Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Duce reportedly drawing interest from the bears for a role on Nagys staff.... Doesn’t say OC though... Be interesting one to watch 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, time2rock said:

OTC shows a cap number of $4.28M for Goodwin in 2021 (if cut we see that amount in cap relief ... i.e. no dead money).  

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/philadelphia-eagles/

If he does indeed carry a cap hit of $4.28M you can bet he'll be cut.  

Goodwin.PNG

Since the contract was basically put on hold for a weekly sum paid by us, wouldn't that cap hit come NEXT year(2022)?

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Letting Hurts go right now would be a big mistake imo. If it's too much for Wentz's ego, so be it. I watch a lot of Forged in Fire and yes - iron strengthens iron. Sure Hurts could get us a high draft pick, but why now? How much value would he lose in a yr? We have no idea which Wentz will show up and Hurts looks like a really good developmental player. Let's see what we have, battle it out in camp and the best man wins. If either one can't handle the competition, they don't deserve to be an NFL QB. You simply can't run a team worrying about hurting their feelings. Even Lurie will be able to see what's best for the team by then - at least he should. Some people find it harder than others to admit they've made a mistake.

Yeah, so if we traded Hurts, Suds is out #2? YIKES. So what do you do with that pick, turn around and get another QB? or go out and pay a legit #2? Doesn't make sense to me

18 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yeah, so if we traded Hurts, Suds is out #2? YIKES. So what do you do with that pick, turn around and get another QB? or go out and pay a legit #2? Doesn't make sense to me

Yeah no way can I see them trading Hurts this off season. If their plan is to fix Wentz then ok so be it. But after the year Wentz just had they need a back up plan and that's partly why they drafted Hurts. 

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Duce reportedly drawing interest from the bears for a role on Nagys staff.... Doesn’t say OC though... Be interesting one to watch 

Makes you think...what do they know about the situation we don’t? 

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Makes you think...what do they know about the situation we don’t? 

I did see a crazy staff layout for Siri would be something if it played out remotely to something like that.

had Jim Caldwell as OC

QB coach- Mike McCoy 

RB coach asst. HC- Anthony Lynn

OL- Stout remains. 

IF TB beats GB, the SB will then be a HOME game lol

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IF TB beats GB, the SB will then be a HOME game lol

2 years in a row the SB has been in Florida?

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah no way can I see them trading Hurts this off season. If their plan is to fix Wentz then ok so be it. But after the year Wentz just had they need a back up plan and that's partly why they drafted Hurts. 

I'm still wanting us to grab Zac Thomas. I assume we still like the kid(reports early on that we had our eye on him) Appalachian st. not really a powerhouse, so as a UDFA I would take him and show Suds the door. IMO he is a camp arm that could easily turn into a decent QB

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

2 years in a row the SB has been in Florida?

I just scouted the schedule,it appears it is in Tampa again(maybe a covid thing since FL is OPEN)

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I just scouted the schedule,it appears it is in Tampa again(maybe a covid thing since FL is OPEN)

It was Miami last year bud. 

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It was Miami last year bud. 

it's in Tampa this year,so yep BTB in Florida

I would be fine snagging this guy as a UDFA. You can see in one shot where he throws it 50+ yards in the air without too much effort

A future QB to keep your eye on is Desmond Ridder from Cincy

Taking (I think it was Hams advice) and playing with my mock and trying a round 5 RB vs the round 3 I have now. I have replaced Gainwell in round 3 with Nasirildeen-S- FL St.so looking at RB's in 5. So far my pick is Kylin Hill. Seems his best role is as a RBBC #2,which is what we need. He's not fast, but he can pound and only 1 fumble in his career at Miss St. Good blocker and pass catcher also. This will also change my round 6 pick(Tariq Thompson)

I'm not really good scouting LB's. Is this kid worth a round 2 pick? He looks good IMO playing some of the better college teams

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Justin Peele joined the Falcons staff was our TE coach since 2015 

Tough loss

39 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I'm not really good scouting LB's. Is this kid worth a round 2 pick? He looks good IMO playing some of the better college teams

Probably a first rounder

37 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Not that it matter now I guess lol

I thought Daboll said he wasn’t interested in us

New(IDK if it's improved) mocker 1) Smith-WR-bama  2)Koramoah-OLB-ND  3)Stokes-CB-Georgia 5)Kylin Hill-RB-miss. St  5)Bobby Brown DL3T-Georgia  6)Sadarius Hutcherson-OG-S. Carolina 7) Jordan Smith-egde-UAB

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Probably a first rounder

I thought Daboll said he wasn’t interested in us

I’ve seen both reports hence why I posted this one. Guess only people that know are Daboll and the FOs of both organizations 

Saying Eagles are giving Fipp permission to explore options... This also seems to contradict a report that said we blocked the Lions from interviewing him 

7 hours ago, Trini said:

Lots of work to building a brand. I have had to kick my own butt not pressing forward as hard as I could. Frankly, I spoiled myself last several years. I have been enjoying my retirement Tooooo much. Finding the right people to lead my campaigns has been the biggest challenge. I want honest people with integrity, Leaders...Trying to discern misinformation from outright lies while building a stringent authentication process continues to be a work in process. We, as a people have really changed. People are just NOT honest or straightforward as I deluded myself to believe. I personally can't stand lairs...

Maybe it is my generation. It is a daily uphill battle changing minds while trying to get people to " Unite for OUR Common Interests" . Unfortunately there just not enough FL/NC types around.  People IMO that will " Fiercely" keep it real. Hehehehehe...Lol . People that will disagree with you lol . You May not change their mind.BUT their willingness to disagree and have that conversation, is a great start.

I have not gone public yet still finalizing structure KPI's etc Know I will reach out to this crew as things get regimented. I truly value the knowledge and perspective of my Eagle crew here. And not just for football but life, Respect. Thanks for asking bro.

Yes, society is way different than it used to be. Cool, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss your premier. Good luck brother!

Archived