Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Boston Scott, Alex Singleton and Greg Ward got tendered. Those guys are pretty integral to the team...and will come cheap.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, stine said:

BG, to be fair, we did not see nearly enough To know what Hurts can or cannot do. 4 games and you can tell he wasn't that good? Give the dude a complete TC and PS then look after 6 more games to make some sort of a decision if he can or cannot cut it.

Your right we don’t know enough but he isn’t the only player that didn’t have camp or preseason we have 3 rookie WRs that didn’t get that or good QB play but instantly we have to upgrade??? Why don’t they get the same chance. Look I get it Hurts can get better maybe sure so can our young WRs but I’m not neglecting the possibility to upgrade my QB position on a maybe of Hurts.

Ertz for Mar????(provided neither are released)

Mariota is owed almost 11 mil this year. That’s why he’s going to be cut. Along with not being any good. Not paying that.

17 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

That would shock me. Truthfully wouldn't be too pleased with it either. 

Just another sideshow in this circus. So far we are linked to EVERYONE that comes CHEAP .Same as every year

17 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

That would shock me. Truthfully wouldn't be too pleased with it either. 

2 words... QB factory. Well that's one acronym and a word actually but you get it. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

2 words... QB factory. Well that's one acronym and a word actually but you get it. 

A "factory" produces something, A distributor markets something, A Pawnshop recycles something<(you are HERE) 😁

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Boston Scott, Alex Singleton and Greg Ward got tendered. Those guys are pretty integral to the team...and will come cheap.

PS players. Like them all, but they are all PS for a reason I suppose? Is that the best we can do? Integral means "thats all we have"

I would sign Marlon Mack and Hooker as 93 said before. Familiar players for Siri until he gets more used to being a HC

14 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

PS players. Like them all, but they are all PS for a reason I suppose? Is that the best we can do? Integral means "thats all we have"

Scott is already a backup, and he fills his role really well. Ward has been pressed into starter duty due to injuries and lack of progress from the young receivers. Hopefully he is a backup going forward. Singleton has been a pleasant surprise, and I think he and Edwards can do well in the new system since they play zone well. But ultimately you want those guys to be backups and more athletic guys like Taylor to start. But like Ward, until someone beats them out of a job, they have a job. 

This is pretty interesting.

Chad Forbes on Twitter: "#Eagles Not Shopping Derek Barnett but perspective around league is they're certainly listening. Timing Wise, most teams will sort through FA Edge Rushers prior to considering trades at position. One exception is #Browns. Told there's a dialogue there on Barnett." / Twitter

We get the full $10 million in cap savings if we trade Barnett, and I think there will be a ton of cheap pass rushers available in free agency. Plus I have to believe he will bring us at least a third round pick, and maybe a second if the Browns fall in love with him. They turned down offers for him at the trade deadline, but apparently are open to trading him now. 

37 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Scott is already a backup, and he fills his role really well. Ward has been pressed into starter duty due to injuries and lack of progress from the young receivers. Hopefully he is a backup going forward. Singleton has been a pleasant surprise, and I think he and Edwards can do well in the new system since they play zone well. But ultimately you want those guys to be backups and more athletic guys like Taylor to start. But like Ward, until someone beats them out of a job, they have a job. 

Well we are letting them test their value

Justin Fields is up. Athletic. He might not be developed very much at reading defenses. The worry is he struggled when not going with the first read and used his athleticism to cover up for his lack of realization of the blitz. 

Here they add that his mechanics are very sound. But he holds on to the ball too long.

2 hours ago, jsb235 said:

This is pretty interesting.

Chad Forbes on Twitter: "#Eagles Not Shopping Derek Barnett but perspective around league is they're certainly listening. Timing Wise, most teams will sort through FA Edge Rushers prior to considering trades at position. One exception is #Browns. Told there's a dialogue there on Barnett." / Twitter

We get the full $10 million in cap savings if we trade Barnett, and I think there will be a ton of cheap pass rushers available in free agency. Plus I have to believe he will bring us at least a third round pick, and maybe a second if the Browns fall in love with him. They turned down offers for him at the trade deadline, but apparently are open to trading him now. 

If we get Cleveland’s 2nd it’s a no brainer.  Barnett has been good but not great.  4 years in and still waiting for that breakout season.  

OH NO we're on page 666!!!!!   LOL

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

If we get Cleveland’s 2nd it’s a no brainer.  Barnett has been good but not great.  4 years in and still waiting for that breakout season.  

I have Oweh in 2, trade him

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

OH NO we're on page 666!!!!!   LOL

LOL, was just gonna say, "Watch what you type on this page. We don't need any more curses put on this team." :lol:

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Josh McCown getting cut

Probably hired immediately by Texans as new QB coach.  

Justin Fields is up. Athletic. He might not be developed very much at reading defenses. The worry is he struggled when not going with the first read and used his athleticism to cover up for his lack of realization of the blitz. 

AKA Hurts

Here they add that his mechanics are very sound. But he holds on to the ball too long.

LOL and he HAS an O line

Archived