Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

I know we want to give Hurts a chance but the reality was he wasn’t that good. 

He had 6 tds vs 4 ints he completed 52% of his passes. 

Last game he was 7-20 against the Redskins before we pulled him. 

Do we really believe that is that hard to beat???  We say well we had a spark on O no we really didn’t we didn’t score much with Hurts either he was meh. 

Do I think he can get better sure do I think we should Ignore QB because of his play absolutely not 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

So not a definitive improvement?

Lmao can say anyone is a definite improvement until they play we can’t say that Hurts is a definitely good either or worth starting or tons of other things. 

We can say for definite that he played meh though if you look at his play 

Hey, I'm not happy w/ the situation either. Have to do what's best for the future of the team and this yr a rd 1 QB just isn't it, maybe not even day 2 when there are some really good players at other positions who are better than the QB's there.

6 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Hey, I'm not happy w/ the situation either. Have to do what's best for the future of the team and this yr a rd 1 QB just isn't it, maybe not even day 2 when there are some really good players at other positions who are better than the QB's there.

See this is where I disagree round one QB makes perfect sense. 

we are picking top 10 can we guarantee that next? No. This is a strong QB class can we say that about next year no. 

I think it makes way more sense to take a QB this year let the guys compete over well Hurts might not be the guy and possibly have to trade up using our picks next year to draft a QB next season 

Hurts was thrown into a bad situation, but he did show me a few things. He ran when he had to, and did that well although it wasn't his first take. He actually threw long fairly often when it was there. He threw guys open. Mainly he made the decision on what to do - and did it - quickly. I'm not saying he's the end all - we may not have one this yr. We're practically an expansion team - except they'd have a bit more. It's a brand new start almost. Hopefully the Jeff/Howie idiocy wil allow Siri to choose his QB, I'm just going with what's there and I don't see a rd 1 QB out of the top 2 definitively better than Hurts. Get the BPA

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Hurts was thrown into a bad situation, but he did show me a few things. He ran when he had to, and did that well although it wasn't his first take. He actually threw long fairly often when it was there. He threw guys open. Mainly he made the decision on what to do - and did it - quickly. I'm not saying he's the end all - we may not have one this yr. We're practically an expansion team - except they'd have a bit more. It's a brand new start almost. Hopefully the Jeff/Howie idiocy wil allow Siri to choose his QB, I'm just going with what's there and I don't see a rd 1 QB out of the top 2 definitively better than Hurts. Get the BPA

So go get one of the top 2 would be my play it would be cheaper to get the QB this year in the top 10 over next year when we might not be in that spot. 

I think Zach Wilson is the 2nd best QB and I don’t think he is going #2 if we have to move up will be at #4 and I’d do that all day everyday for him.

Id much rather lose a 3rd this year then possibly have to trade two 1st. Next year. I’m chalking this season as an L that is fine by me thinking 7-9ish but if it goes right will have QB in place another block or two 

22 will have a stacked set of picks and plenty of cap to build. 

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

we are picking top 10 can we guarantee that next? No. This is a strong QB class can we say that about next year no. 

We weren’t initially picking top 10 when we maneuvered into position to get Wentz.  We’ll have two 1st rd picks next year (have to assume Wentz will play 75% of snaps in 2021) to go up and get a QB.  

We also can’t say next year won’t be a strong QB class.  I don’t see this class being very good other than a couple prospects.  

To be fair I think Mac Jones is a better prospect then hurts. Hurts didn’t impress me in the least bit once teams figured out his running he was a terrible QB that concerns me. If he can’t use his legs our O stalls 

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

We weren’t initially picking top 10 when we maneuvered into position to get Wentz.  We’ll have two 1st rd picks next year (have to assume Wentz will play 75% of snaps in 2021) to go up and get a QB.  

We also can’t say next year won’t be a strong QB class.  I don’t see this class being very good other than a couple prospects.  

Exactly we can’t say what next years class will look like and again I’d rather get my QB now in a strong class and not have to sacrifice possibly two firsts next year to do so. 

We are so worried about Hurts that we want to pass up a chance at a franchise QB. If Hurts is that great he will beat out a 1st round QB I don’t see it and I wouldn’t bank on him 

American thinking, we want it all and we want it now - silly and simply unattainable this yr. In certain areas we can barely field a team. Too much focus is put on the QB, not enough on what's around him. QB's can't throw and catch the ball, and they sure as hell can't throw when they're on their butts. Give an above avg QB protection and weapons, anything can happen. Same goes for a 6th rd QB. Fact is they're questionmarks later on. We need so much we have to go w/ BWA - Best Weapon Available

Also haven't seen hardly any OL players in mocks, or pass rush..

42 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Do we have a Pitts convert?

The way I see it Siri likes the quick pass and running game. The question is does he trust Hurts to be able to do that. Hurts processes quickly - one of the top attributes I look at in any QB. I think he'll go w/ Hurts - is anyone else better? Think about that. If you're going to draft another QB high, you're expecting that pick to be an improvement. Give Hurts the right weapons and protection - Pitts is the easy pick.

I would be happy with Pitts, Chase or trading back and grabbing one of the top three corners.

I will say that Pitts was a better blocker than I thought he would be. He didn't move people but he did position himself so that they couldn't get around him. And they ran a lot of the zone read concepts that we are going to with Hurts and Sanders, so he fits there. It definitely would be an upgrade over Ertz, who often looked like it was his first day of playing football when asked to block. 

Ertz had the ability to block, takes a mindset and a willingness to risk youself to block - Ertz doesn't have that. Wants the glory, not willing to do the dirty work and take the licks.

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

American thinking, we want it all and we want it now - silly and simply unattainable this yr. In certain areas we can barely field a team. Too much focus is put on the QB, not enough on what's around him. QB's can't throw and catch the ball, and they sure as hell can't throw when they're on their butts. Give an above avg QB protection and weapons, anything can happen. Same goes for a 6th rd QB. Fact is they're questionmarks later on. We need so much we have to go w/ BWA - Best Weapon Available

Also haven't seen hardly any OL players in mocks, or pass rush..

American thinking simple we are in a better spot no to grab a QB then possibly next year. Isn’t hard to see. 

id rather take my QB this year let him  compete with Hurts. sitting in the top 6 of a strong QB class over well maybe Hurts is the answer but if he is not having to give up two first round picks maybe more to get a QB next year on an unknown class. 

Give me Two QBs to compete rest of my draft to keep building the ALL MY PICKS next year PLUS CAP SPACE to keep building around whoever my QB is. 

Over maybe we got a decent players this year no QB have to give up way more picks next year just to find a maybe QB and still massive amounts of holes. 

Tell me again how my way is a silly decision over yours? 

4 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

Got some melatonin today but i'll keep this in mind.

yeah, I didn't like it because it felt "forced"Maybe it works different for you, but it made me feel weird

I love this. Everyone assumes Hurts has "peaked" lol. 4 games and he's hit his ceiling already

55 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I think it makes way more sense to take a QB this year let the guys compete over well Hurts might not be the guy and possibly have to trade up using our picks next year to draft a QB next season 

yeah it would be great to let Dullaz or the Gnats have Pitts 🙄

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

yeah it would be great to let Dullaz or the Gnats have Pitts 🙄

It be worse if we don’t have a QB to throw to players 

5 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

It be worse if we don’t have a QB to throw to players 

Yeah Hurts has PEAKED. After 4 games he can't get better!!! Time to shop that washed up loser

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Exactly we can’t say what next years class will look like and again I’d rather get my QB now in a strong class and not have to sacrifice possibly two firsts next year to do so. 

We are so worried about Hurts that we want to pass up a chance at a franchise QB. If Hurts is that great he will beat out a 1st round QB I don’t see it and I wouldn’t bank on him 

If Hurts stinks it up like you think he will we won’t need both 1sts to trade up we’ll be picking in a similar spot again next year.

30 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

yeah, I didn't like it because it felt "forced"Maybe it works different for you, but it made me feel weird

Ummmmm gb - you are wierd;)

That was way too easy

27 minutes ago, time2rock said:

If Hurts stinks it up like you think he will we won’t need both 1sts to trade up we’ll be picking in a similar spot again next year.

I would still consider Trask in 2. Otherwise I'm not moving for a QB. I really see little reason to move much. Most of what we need(aka everything lol) fall within the parameters of our picks. Lots of round 5 WR's that are fine for 4-6 plays a game. I would like to add a RB here someplace(so I have one mocked). I am all in on Pitts as an offensive weapon. Good CB's and safeties around in 2,3. I'm looking more at UDFA QB's. be fine if we took 2. I see no reason after a year from the draft, that a guy like White from Memphis can't be our #2. I like Zac Thomas also. Howie needs to shove his "make a splash" mentality and get some solid players in here

I'll take this guy even if I have to spend a 6 or 7(UDFA preferrred)

43 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Ummmmm gb - you are wierd;)

That was way too easy

Step away from the mirror 🤣

49 minutes ago, time2rock said:

No what I think hurts will be is mediocre which is my biggest fear. 

What I don’t get is why fans are so obsessed with Hurts when he has done nothing 

Archived