Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I have stated numerous times I like Maddox at S think he could also be that 3rd S though not sure that will be as huge a role in a new D scheme 

I think his speed and ferociousness make for a good FS. He can really cover some ground back there. He likes to bring the wood despite his size. I think FS are much harder to attack his height on.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

I think his speed and ferociousness make for a good FS. He can really cover some ground back there. He likes to bring the wood despite his size. I think FS are much harder to attack his height on.

Agreed! I liked him at Safety and I think he can operate at times, when needed, in the slot. But as an outside corner? No thanks. 

I believe Siri was the choice so the FO can maintain complete control. What assistants a HC will bring on is always discussed in the interview. So that’s part of the hiring process. So we can assume that was agreed upon...loosely at least.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed! I liked him at Safety and I think he can operate at times, when needed, in the slot. But as an outside corner? No thanks. 

Yes, I wasn’t a fan of the move outside. He looked to be our best corner other than Slay though. That part was hard to argue against.

1 hour ago, stine said:

It will be interesting to see how much say, if any, Siri has in this upcoming draft. I am sure he would love a WR and interior line depth. Maybe a CB, LB and RB?

I honestly think they can draft practically any position ... we have needs everywhere.  Including QB for a #3 but I wouldn't take one before round 4.  I've always thought you can find good interior OL and RB in the mid to later rounds.  If we went WR, CB, and S on days 1 and 2, I can easily see us addressing OL, LB, and RB on day 3.  

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

If we went WR, CB, and S on days 1 and 2, I can easily see us addressing OL, LB, and RB on day 3.  

I want DL early especially depending on Barnett.... The unit as a whole is old.  Cb is obvious as well we need a #2(that can hopefully become a 1).

2 hours ago, stine said:

Good read indeed.  Nice to hear he is creative and was heavily involved in game planning, planning the pass protections, and especially the point regarding winning  matchups with good route combinations rather than having to rely on skill players (we really need that here with the group we have).  

Regarding the 3rd point, I think one of the biggest obstacles to unlocking Wentz's MVP potential is to make sure Wentz doesn't continue to go rogue and call out of plays at the rate he reportedly did (out of spite).  He needs to be much more of a team player and more coachable.  

On Gannon, if he truly is a good developer of CBs and safeties, then he would be most welcome here.

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Smith,Campbell, Gainwell. I need a RB that can make a difference,not more guys for the PS

I don't see Mitchell as just another guy for the PS lol

57 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I believe Siri was the choice so the FO can maintain complete control. What assistants a HC will bring on is always discussed in the interview. So that’s part of the hiring process. So we can assume that was agreed upon...loosely at least.

Exactly

47 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I am still looking. I need to pick my annual UDFA RB LOL,but I would REALLY like to get a RB with upside. Maybe he needs polished(whomever you choose), but I need the talent to be there. Gainwell fits that bill for me if I have to wait until round 3.By round 5 you are looking more at additional BU's and I feel we have enough of those types. Prefer to be in a position where I could go 1 or 2, but we need too much to do that. Once the staff in in place, maybe we will hear about which direction they plan on going, which could alter my mock a bit. like the rest of us,I would like 5 round 1 picks lol

51 minutes ago, time2rock said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/elijah-mitchell/DDH5khQMED    Not knocking the kid, but lets face it, he wasn't in a powerhouse league. Numbers look ok, but vs less than stellar teams. I would be ok picking him up, but I wouldn't be expecting alot and in round 5 I should NOT be expecting alot

58 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I want DL early especially depending on Barnett.... The unit as a whole is old.  Cb is obvious as well we need a #2(that can hopefully become a 1).

This draft has a lot of really good CB and DE prospects. I will be bitterly disappointed if we don't grab one of each in the first three rounds. And if I was running the team, I would trade back from 6 and grab one of the top three CB prospects in the first round, and then figure out how to get two second round picks and grab another CB and  a DE. 

Just now, jsb235 said:

and then figure out how to get two second round picks and grab another CB and  a DE. 

People won’t like it but trading Hurts is something that could be on the table could possibly snag a 2nd 

Ertz/Barnett some other options 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-draft-scouting-report--rb-kenneth-gainwell This is what I was looking for A guy with tremendous upside who isn't there yet(read the ideal part). He is rough but behind Sanders he has time,so his production is only limited to by how fast he catches on. Round 3 mid-late is fairly accurate in my view(maybe early 4,but we don't have a 4)

4 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

People won’t like it but trading Hurts is something that could be on the table could possibly snag a 2nd 

Ertz/Barnett some other options 

I think they would want more than a second for Hurts. If they could flip him to the Colts for pick 21, that would be ideal. I think he would fit into their offense right away.

6 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

This draft has a lot of really good CB and DE prospects. I will be bitterly disappointed if we don't grab one of each in the first three rounds. And if I was running the team, I would trade back from 6 and grab one of the top three CB prospects in the first round, and then figure out how to get two second round picks and grab another CB and  a DE. 

We need a top WR prospect to pair with Reagor IMO. I am not passing on Smith at 6. Sure we need help on D, we always do, but we need an O that can put up points.  I DO like Campbell (CB) in round 2. I am also leaning towards a DT more than a DE. I am mixed on my 3 pick.We could use a RB,but we could go another way

2 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

I think they would want more than a second for Hurts. If they could flip him to the Colts for pick 21, that would be ideal. I think he would fit into their offense right away.

Who is your #2 then Suds? No thanks. At 21 they could get Trask or someone similar without trading

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

We need a top WR prospect to pair with Reagor IMO. I am not passing on Smith at 6.

I think Smith goes to the Dolphins. But if he's there, I agree they should take him.

I am not sold on Chase, and think Fulgham has a lot of the same attributes, namely that a lot of his catches came from outmuscling corners. So if Smith is off the board, I would trade back and grab a corner in the first.

3 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

I think Smith goes to the Dolphins. But if he's there, I agree they should take him.

I am not sold on Chase, and think Fulgham has a lot of the same attributes, namely that a lot of his catches came from outmuscling corners. So if Smith is off the board, I would trade back and grab a corner in the first.

Agreed, but if I am the Fins I take Sewell, thats a hard guy to pass on if they want to keep Tua upright

I have QB,QB, Sewell, Parsons then Paye at 3,4,5 which should set up Smith for us. If ATL snags Smith, then IDK if we can pass on Parsons cause you know 'we don't take LB's).; At that point I would look at a SMALL trade back and maybe still get a guy like Surtain at CB

As Ham mentioned S could a rub spot for us. I put up Tariq, he could work,but I have him in 6,not sure he lasts that long. I want to see how the staff comes together. That could indicate what direction we go in. I also don't want Wentz if he is a jerk. He seemed fine with Foles as a BU, but Hurts possibly got to him and I really need to hear from Wentz about this. Was the concuss irreparable damage? Did someone ruin him, or did he ruin himself with his attitude? We can lose Suds yesterday too. Tons of questions and few answers

22 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

It’s possible I don’t know think we would want the highest amount of value possible. Not sure I see a huge difference from say 21 and 33 though 

21 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

I know we have Jjaw, not sold on him(yet, maybe never) so wondering how Fulgham or Hightower would do in the slot if we got Smith paired with Reagor out -Thoughts?

Also what do we do with Goodwin,we can have him back on the contract he signed last year(covid opt out). IDK if the contract just renews or if we have the option to not pick it up. Does anyone know?

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Also what do we do with Goodwin,we can have him back on the contract he signed last year(covid opt out). IDK if the contract just renews or if we have the option to not pick it up. Does anyone know?

He has a really cheap deal, and he may get a chance to compete for a job in training camp. But I wouldn't count on him.

Here are the details.

Eagles and Marquise Goodwin agree to 1-year, $1.35 million deal (usatoday.com)

As far as the slot, JJAW and Fulgham could both play there and probably be pretty good. Hightower doesn't seem to have the route running or strength to play there. I view him strictly as a backup z right now.

Archived