Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

He has a really cheap deal, and he may get a chance to compete for a job in training camp. But I wouldn't count on him.

Here are the details.

Eagles and Marquise Goodwin agree to 1-year, $1.35 million deal (usatoday.com)

As far as the slot, JJAW and Fulgham could both play there and probably be pretty good. Hightower doesn't seem to have the route running or strength to play there. I view him strictly as a backup z right now.

Cheap enough. But still don't know if we keep him or back away from that. Doesn't really save much,but I suppose as cash strapped as we are we could void it,OR do we HAVE to renew it. The covid rules state we can pay them(I think it's 550 a week-no matter) but I don't know if either party has to hold to the original contract if the player opted out. I suppose I need to watch some vids of him real soon and we all assume DJax and Alshon won't be back, but we DONT know that's fact yet either

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I am still looking. I need to pick my annual UDFA RB LOL,but I would REALLY like to get a RB with upside. Maybe he needs polished(whomever you choose), but I need the talent to be there. Gainwell fits that bill for me if I have to wait until round 3.By round 5 you are looking more at additional BU's and I feel we have enough of those types. Prefer to be in a position where I could go 1 or 2, but we need too much to do that. Once the staff in in place, maybe we will hear about which direction they plan on going, which could alter my mock a bit. like the rest of us,I would like 5 round 1 picks lol

I liked that undrafted kid from Cincy this season. COVID killed any chance of him getting a shot though. Real good compliment to our two backs.

Josh McCown interviewed for the Texans HC job wouldn’t that be something if they hired him lol 

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Josh McCown interviewed for the Texans HC job wouldn’t that be something if they hired him lol 

He should be our QB coach,but as usual,I know nothing

11 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Looks really good for what we paid lol

What is funny about this?????

10 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yes, I wasn’t a fan of the move outside. He looked to be our best corner other than Slay though. That part was hard to argue against.

I didn't like it either. I think most fans recognised that he was going to struggle on the outside and I really don't understand why Schwartz kept him out there. 

10 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think his speed and ferociousness make for a good FS. He can really cover some ground back there. He likes to bring the wood despite his size. I think FS are much harder to attack his height on.

Couldn't agree more Ham. I feel Maddox has the heart of a lion and is best fitted in centerfield. 

3 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Couldn't agree more Ham. I feel Maddox has the heart of a lion and is best fitted in centerfield. 

Agreed. Let him get in there and get amongst plays. Let him get across to help others out. I think that would really put him in a position to succeed. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. Let him get in there and get amongst plays. Let him get across to help others out. I think that would really put him in a position to succeed. 

Really hoping the next DC is a coach that puts players in a position to succeed rather than saying don't do as I do, do as I say. 

13 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

It’s possible I don’t know think we would want the highest amount of value possible. Not sure I see a huge difference from say 21 and 33 though 

The difference is roughly the equivalent of a mid-to-high 3rd rd pick.  There may not be a big difference in the level of players available to us between those picks (then again, it could mean the difference in landing someone like Samuel Jr and not) but the value could be in using it as a trade chip.  Obviously pick 21 carries a lot more value than 33.  

13 hours ago, jsb235 said:

He has a really cheap deal, and he may get a chance to compete for a job in training camp. But I wouldn't count on him.

Here are the details.

Eagles and Marquise Goodwin agree to 1-year, $1.35 million deal (usatoday.com)

As far as the slot, JJAW and Fulgham could both play there and probably be pretty good. Hightower doesn't seem to have the route running or strength to play there. I view him strictly as a backup z right now.

OTC shows a cap number of $4.28M for Goodwin in 2021 (if cut we see that amount in cap relief ... i.e. no dead money).  

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/philadelphia-eagles/

If he does indeed carry a cap hit of $4.28M you can bet he'll be cut.  

Goodwin.PNG

5 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

@Trini How's your YT gig coming along?

Lots of work to building a brand. I have had to kick my own butt not pressing forward as hard as I could. Frankly, I spoiled myself last several years. I have been enjoying my retirement Tooooo much. Finding the right people to lead my campaigns has been the biggest challenge. I want honest people with integrity, Leaders...Trying to discern misinformation from outright lies while building a stringent authentication process continues to be a work in process. We, as a people have really changed. People are just NOT honest or straightforward as I deluded myself to believe. I personally can't stand lairs...

Maybe it is my generation. It is a daily uphill battle changing minds while trying to get people to " Unite for OUR Common Interests" . Unfortunately there just not enough FL/NC types around.  People IMO that will " Fiercely" keep it real. Hehehehehe...Lol . People that will disagree with you lol . You May not change their mind.BUT their willingness to disagree and have that conversation, is a great start.

I have not gone public yet still finalizing structure KPI's etc Know I will reach out to this crew as things get regimented. I truly value the knowledge and perspective of my Eagle crew here. And not just for football but life, Respect. Thanks for asking bro.

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

OTC shows a cap number of $4.28M for Goodwin in 2021 (if cut we see that amount in cap relief ... i.e. no dead money).  

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/philadelphia-eagles/

If he does indeed carry a cap hit of $4.28M you can bet he'll be cut.  

Goodwin.PNG

He restructured before the season, OTC hasn't updated its number for him.

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

The difference is roughly the equivalent of a mid-to-high 3rd rd pick.  There may not be a big difference in the level of players available to us between those picks (then again, it could mean the difference in landing someone like Samuel Jr and not) but the value could be in using it as a trade chip.  Obviously pick 21 carries a lot more value than 33.  

All that stuff is obvious but again if I got offered 33 for Hurts and no first I’d take it was my point. Of course the first slightly more valuable and would rather get a 1st. 

37 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

He restructured before the season, OTC hasn't updated its number for him.

Ahhhh, thanks.  

Another team that could be interested in Hurts the Saints.

Brees is retiring

Hill is 31-32 already 

Don’t think Winston is the guy 

Letting Hurts go right now would be a big mistake imo. If it's too much for Wentz's ego, so be it. I watch a lot of Forged in Fire and yes - iron strengthens iron. Sure Hurts could get us a high draft pick, but why now? How much value would he lose in a yr? We have no idea which Wentz will show up and Hurts looks like a really good developmental player. Let's see what we have, battle it out in camp and the best man wins. If either one can't handle the competition, they don't deserve to be an NFL QB. You simply can't run a team worrying about hurting their feelings. Even Lurie will be able to see what's best for the team by then - at least he should. Some people find it harder than others to admit they've made a mistake.

5 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Letting Hurts go right now would be a big mistake imo. If it's too much for Wentz's ego, so be it. I watch a lot of Forged in Fire and yes - iron strengthens iron. Sure Hurts could get us a high draft pick, but why now? How much value would he lose in a yr? We have no idea which Wentz will show up and Hurts looks like a really good developmental player. Let's see what we have, battle it out in camp and the best man wins. If either one can't handle the competition, they don't deserve to be an NFL QB. You simply can't run a team worrying about hurting their feelings. Even Lurie will be able to see what's best for the team by then - at least he should. Some people find it harder than others to admit they've made a mistake.

I’m not saying we will or we won’t I just like to look into all possible scenarios 

Agree BG. While wondering who's going to start we also have to look at b/u and the future. With Hurts looking like he has a good future, if Wentz doesn't work out we don't have to look far. If Wentz does come around, Hurts makes a good b/u with trade value once we have a replacement on board - something that can be put off for yrs, allowing us to use picks we'd spend on QB's for other positions.

7 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

While wondering who's going to start we also have to look at b/u and the future.

I don’t value the backup QB as much as most I will say this for sure. If I can trade my backup QB for a high pick that could better help my team in an area that can actually start I’d take it. 

now Philly doesn’t have to be in a rush to move Hurts don’t have to move him at all. We can definitely wait till after camp or mid season whatever.

Not concerned w/ b/u QB w/ our injury history? Even w/o the injury history, would always be having a QB competition. Competition at every position is optimum. Hardly ever feasible, makes for a better team, better trade values.

Have to finish drilling more procelain, wish me luck or listen for the screams!

16 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Not concerned w/ b/u QB w/ our injury history? Even w/o the injury history, would always be having a QB competition. Competition at every position is optimum. Hardly ever feasible, makes for a better team, better trade values.

Have to finish drilling more procelain, wish me luck or listen for the screams!

I don’t do thing based on fear of injuries and our QBs have been healthy last two years.

ad for competition the best QBs I can’t tell you who there backups were majority of there careers. Rodgers couldn’t tell you who his backup was last year only reason I know who it is this year is because they drafted him round 1 

Brady most his career no clue who his backup was hell I don’t know who his backup is now in TB.

Peyton Manning couldn’t have told you who his backups were in Indy

Now I get the reserves about trading Hurts now with our QB situation and hence why I can see it going either way and/or waiting to see how it plays out with Wentz v Hurts...

But on the whole yea I don’t value the backup as highly as most 

Archived