EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Will shock collar or remote be visible? Will they be holding hands?? :lol: 

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

If you watch the O-line "highlights" from last year pay attention to Seumalo.  He makes some strong plays but when he looks bad...he looks BAD. Like walking in circles bad.  There are plays where he gets straight up abused.  Mailata's worst plays of the year don't come close to how bad Seumalo looked at times.  He's 100% replaceable by Herbig/Dickerson.  I'm not worried about him being out.  I think it opens the door. 

Did I say I was worried?   All I said is that things are up in the air... it's only Day 1, people will move around, the depth chart isn't set.   I'd rather mix things up in TC than in the PS games.  In the PS, they need to get more gelled.  While they are in shorts and t-shirts... I don't care who lines up with whom, frankly.   The gelling is about knowing the angle the guy next to you takes to attack his double team block... how to pass off a defender to move to the next level... in pass pro to know the depths taken, etc.   Most of that really can't be worked on effectively until the pads go on.

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

off topic but Mac Jones wears #50? 

That has to be the worst number for any player in NFL history

This guy does not agree with you

MIKE SINGLETARY CHICAGO BEARS 8X10 SPORT PHOTO (K) | eBay

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Did I say I was worried?   All I said is that things are up in the air... it's only Day 1, people will move around, the depth chart isn't set.   I'd rather mix things up in TC than in the PS games.  In the PS, they need to get more gelled.  While they are in shorts and t-shirts... I don't care who lines up with whom, frankly.   The gelling is about knowing the angle the guy next to you takes to attack his double team block... how to pass off a defender to move to the next level... in pass pro to know the depths taken, etc.   Most of that really can't be worked on effectively until the pads go on.

Nope, wasn't saying you were at all.  It was just how I worded my response. 

11 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yet another person lauding Hurts’ work ethic. He might not be any good, but I think he’ll reach whatever ceiling he has. 

So McLane wasn’t just looking for controversy?

17 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

So you're leaving this board then right? your not a coach or player. not an agent. you dont talk to the eagles players, or any one in the nfl. 

practice what you preach. See ya

Football players don't have confidentiality agreements  with fans.

Nor is it unethical for me as a self proclaimed fan to comment on what I unprofessionally or professionally observe about football players playing football 

And as I'm not a paid psychologist it's not even unethical for me to question or speculate on an athletes mental health and if I were a psychologist it's still not unethical for me to speculate as long as we're not making any public diagnosis or official claims.

Having said that I'm not very concerned with the ethics behind it all, that's not in my job description as casual sport observer.

I'm concerned with the optics, I'm concerned with the reinforcement of negative mental health stigmatization, even if it be one person to another on a menial football forum.

You want to spew a bunch of stuff that reinforces those negative stereo types I'm going to call you out on it.

You want to reply in angry caps and call me names, go for it, hopefully in the process you at least give pause and think about challenging your own thoughts and negative stigmas about mental health care

14 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

McLeod and Dickerson can participate in team and position meetings and workout but cannot practice with the team.  My bet is both are on the 53 man roster and then moved to PUP. To start the season.  Probably no reason to rush them back.

I would take that bet.  You can't go to PUP from the 53.   They can go to PUP from where they are right now, and won't count against the 53.   

I do agree that both likely start the season on PUP... and I assumed that Dickerson would start there when he was drafted, so I am unaffected by his current status.

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Could be this afternoon even. He likes to keep players on their toes

The Pats give rookies stupid numbers in camp. 

12 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yet another person lauding Hurts’ work ethic. He might not be any good, but I think he’ll reach whatever ceiling he has. 

So McLane wasn’t just looking for controversy?

Yet another teammate lauding his work.  

13 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Frankly, at this point, lauding Hurts' work ethic is just white noise.  I'd love to hear someone, anyone, lauding his arm talent, his decision making on the field, his ability to read a defense and make sight adjustments at the LOS, to go through his progressions to #3 or #4.   

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Could be this afternoon even. He likes to keep players on their toes

Otto Graham wore #60.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

What the heck ????  Is Ertz joining a boy band if the Eagles release him ????

Ok... here's what happened.   He noticed a few grays, and freaked out.  He decided to try Just For Men, but got lost in the drug store and ended up with Miss Clairol.   

6 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

unsure what  you dont get.

Group A is larger then Group B

Both can spead the vaccine. 

you're more likely to get it from Group A

Yet group A is substantially less likely to spread and isn't significantly larger than group B so again basic math would dictate that those more likely to spread will do more spreading.

Like I said I think your Basic math and basic science are a little off.

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Ok... here's what happened.   He noticed a few grays, and freaked out.  He decided to try Just For Men, but got lost in the drug store and ended up with Miss Clairol.   

Wow dude looks like bleached chia pet😄

Howie having a long chat with Ertz, probably telling him he's getting traded and thanks for everything. Hopefully a deal is close to being done.

2 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Howie having a long chat with Ertz, probably telling him he's getting traded and thanks for everything. Hopefully a deal is close to being done.

I wonder if they have combat waivers ready.......................

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

What the heck ????  Is Ertz joining a boy band if the Eagles release him ????

He's showing support for Britney.

1 hour ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I get the pressure she is under and couldn't relate to what she was feeling. But that reeked of checking out after not nailing the move. If she wasn't in the right frame of mind after that and felt it was best to pull herself out, then at least she recognized that. But that's the equivalent to Tom Brady pulling himself out of the Super Bowl after throwing an interception. I don't view this the same as Naomi Osaka where she didn't feel like speaking with the press. I understood that more than this one. Every single major athlete goes through stress. And the most admirable and celebrated ones are the ones who push through it to succeed. 

I don't have an issue with what Biles did and I hope she gets right. I'm just not going to celebrate it as some major accomplishment like a lot of people are for "bringing awareness" to the situation. 

Not sure if you read my post about her history, it wasn't just "stress"...

If you did or after reading it, you still feel the same way...well, the reason she didn't pull herself out sooner is because she isn't a "quitter".

-She didn't quit when her biological mom went to jail because of drug addiction issues and basically abandoned her as a child, forcing her into foster care.

-She didn't quit when she was diagnosed with ADHD.

- She didn't quit when hackers leaked the fact that she had ADHD, making her deal with the "stigma". (She did the opposite in that case and "fought back" against her naysayers.)

- She didn't quit when she was abused by her coach

- She didn't quit when the allegations became public, she did the opposite once again and "came out" and stated she was abused.

- She didn't quit when she had suicidal thoughts during/after the abuse/scandal.

- She didn't quit when her training was sidelined due to Covid, leading her to become depressed, which lead her to "lose her confidence".  She sought treatment and dealt with it.

So do you think she would quit after having a poor showing in the preliminaries?  If she fell into a depressed state and lost her confidence, etc I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for her leading up to the event...but she wasn't a quitter, she had pushed through up until this point and she pushed through all the way to the event.  When she realized she couldn't compete, it likely devastated her.  I would guess that she may have not been able to physically perform, even if it was for just a few minutes. 

Everyone has a "breaking point"...with or without mental health issues.  She had finally reached her "breaking point" (after years and years of fighting it off, imo) and couldn't continue.  No different than if she had sprained her ankle.  (Much worse actually, imo).  

Ask the guy your screen name is named after about mental health.  Ask Dawkins if he would rather rupture his achilles or fall back into depression (or other mental health issues) and I guarantee you Dawkins would tell you that he would rupture BOTH of his achilles if it meant that he would never have mental health issues.  

When Dawkins talked about "keep pushing through, keep pushing no matter what" during his Hall of Fame Speech, this is exactly what he was talking about.  And she did exactly that HER ENTIRE LIFE.  

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I would take that bet.  You can't go to PUP from the 53.   They can go to PUP from where they are right now, and won't count against the 53.   

I do agree that both likely start the season on PUP... and I assumed that Dickerson would start there when he was drafted, so I am unaffected by his current status.

I thought for comeback PUP, they had to count against the 53 like carrying an injured player on the 53 and moving to IR afterwards.  But thinking back I think you may be right that it is just a change in the wording of the PUP designation.

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

I thought for comeback PUP, they had to count against the 53 like carrying an injured player on the 53 and moving to IR afterwards.  But thinking back I think you may be right that it is just a change in the wording of the PUP designation.

IR is different from PUP.  To go to IR where you can be reactivated, you need to be on the 53 first.  PUP has no such restriction.   You have to be on the PUP list from Day 1 to be eligible for PUP.  Once taken off PUP, you can't go back to PUP in the preseason.  Only players still on PUP at the start of the regular season are eligible for the in-season PUP list, and are required to remain there for at least 6 full weeks, then the 5 week window to activate to practice with the team.  During that window, they can participate in practice (once designated) and they have 21 days available to be evaluated.  By the end of the 21 days of practice, they have to either be activated, or they go back on PUP and remain there for the remainder of the season.  They do not count against the 53 man roster at any point during this process, unless the team decides to activate them.  Then they count and cannot go back to PUP.

IR, of course, is different.   Going on IR before the season, ends their season.  They can be released with an injury settlement, pass through waivers and then be resigned, but that wouldn't be useful for an 'in-demand' player.  To be placed on IR in season, you have to be on the 53 man roster for the first day of the season, and then you can be IR'd and could be activated again after the requisite amount of weeks (4, I believe). 

Sirianni doesnt see any mechanical issues with Hurts, but did mention focusing on his feet

Archived