cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Especially your mocks!  

I know how much you miss them. It had to be a rough time away HAHAHAHAHA

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

We need to hit on all these prime picks. 2013 style... Lane, Ertz and Logan type of haul early on.  I don't really care about position,  we need all of them.  

I feel like a great move would be a trade down to 8 or 9, thinking that team trades up for a QB, and we probably take the same player anyway. 

IDK, doubt Smith would last. I think an elite WR (or that potential) is too good to pass on. I wouldn't mind using some 6 picks to somehow get into round 4. Won't matter much who we get if Wentz is crying and having tantrums every day

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m having a hard time with ranking a corner in the top six. Could only do it in a trade back scenario

I got mine(CB) now in round 3. Stokes plays "the other side" opposite Campbell, so really I doubt there is a vast difference between them,so I will give up Campbell in 2 for Stokes in 3

IDK we have Reagor, adding Smith would be a great way to gear up your WR corps. Alot of our guys have more learning to do, but if we are in re-build mode, may as well get the best building blocks you can. Seeing now alot more LB's moving up boards, so taking 1 in round 1(aka Parsons) seems to be less of a priority. I'm seeing good ones in 2,3

Been reading up on Siri. Seems he likes to get the ball out fast to the playmakers and let them make the plays, so a lot of short game. Some also say he'll want a bruiser RB - finally! Now to see if either of these QB's can lead their receivers w/o looking them down. Hate seeing receivers have to stop and wait for the ball - not going to get YAC that way. We avg'd only 4.4 yac/r last yr 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/advanced.htm

Combiner Wars Rodimus Reactions? : transformers

13 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Been reading up on Siri. Seems he likes to get the ball out fast to the playmakers and let them make the plays, so a lot of short game. Some also say he'll want a bruiser RB - finally! Now to see if either of these QB's can lead their receivers w/o looking them down. Hate seeing receivers have to stop and wait for the ball - not going to get YAC that way. We avg'd only 4.4 yac/r last yr 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/advanced.htm

Combiner Wars Rodimus Reactions? : transformers

I read that something the Colts did was have meeting with OL,TE,RBs about protections and getting guys all on the same page. One of the reasons they have been so good as pass protection throughout Riech/Siri tenure there. 

Added on that Reich and Siri like to get the ball out fast. Also read that Siri actually likes to coach to player strengths over trying to force guys into a specific system/role 

As for the bruiser i can give or take it I just want to see us utilize the ground game actually use Sanders dude is a stud 

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

What's up GB!  Been off for a while.  Looks like 150 pages...lol.  A lot has happened here with the Eagles.   Looking forward to getting back in some football conversation soon.   Especially your mocks!  

WB Joe ...

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Punter

Hahahaha...why am I not surprised.

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m having a hard time with ranking a corner in the top six. Could only do it in a trade back scenario

WR specifically Smith is the guy...I would take the trade back option if we could get Smith and pick up an extra pick.

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK, doubt Smith would last. I think an elite WR (or that potential) is too good to pass on. I wouldn't mind using some 6 picks to somehow get into round 4. Won't matter much who we get if Wentz is crying and having tantrums every day

Everybody selling the coaching hire is about Carson if that is the case We go Offense,. Chase has been off for a year . Smith has to be the choice as #1 WR threat.. Don't see us trading up for a WR. Only way we trade up is for a QB that would mean the end of Wentz in Philly.

2 hours ago, Trini said:

Everybody selling the coaching hire is about Carson if that is the case We go Offense,. Chase has been off for a year . Smith has to be the choice as #1 WR threat.. Don't see us trading up for a WR. Only way we trade up is for a QB that would mean the end of Wentz in Philly.

Who REALLY knows what Wentz' & Eagles' future holds? Feelin' to me it's gonna be an "As the World Turns" scenario right up to the draft. All through the media the writers will be tossing their opinions in the hat and at the same time Eagles' FO will throw smoke bombs to try and keep everyone disoriented. 

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I know how much you miss them. It had to be a rough time away HAHAHAHAHA

Got swamped with work, had a Covid situation to deal with, holidays etc, and trying not to think about the crapshow that was the Eagles.   Bring in a paisan coach and things are looking up...lol.  Offseason needs to be a boring foundation type this year.  Hire some good coaches and draft well.  I want to see some fits for the scheme, things we have missed.  The RB that can pass block and add to the group as far as carries... so we can run more.  The TE that can block, so we can use a nice combo with Goedert.  Wouldn;t mind keeping Ertz if he was cheaper, but think it's time to move on to a more physical type.   These little things I think are important to adding to our offense.  On top of the splash picks etc.   

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

BTW, I have had thoughts for a while that the big issue for Wentz is not believing in Doug.  My personal feeling, decent head coach, not so much an offensive mind.  For the QB, he needs to have an offensive mind to work with every day and to put the game plan, system and play calls in place.   Seeing Hurts come in and put up less points than Wentz did and how it was all done.  With both of the QBs, and Hurts is easier to see due to less games.... you can look at the scoring... long run, long pass, screen where the defense missed tackles, punt return ...etc.  Then you look at drives, without Hurts legs there wasn't much.   That was my issue all year, people complaining about " hero ball"  when BOTH QBs needed to do it to produce points.  Because the system, scheme, game plan, play calls... whatever you want to label it... was piss poor from Doug.   Siri may not be as good of a head coach, but I think instantly he installs a better system for the offense.  Should benefit BOTH QBS.       Now, if it turns out that Doug was truly the issue with his scheme/game plans/play calls...etc.   Then maybe Wentz was ahead of the curve in figuring it out.    IDK, maybe the fact he passed 50 times his first game back from injury 3 years ago was a sign?   WE could see the change without Reich's influence.  Much more of the old west coast short passing game, less running etc.  Not good fit for Wentz.   Until Hurts was put in, I wasn't sure if it was just a bad mix (Doug & Wentz without Reich) but seeing that Doug didn't really do much to help Hurts either, I'm thinking Wentz might have figured out the issue sooner than the rest of us.   Take Doug out of the mix, maybe the narrative changes now?   Can't run an offense if the QB doesn't believe in what his coach is doing.  Lets be honest, nobody else on our offense this year had enough experience or clout to think negatively about Doug, they were just happy to be on an NFL team.  Really only Wentz and Kelce this year... so I take all " reports" with a a grain of salt... especially thinking it's coming from " sources"  trying to make Doug look good.  

As for the first pick.   If we slip back to 8 or 9.  I doubt Carolina or Denver trade up without the idea of leapfrogging Detroit for a QB.  If I was Howie ... communication with Detroit is essential.  My ideal situation is a trade down to 7 with Detroit.  The motivation for them is is to prevent another team from stealing their QB.  Then we get our guy anyway at 7.  But my hope is Detroit offers a significant amount to hold the spot for them.    But lets say Denver trades up to 6 for the QB.  Do you think Detroit or Carolina go WR if that's the guy you are worried about losing?  IDK? 

I think you got it all backwardsNo Mas. Pedey wasn’t making Wentz hold on to the ball. He wasn’t forcing him to stare down receivers. I will obviously have to admit it was allPederson’s fault that Wentz was throwing such inaccurate passes, not. You can’t say even it was all Pederson’s playcalling at fault....Carson was killing his plays. When you see a open receiver but Carson threw it straight to the defender instead....I don’t think d@mn the coach. 
     How much blame can you put on Pedey anyway? He wanted certain coaches but the FO forced him to fire them and use other choices. They are picking the players. When Doug says his voice should be the only one in the QB room...Carson goes crying straight to Rosie and Lurie. They watch film in the QB meetings and the coach asks "why didn’t you hit the open receiver that was your first read?” Carson won’t accept blame or makes weak excuses. This FO set the QB up as the boss of the coaches.

Should we all just ignore that we clearly saw every player step up their game every time a backup QB came in? Or did that having nothing to do with Wentz? All about the HC also.

11 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Saying Detroit will part with Stafford they likely going to want a QB in the draft Fields???

Puts us in a really good spot actually since we pick directly before Detroit.  Teams picking after 7 wanting one of the top QBs will know Detroit is likely to take one and may offer us a ransom out of desperation to move up ahead of them.  

Of coarse No Mas you are the guy that endlessly bagged on AR as the Bronze Standard. He looks terrible at his new location. Surprised he’s kept his job in KC.

12 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Puts us in a really good spot actually since we pick directly before Detroit.  Teams picking after 7 wanting one of the top QBs will know Detroit is likely to take one and may offer us a ransom  out of desperation to move up ahead of them.  

Or bad spot in our need to unload Wentz as Stafford is a better option

30 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Or bad spot in our need to unload Wentz as Stafford is a better option

Yeah that too with regard to teams looking to add a veteran vs taking one in the draft.  

17 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Of coarse No Mas you are the guy that endlessly bagged on AR as the Bronze Standard. He looks terrible at his new location. Surprised he’s kept his job in KC.

I mean he wasn’t essentially wrong AR time here was done it was time for him to get a change of scenery hella of a coach one of the best  and glad he is finding success and won a SB possibly going for two 

9 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I mean he wasn’t essentially wrong AR time here was done it was time for him to get a change of scenery hella of a coach one of the best  and glad he is finding success and won a SB possibly going for two 

Yes his idea of Chip Kelly The Improvement...,was spot on

11 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yes his idea of Chip Kelly The Improvement...,was spot on

I didn’t go that far now lol but did think it was time for AR to move on worked out for the most part for both sides. Both of us did get a SB at least.

I....and most now....realize what a quality coach AR was and is....hint...much higher than Bronze Standard.

54 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Puts us in a really good spot actually since we pick directly before Detroit.  Teams picking after 7 wanting one of the top QBs will know Detroit is likely to take one and may offer us a ransom out of desperation to move up ahead of them.  

This is looking good for the Eagles. My dream scenario is that they trade back with the Panthers and get their third round pick, and come out of the draft with Surtain/Farley/Horn, another CB, an edge rusher and a quality DT/RB/TE in the first 75 picks.

I get that everyone wants a WR. But if you fire the head coach and not the GM, and then you draft a position that the GM has spent a first and second round pick on in the last two drafts, that doesn't make any sense to me. Also, I think we would have won a lot more games last year if we had anyone decent at CB2 rather than a dominant WR, because we went through a stretch where Fulgham was one of the best WRs in football, and we were still losing. 

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I....and most now....realize what a quality coach AR was and is....hint...much higher than Bronze Standard.

Don’t think anyone doubted his ability as a coach(can only really speak for myself) but I not sure he ever gets over the hump if he stayed in Philly. Like i stated thought it was a time for change for both sides 

2 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

I get that everyone wants a WR.

I’m with you I’m more of the Parsons/CB(in 2)/DL right now but I’m definitely D focused in this draft. Also wouldn’t complain if we went CB in round 1.

Honestly wouldn’t mind double dipping at CB either slay is over 30 and I prefer Maddox as a S anyway. So if we could get a guy that can play the slot and move outside in a couple years would be nice as well.

Also interested to see just how much of a difference a change of scheme will have on our CBS and secondary as a whole. 

kind of hard to ignore all the success some Of our former CBS have had after we parted with them.

Archived