Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

45 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

LOL, was just gonna say, "Watch what you type on this page. We don't need any more curses put on this team." :lol:

We're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED 😬

15 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

AKA Hurts

I thought the same except Fields has an O line

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Be nice if at 38 DT Barmore, LB Bolten and/or Edge Ojilari were the options.

I'm taking Oweh

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

There are plenty of Oline stocked in this draft. At least the first two days of the draft worth of quality options.

Then why do you want one first? Are we getting weapons in here or just **** again?

48 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED 😬

I thought the same except Fields has an O line

To be fair t really believe the Eagles O line is top 3 in the NFL. If they can stay healthy

41 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

To be fair t really believe the Eagles O line is top 3 in the NFL. If they can stay healthy

Yeah,we need to see them and see them sustained. We had 14 different combinations in 16 games lol

16 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Your right we don’t know enough but he isn’t the only player that didn’t have camp or preseason we have 3 rookie WRs that didn’t get that or good QB play but instantly we have to upgrade??? Why don’t they get the same chance. Look I get it Hurts can get better maybe sure so can our young WRs but I’m not neglecting the possibility to upgrade my QB position on a maybe of Hurts.

That's why I like the Pitts Pick, TE is a position of need with ertz gone. Of course HR could shock the world and pick Parsons!  lol I think Our Wr's may be better than all suspect with a healthy Reagor. He is one that did not get a real chance nor TC...

17 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

JJ Watt to AZ

This made me laugh. Watts says he wants to chase a ring. Both GB and Buffalo wanted him. Where does he sign? Well Arizona offered the most cash so I think I will go there! Watson says he wants to play for a contender and Houston is doing nothing to help him. So where does he say he is willing to go? Jets!  These athletes are so full of it.....

10 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

but it is aging, so we should take at least C or G at some point...

39 minutes ago, stine said:

but it is aging, so we should take at least C or G at some point...

If Kelce retires they'll have no choice.

14 hours ago, time2rock said:

If we get Cleveland’s 2nd it’s a no brainer.  Barnett has been good but not great.  4 years in and still waiting for that breakout season.  

Barnett is only twenty four years old though also. If the offer is good enough trade him. The most likely is to extend him instead. Not a great year to be a FA really with the weak cap situation league wide.

4 hours ago, stine said:

This made me laugh. Watts says he wants to chase a ring. Both GB and Buffalo wanted him. Where does he sign? Well Arizona offered the most cash so I think I will go there! Watson says he wants to play for a contender and Houston is doing nothing to help him. So where does he say he is willing to go? Jets!  These athletes are so full of it.....

AZ is farther ahead in the rebuild than we are by FAR. Suspect with this great WR class,they will look for young WR's to replace their aging ones, so maybe Watt saw them as a team could be close to being contenders that and I'm sure the bigger paycheck was no deterrent lol

Looks like  everyone wants out of Houson AND PHILLY

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Barnett is only twenty four years old though also. If the offer is good enough trade him. The most likely is to extend him instead. Not a great year to be a FA really with the weak cap situation league wide.

Agreed.  If we were offered a 2nd I would probably have to make the deal.  But for the record, I do think Howie will extend him ... keeps a young DL in the fold and reduces the 2021 cap hit.  I don't know that Howie would want to part with yet another former 1st rd pick.  

On 3/1/2021 at 11:56 AM, GreenbleedinNC said:

Updated mock 1-6-Pitts,  2-38-Oweh-Egde-(Penn st)  3-70-Newsome-CB(Northwestern) 3-85-Browning-ILB(Ohio St)  5-134-Shi Smith -WR(S. Carolina)OR Grimes-WR(FL) 5-140-Larry Rountree-RB-(Mizz) 6-165-Wiggins-S (Cincinnatti)  7-198-Janaruis Robinson-DL-FL st.      Here are my UDFA pick-ups- Dalman-C-(Stanford), Johnson-DL(Colorado), Brady White-QB-Memphis, Del Fitzpatrick-WR(Louisville) Jermar Jefferson-RB(Oregon St)

13 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Agreed.  If we were offered a 2nd I would probably have to make the deal.  But for the record, I do think Howie will extend him ... keeps a young DL in the fold and reduces the 2021 cap hit.  I don't know that Howie would want to part with yet another former 1st rd pick.  

I'm shopping Barnett and taking Oweh at 38. That solves that problem, and we get an extra pick out of it

Nothing fancy, he just grinds out the yardage. Just the guy I want here

The "new" JJ. 858 rushing yards in 6 games is 143 YPG x 17 games=2,431 rushing yards. Not saying he will get that at the NFL level,still this is HARD to ignore. I bet this guy moves up boards pretty quickly. I would even take him in my mock in round 5 in place of Rountree. I like this kid a TON.  HOWIE are you listening????

On 2/26/2021 at 12:36 PM, time2rock said:

He was at odds with Doug ... Doug was booted.  He still wanted out.  Reportedly he was OK with everyone in the organization except Howie.  Why do you think that is??  Because Howie drafted someone to replace him ... not help him.  So don't buy what is obvious ... your choice.  

I think big picture.... Howie provided the crap that both the former QB and coach had to work with for the last couple of seasons..  The QB was the only pro bowl player since 2013 where it was obvious one of those (Ertz) was on his way out.   Seeing how the GM handled that situation along with Malcolm Jenkins, and looking at: 1. the track record of the draft picks. 2 the physical beating he had to endure playing for this team  3. The direction the team is going.     To me that is enough to want out.  Drafting another QB instead of help is just the icing on the cake for me.

The reason I say this, look around the league at the disgruntled QBs. They take a beating, regardless of their pay.  Why do it if you don't feel you have a chance to play for anything, like not a real chance?   

On 2/26/2021 at 1:56 PM, GreenbleedinNC said:

Ertz for T.Y then draft Pitts HAHAHA. I would do this in a heartbeat

If a player is a free agent, how do you trade for him... lol

An interesting article on the Derek Barnett situation.

The Eagles have a Derek Barnett dilemma | RSN (nbcsports.com)

One thing about his contract is that he can't be traded until the new league year, so if the team wants to use his salary to get under the threshold by the start of the new league year, they have to extend him or release him.

This may turn into a game of chicken where no one blinks. His value is around $7.5 million a year, which in theory makes a new deal easy to work out. But since it hasn't gotten done, my guess is he wants more. His $10 million contract becomes gtd. at the start of the league year, so a new team can't extend him.

The Browns have expressed interest, but I wonder if they want to give up a pick and pay him $10 million, just to risk losing him next year.   

46 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Restructure, sign him to make the deal better ,then trade him

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/1/28/22253929/nfl-trade-rumors-zach-ertz-eagles-2021-nfl-philadelphia-tight-end-free-agency-contract-goedert-bills he is not a FA until the 31st. If teams think we may re-sign him,they could make a trade offer before that???? If are not planning on taking Pitts,then he will be restructured and re-signed IMO. I can't see us moving forward with 1 viable TE

Archived