Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yeah Hurts has PEAKED. After 4 games he can't get better!!! Time to shop that washed up loser

Lmao yup because you know he is the franchise QB after 4 games it goes both ways.

im perfectly fine with a QB round one and letting him compete with Hurts 

Hurts literally showed nothing but avg. play facts 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me if you seen 1000 yards passing 6 tds 4 ints 52% completion you screaming that franchise QB material. 

Get real dude was avg. and we acting like he was so special we should not be strongly looking at the QBs in this class all because he was a 2nd round pick lmao. 

Yet we don’t have that same energy for our 1st round WR, 2nd round WR, 2nd round TE 2nd round RB we want to add get the hell out of here 

9 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Definitely possible I don’t see it but we will find out come April 

If it's same BS draft we've been getting accustomed to I still see a foolish QB pick in 1st Rd. I keep on hoping I'm wrong!

We know the team won't be a true competitor. So why not give Hurts a chance to battle it out in camp with a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I'm 110% in on a BPA draft. 

48 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

No what I think hurts will be is mediocre which is my biggest fear. 

What I don’t get is why fans are so obsessed with Hurts when he has done nothing 

What I don’t get is why do some people think that just because you’d rather spend picks elsewhere and get a better look at Hurts to get a better idea of what exactly he offers means you are obsessed with him?  I’m definitely not convinced Hurts is the guy ... but I’m also not convinced he couldn’t be either.  I don’t get why that is so hard to comprehend.

52 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

What I don’t get is why fans are so obsessed with Hurts when he has done nothing 

Not obsessed at all on my end. Simply feel he's shown enough to earn an opportunity (if he wins in TC) fo a longer look. Plus I'd rather the team wait for a QB till '22 after he has more weapons/better OL protection

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Lmao yup because you know he is the franchise QB after 4 games it goes both ways.

im perfectly fine with a QB round one and letting him compete with Hurts 

Hurts literally showed nothing but avg. play facts 

Oh yes your going to see his best play in 4 games lmfao. We allow other players YEARS, but damn you need to be all pro at QB after 4 games

30 minutes ago, time2rock said:

What I don’t get is why do some people think that just because you’d rather spend picks elsewhere and get a better look at Hurts to get a better idea of what exactly he offers means you are obsessed with him?  I’m definitely not convinced Hurts is the guy ... but I’m also not convinced he couldn’t be either.  I don’t get why that is so hard to comprehend.

Yep, give the guy a shot. We know ZIP after 4 games and now an all new staff

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

No what I think hurts will be is mediocre which is my biggest fear. 

Noone is obsessed. Just give him a chance. How long have/did we held/hold onto Jjaw?? Hollins??? Duds??? amongst others.  But no, Hurts has to be pro bowl after 4 games with a total crap team lol. After the Wentz disaster mediocre would be an IMPROVEMENT

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yep, give the guy a shot. We know ZIP after 4 games and now an all new staff

Agreed.  I don't want to automatically write him off, and am with you in that I do want to bring in competition (where we differ in opinion is where/when we address that).  But in no way am I anointing him anything or just handing him the starting spot.  

Does anyone else find it humorous that we put so much emotional investment into something that we have absolutely no control over?

3 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Does anyone else find it humorous that we put so much emotional investment into something that we have absolutely no control over?

Haha no doubt!  We debate with each other and in some cases try to shove opinions down each others throats about what we feel is best and in the end watch Howie draft a 3rd rd rated DE in the 1st because he is smarter than the average bear.  :lol:

9 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Noone is obsessed. Just give him a chance. How long have/did we held/hold onto Jjaw?? Hollins??? Duds??? amongst others.  But no, Hurts has to be pro bowl after 4 games with a total crap team lol. After the Wentz disaster mediocre would be an IMPROVEMENT

Literally means nothing the other guys you mentioned. Hurts can’t compete if we draft a QB still??? Nobody said Hurts had to be anything but we can’t draft a QB I the first because we have hurts..... yea that makes sense 

13 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Literally means nothing the other guys you mentioned. Hurts can’t compete if we draft a QB still??? Nobody said Hurts had to be anything but we can’t draft a QB I the first because we have hurts..... yea that makes sense 

So just curious, say we do take a QB at #6 ... don't you think the team will expect him to be the starter?  I mean you don't spend such a high pick on a depth piece, right?  What happens if Hurts outplays whatever QB we take at 6.  Does that 1st rd QB ride the bench?  I am definitely down with adding competition - I think we absolutely need to - but I just don't know that it needs to be someone taken in round 1.  I am not as high on this QB draft class as you are.  I know you are high on Wilson ... I have my doubts about him.  Sure he had a solid 2020 campaign, but a losing record last year and not against top competition (North Alabama, San Diego St, Hawaii, WKU, etc.).  I'd be all over taking a QB high if a prospect had "elite potential" and I just don't see it with those top guys.     

A pretty good look at the qb class this year.

2021 NFL Draft QB rankings - Fantasy Columns (nbcsports.com)

He has them ranked Lawrence, Fields, Lance and Wilson, and says Lance's upside is pretty huge considering how little college experience he has. I wouldn't be surprised to see us trade up to 4 to grab a qb.

If they roll with Hurts, this guy thinks Kellen Mond makes a lot of sense as a backup since he has a lot of the same qualities and could step in and run the offense. Mond will probably be available in the fifth round, and he seems like he would be worth it there. 

Just now, time2rock said:

So just curious, say we do take a QB at #6 ... don't you think the team will expect him to be the starter?  I mean you don't spend such a high pick on a depth piece, right?  What happens if Hurts outplays whatever QB we take at 6.  Does that 1st rd QB ride the bench?  I am definitely down with adding competition - I think we absolutely need to - but I just don't know that it needs to be someone taken in round 1.  I am not as high on this QB draft class as you are.  I know you are high on Wilson ... I have my doubts about him.  Sure he had a solid 2020 campaign, but a losing record last year and not against top competition (North Alabama, San Diego St, Hawaii, WKU, etc.).  I'd be all over taking a QB high if a prospect had "elite potential" and I just don't see it with those top guys.     

Do I think the team expect for him to become the franchise QB yes do I think he will be the starter day one depends. I think we fully give Hurts a shot even if we draft a QB to compete for the starting job who wins that is the question.

See again to me I don’t see us winning in 21 7-9 is my record prediction. But I’d rather draft a QB this year while in the top 10 not having to "sell the farm” as some say to get a guy over next year finding out hurts isn’t the guy picking at 15ish and having to sell the farm to move up for 1 player I’d rather keep the 22 draft capital 

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Sure he had a solid 2020 campaign, but a losing record last year and not against top competition (North Alabama, San Diego St, Hawaii, WKU, etc.).  I'd be all over taking a QB high if a prospect had "elite potential" and I just don't see it with those top guys.     

I don’t look so much at the record or stats when I watch QBs it is ice don’t get me wrong but I look at how they throw the arm accuracy touch those things. When I watch BYU Zach Wilson dude makes every throw just an amazing arm watching him in 2020 reminded me of Mahomes at times. 

Also I see 4-5 guys that I think are very good right now at QB I’d say I’m high on 2 one of which is going #1 in Lawrence other of course Wilson 

2 I’m not completely sold on yet but intrigue me in Mac and Lance 

then lastly fields he played great deserves a chance but gut feeling says steer clear 

again all my opinions 

For the "Jalen Hurts can't get us to the Super Bowl" crowd, here is a list of QBs who have appeared in the Super Bowl since 2000.

Brady, Mahomes, Garappolo, Goff, Foles, Ryan, P. Manning, E. Manning, Wilson, Flacco, Kaepernick, Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, Warner, Grossman, Hasselbeck, McNabb, Delhomme, Johnson, Gannon, Dilfer and Collins.

Obviously having a Brady, Mahomes or Manning makes it easier to get to the Super Bowl, but how many guys on this list are elite? I count 13 "non-elite" qbs getting to the SB in the last 20 years.

This isn't to say that we shouldn't be looking to draft a guy who can be an elite qb, and there are four prospects who seem to fit that mold right now, but no one should be looking for the nearest bridge to jump off if we don't. Hurts wouldn't stand out on that list as the only qb who didn't deserve to be in the SB if he was able to get us there. 

2 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

count 13 "non-elite" qbs getting to the SB in the last 20 years.

I’m looking at how many of them won it not who got in. Flacco but was on fire that playoff run stretch Eli who always raises his play in the playoffs Diler/Johnson who both had really good D diler historically good. Johnson also had the added bonus of playing the Raiders who his coach built. 

20 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I don’t look so much at the record or stats when I watch QBs it is ice don’t get me wrong but I look at how they throw the arm accuracy touch those things. When I watch BYU Zach Wilson dude makes every throw just an amazing arm watching him in 2020 reminded me of Mahomes at times. 

I tell ya more than anything I want a QB with those abilities ... accuracy, not afraid to fit the ball into tight windows, touch on his passes.  I’d prioritize all that over having a cannon of an arm.  

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I tell ya more than anything I want a QB with those abilities ... accuracy, not afraid to fit the ball into tight windows, touch on his passes.  I’d prioritize all that over having a cannon of an arm.  

Why Mac Jones intrigues me his selling point is accuracy and ball placement. But Bama players are so hard to judge 

30 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Why Mac Jones intrigues me his selling point is accuracy and ball placement. But Bama players are so hard to judge 

I know right?  I mean their OL is NFL quality and the weapons at his disposal are second to none.  How would he look behind Dillard and Seumalo and at times Opeta and Herbig and throwing to JJAW, Hightower, and Reagor (none of which are on the level of Jeudy, Smith, Waddle, etc).  

13 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I know right?  I mean their OL is NFL quality and the weapons at his disposal are second to none.  How would he look behind Dillard and Seumalo and at times Opeta and Herbig and throwing to JJAW, Hightower, and Reagor (none of which are on the level of Jeudy, Smith, Waddle, etc).  

I really like our OL Semaulo isn’t flashy but we rarely hear his name either which to me is a good thing usually only talk OL when they mess up lol.

LT is the big concern to me not sold on Mailata yet and Dillard still unknown can one of them step up. But the other 4 spots feel good about 

Archived