second round pick on in the last two drafts, that doesn't make any sense to me. Also, I think we would have won a lot more games last year if we had anyone decent at CB2 rather than a dominant WR, because we went through a stretch where Fulgham was one of the best WRs in football, and we were still losing. 

I'm not passing on Smith at 6. That would be foolish. Our issue(besides turnovers) was not scoring. You can rack up all the yards you want, means nothing. Our D was on the field entirely too long because once again we cannot do sustained drives that end in points. Add a few D pieces,but what they need most is to stay OFF the field

14 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

To jump Detroit who is likely to go after a QB at 7. Granted doesn’t mean a team had to trade with us could also jump to 2,3,4,5 lol 😂 

Should be a fun interesting draft 

I'm seeing possibly 5-6 QB's go by pick 15.; That 15 pick depends on how Bellicheat feels about Cam. That could also be a nice landing spot for Stafford in NE

35 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

BGN reporting Duce wants out of Eagles contract. Been wondering when he was going to do that for a few yrs now. Not worried much except for the repoire w/ players.

Can't blame him, we've been leading him on for a few years, adding words to his desk sign.

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I'm seeing possibly 5-6 QB's go by round 15.; That 15 pick depends on how Bellicheat feels about Cam. That could also be a nice landing spot for Stafford in NE

Makes it all the more possible teams will be willing to move to secure there guys at QB then. Not about fearing that we will take a QB but the guys around them. 

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Can't blame him, we've been leading him on for a few years, adding words to his desk sign.

.... Can if it is true he turned down an OC position because he wanted play calling 

If I am in NE and I'm not happy with Cam, I snag Stafford then take Trask at 15 and I have my 1,2 with the potential for my 2 to become the 1

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If we take Paye we are dumber than dirt.I have Paye going to cincy at 5,but I'm sure cincy would LOVE to pair Smith the Joe Burrow. So yeah you're probably right and we'll blow this draft like we always manage to do. I have nothing against Paye, excellent player, but h'es not the only guy at that position.I believe we need a solid WR corps. We have an "ok start". let's finish that room so we can move on to something else. Smith, Reagor , Hightower,  Fulgham, Ward. Now let the rest of them battle it out (Goodwin,Quez,Jjaw). Now you have all your "young guns" in place.

GSSklxmJ_x96.jpg

A note that didn't make it into either Sirianni piece this weekend -- for pacing purposes -- is the #Eagles' HC is very very focused on the WR position. Todd Haley said that was his interest, it's the position he played in college and the position he has the most exp coaching.

Will be interesting to see then how Siri views our WRs...could be the difference between WR at 6 or not 

I will also state I have NP at all using 1 or 2 of those round 6 picks to move up for another guy we like. I'm warning up to this Karamoah LB from ND(late 1 early 2) I'm hoping he falls to 38, then snag Stokes at CB in 3. Kid is relentless and a power hitter. Stokes plays "the other side" of my previous 2(CB) pick Campbell. other than round selection,I didn't see a huge amount of difference. So I have Smith, Karamoah and Stokes 1,2,3

Archived