Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

This is what Joe was talking about. He wants Howie to screw up bad enough that Lurie will fire him

3 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

A look at Fields.

Eagles 2021 draft prospect review: Ohio State QB Justin Fields | PhillyVoice

I think he goes in the top 4, but if he falls I would take him, or I would consider trading up for him at 4, but not pay much.

I think he goes to Atl

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would be awesome is, if Pitts went to Dullaz or the gnats. 🙄

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

What would be awesome is, if Pitts went to Dullaz or the gnats. 🙄

If you want to get ahead of the boys picks you’d take a corner. They pretty much have to take a corner first.

18 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Not everything is about what I want. I’d say Rosie is doing major homework on these QBs. If a guy like Wilson can be had by trading up to two and they think he’s Franchise material ....you have to do it. Six to two.....what would it take? The Colts pick this year and a third next year? I think the steeper the price gets over that it really becomes hard to swing.

IMO this is a BAD YEAR to be "guessing" on QB's. It's hard enough under normal conditions. Now you get ONE look on pro day. No combine and while you can review college film for months,you're going to see the same re-runs,so for me if It's not Lawrence,I would be skeptical giving up draft captial

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If you want to get ahead of the boys picks you’d take a corner. They pretty much have to take a corner first.

Cool, let that guy cover Pitts(GL with that). even if we take one won't matter,you have Surtain OR Farley,so they would get one of those anyway(aka,that plan fails)

13 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Not everything is about what I want. I’d say Rosie is doing major homework on these QBs. If a guy like Wilson can be had by trading up to two and they think he’s Franchise material ....you have to do it. Six to two.....what would it take? The Colts pick this year and a third next year? I think the steeper the price gets over that it really becomes hard to swing.

6 to 2 is two #1 draft picks. So this year's #6 and out next year's #1...  You willing to do that?

So, if Pitts fell to Dullaz they would pass? I dont think they are that stupid. I also think The Lions would love to have this kid

9 minutes ago, stine said:

6 to 2 is two #1 draft picks. So this year's #6 and out next year's #1...  You willing to do that?

I keep arguing Pitts at 6 would be like getting a STUD TE and a STUD WR with 1 pick (like having 2 round 1 picks)

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So, if Pitts fell to Dullaz they would pass? I dont think they are that stupid. I also think The Lions would love to have this kid

They pass on him. They have to take corner. Their worst nightmare is probably Surtain and Farley being gone before their pick.

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

They pass on him. They have to take corner. Their worst nightmare is probably Surtain and Farley being gone before their pick.

Not the end of(their) world. They could then take a STUD WR or there are other CB's worthy. Those aren't the only 2 guys in this draft. And you are wrong,they would jump all over Pitts,take a CB later,but I dont think Pitts would make it past Detroit

JC Horn is chopped liver???

If I am Dullaz I am looking at Pitts, Waddle,Surtain,Farley,Horn or even Rousseau/Paye

My new round 6 pick

Updated mock 1-6-Pitts,  2-38-Oweh-Egde-(Penn st)  3-70-Newsome-CB(Northwestern) 3-85-Browning-LB(Ohio St)  5-134-Shi Smith -WR(S. Carolina)OR Grimes-WR(FL) 5-140-Larry Rountree-RB-(Mizz) 6-165-Wiggins-S (Cincinnatti)  7-198-Tay Gowan-CB(UCF)

My perfect draft scenario:

• 3 QBs go in top 4 (JAX, NYJ, ATL)
  • MIA takes Smith or Parsons
  • CIN takes Sewell
  • That leaves both Chase and Pitts on the board when 6 rolls around.
  • CAR calls and wants to trade up for Lance.  I don't think we get more than their 3rd but I'm taking it.  That way one of either Chase or Pitts is guaranteed to be on the board when we pick at 8 (even if DET takes one - we grab the other and still end up with another top 10 pick in the 3rd).    

BTW, the first 4 picks really need to stick regardless who they are. In the above mock I failed to address the D interior line, so that is an issue. I suppose a FA or some UDFA's for youth injection could fill the gap for now

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

• CIN takes Sewell
  • CAR calls and wants to trade up for Lance.  I don't think we get more than their 3rd but I'm taking it.  That way one of either Chase or Pitts is guaranteed to be on the board when we pick at 8 (even if DET takes one - we grab the other and still end up with another top 10 pick in the 3rd).    

Close to what I have. I think Miami takes Sewell for Tua's backside and Cincy takes Chase for the Burrow connection, so that would leave us with Pitts or the Heisman tophy WR

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

• CIN takes Sewell

In your trade back scenario, the Lions would be foolish to pass on Pitts IMO,so if we did that we're probably looking at Smith or Waddle at 8 or possibly Parsons falls that far

TTR at 8 I would also look at Rousseau. You know Howie loves his pass rushers, so if you had him,Parsons and Smith/Waddle who would you take?

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

In your trade back scenario, the Lions would be foolish to pass on Pitts IMO,so if we did that we're probably looking at Smith or Waddle at 8 or possibly Parsons falls that far

If one of either Chase or Pitts goes before 6 then I am not making that trade with CAR.  

What we need to do is think out of the box. Howie never does what any of us want him to do, so what player are we not talking about that falls to 6? That is who he picks....

So we can **** and complain lol

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

TTR at 8 I would also look at Rousseau. You know Howie loves his pass rushers, so if you had him,Parsons and Smith/Waddle who would you take?

I really want one of either Chase or Pitts, so if one is already gone by 6 I'm staying put and grabbing the other.  

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

If one of either Chase or Pitts goes before 6 then I am not making that trade with CAR.  

Good move. I see cincy taking Chase,which puts Pitts right in our lap(you know Burrow would pull for this) 

1 minute ago, stine said:

What we need to do is think out of the box. Howie never does what any of us want him to do, so what player are we not talking about that falls to 6? That is who he picks....

So we can **** and complain lol

Rousseau LOL

2 minutes ago, stine said:

My guess is a CB.....

Check my last mock, although I failed to address the interior D line

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I really want one of either Chase or Pitts, so if one is already gone by 6 I'm staying put and grabbing the other.  

Either is a good pick, so we can eliminate both HAHAHAHA

Archived