Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Just now, jsb235 said:

I don't think comparing a sixth round qb in Minshew is the same as a second round qb in Hurts. I think Hurts is much closer to Cousins/Prescott than he is to Sudfeld/Minshew. And I think we saw that when Sudfeld came in against the WFT.

That 6th round rookie played far superior to that 2nd rounder in game actions as rookies 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bleedinggreen93 said:

And other players will come off the books and contracts will be redone extended etc. again it’s a 2022 projected cap the point is the Eagles will have money to play with in 2022 

Yeah, but not a lot. The contracts coming off the books (Ertz, Kelce, Brooks, Jeffery, Jackson) will give us $90 million in space. Then you have $30 million in dead cap (if you release Brooks), money for Graham and Barnett, new deals for the players I mentioned. So it's not like they will be swimming in money. But it will be better than this year.  

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

That 6th round rookie played far superior to that 2nd rounder in game actions as rookies 

Sudfeld played better than Hurts? Because that's the sixth rounder who played in the exact same conditions as Hurts.

Minshew and Sudfeld are probably about the same talent wise.  

So give Hurts a chance, maybe we pick at 1 next year, but we'd have Pitts and a slew of decent young guys

12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Enough to get Wilson in '22 if Hurts can't get it done(but now we have some semblance of a supporting cast)

Only problem is Wilson has a no trade clause built into his contract and reportedly would only have interest on playing for Dallas, Oakland, NO, and one other team (can’t recall off top of my head the 4th ... Chicago maybe?).

5 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Yeah, but not a lot. The contracts coming off the books (Ertz, Kelce, Brooks, Jeffery, Jackson) will give us $90 million in space. Then you have $30 million in dead cap (if you release Brooks), money for Graham and Barnett, new deals for the players I mentioned. So it's not like they will be swimming in money. But it will be better than this year.  

Hard to get any worse than this year.  :lol:

5 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

But no guarantee Graham get a new deal or what we do with Barnett. Can’t even say we release Brooks could extend opening money.

So many things can happen but a project cap of 90m as you say sing a bad start 

Also if you extend Graham image his cap hit goes down massively opening more room to spend not hindering us. What Graham cap hit at now like 17m or something 

Just now, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Also if you extend Graham image his cap hit goes down massively opening more room to spend not hindering us. What Graham cap hit at now like 17m or something 

Yup, I think they have to extend Graham now to avoid that cap hit. But it means we will have to pay him a decent chunk of change next year.

3 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Yup, I think they have to extend Graham now to avoid that cap hit. But it means we will have to pay him a decent chunk of change next year.

Depends how they extend him and for how long but again image that cap hit is already lower then what it would be which is what 12m-13m next year don’t we see that number change much if any 

27 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

So 50m in cap give or take is still a good chunk and that likely will grow with other moves being made 

Correct.  I don’t think they can cut or trade anyone else and use post June 1 designation, I think they are limited to 2.  But they’ll probably restructure a few vets to get under 2021 cap which will cause larger cap hits for them in 2022 and beyond so will end up being less than $50M.  But still a helluva lot better than 2021.

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Correct.  I don’t think they can cut or trade anyone else and use post June 1 designation, I think they are limited to 2.  But they’ll probably restructure a few vets to get under 2021 cap which will cause larger cap hits for them in 2022 and beyond so will end up being less than $50M.  But still a helluva lot better than 2021.

I’ll say it will be higher then 50m because they will redo guys Cox/Graham/Slay come to mind Brooks/Lane also image they will aim to lower the cap hits... It’s also not knowing how much cap will increase if any next year way to many unknown variables but point stands we will have cap to spend to help the roster in 22 

13 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I’ll say it will be higher then 50m because they will redo guys Cox/Graham/Slay come to mind Brooks/Lane also image they will aim to lower the cap hits... It’s also not knowing how much cap will increase if any next year way to many unknown variables but point stands we will have cap to spend to help the roster in 22 

I wouldn't touch Brooks' contract. They have decent options with Herbig/Driscoll and they can get out of it pretty cheap after this season. Cox. Graham, Slay and Lane are all candidates for restructures or extensions. This is the last year of Graham's deal, so it makes sense to keep him here for two more years.

47 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Only problem is Wilson has a no trade clause built into his contract and reportedly would only have interest on playing for Dallas, Oakland, NO, and one other team (can’t recall off top of my head the 4th ... Chicago maybe?).

Yeah those are the 4.IDK why Chicago though LOL

32 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

When is Sanders contract up?

51 minutes ago, time2rock said:

That's why this year I am trying to get on that list lol. He will be a FA after and if we wanted any shot at him,we better pick up the supporting cast around here

So we have Sanders 2 more years. I suppose a restructure is out this year, so it will be important how he preforms this year. Our team was so bad we have no clue what we have lol

21 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yeah those are the 4.IDK why Chicago though LOL

Right?  Reminds me of the "which one doesn’t belong” watched on Sesame Street as a kid.  

49 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Right?  Reminds me of the "which one doesn’t belong” watched on Sesame Street as a kid.  

Yeah I was SMH, maybe he has family there lol

Just the messenger. Here is the COMPOSITE big board( the top 19 sites) projections at QB   Lawrence -pick 1 to the Jags, Wilson, pick 2 to the Jets, Fields,pick 4 to Atl(surprised?) Lance-pick 8 to Carolina, Jones pick 20- to Washington . I cannot argue much with this

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Just the messenger. Here is the COMPOSITE big board( the top 19 sites) projections at QB   Lawrence -pick 1 to the Jags, Wilson, pick 2 to the Jets, Fields,pick 4 to Atl(surprised?) Lance-pick 8 to Carolina, Jones pick 20- to Washington . I cannot argue much with this

BTW Trask is the first QB that is NOT projected to go to any one team FWIW

An interesting stat about Hurts.

PFF on Twitter: "46% of Jalen Hurts' passing attempts were thrown 10+ yards Highest rate in the NFL 🚀 https://t.co/XjyxwG2Yp0" / Twitter

PFF also ranked the top 200 free agents.

NFL Free Agent Rankings | PFF

It's pretty interesting. Mills is 176. Hooker is 69 (no jokes please.) Witherspoon, who I think makes a ton of sense here, is 119.

One thing to note is that Reddick is 89 and McKinley is 95, and they were drafted right before and shortly after Barnett. Both guys have disappointed, but Reddick had a big year and McKinley, while considered to be a bust, does have 17.5 career sacks and is coming off an injury. His 2019 season isn't that different from Barnett's, so he could be a possible cheap guy we can bring in if Barnett gets too expensive.

34 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Hooker is 69 (no jokes please.)

Aww……C'mon man! :lol:

22 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Aww……C'mon man! :lol:

My real name is B.J. Tittsengolf 🤣

Archived