EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

ENOUGH WITH THE COVID AND BILES TALK.  CAMP IS OPEN. STAY FOCUSED.

Bugger off

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Yeah, I'm speculating. But, most people say "yes" when they are asked if they are vaccinated because they understand why it is important and they aren't afraid to answer the question.

He didn't sound afraid to answer the question, but chose an answer different from what you would say.  He chose to answer in a way that wouldn't put him into a different camp than his teammates.  Seems like a good answer to me, even if its not an answer that some want to hear.   But, look at it from the other side.   We already know that DeAndre Hopkins isn't vaccinated.  What is his response when his QB comes out and says, "I am vaccinated and all my teammates need to be as well."   Well, he has already said he's considering retirement over it.  Is that the QB helping the team, or trying to act self-righteous?  

1 minute ago, greend said:

Bugger off

You forgot to turn on caps lock.  

33 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I have a group of friends, all in their 20s, all vaccinated, and all of them still wear a mask.  

So, while it might be construed that he is unvaccinated, it's not incontrovertible proof.

Yeah, I wear a mask. I really hope people think I am not vaccinated and socially distance when I am out at the store.  I have grown to like the space.

6 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Seems to me that he recognizes the need to not alienate teammates who didn't get vaccinated.    But let's look at the important stuff... look at his wrists.  What wristbands is he wearing?

Colts aren't doing wristbands.

1 hour ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I'm not sure what his ceiling is, but I am looking forward to drama-free BS with him. He's coachable, busts his tail, and is a good teammate. He seems like a good leader and the type of person guys can rally around. But yeah, his actual performance and talent is still up in the air. 

The rest of us  look forward to winning some games. But hey as long as there's no drama for you :rolleyes:

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Colts aren't doing wristbands.

Oh well.  Maybe because as a team, they decided to not go with the Scarlet Letter method of trying to force complicity.  Generally speaking, nothing good comes about when one group of people is forced to wear something to indicate their group identification.

26 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Someone should tell Wentz that the vaccine prevents interceptions.

And cures fumbling. 

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Oh well.  Maybe because as a team, they decided to not go with the Scarlet Letter method of trying to force complicity.  Generally speaking, nothing good comes about when one group of people is forced to wear something to indicate their group identification.

They are doing something, just not telling the public, which is the right way to go about it, imo. It removes the scarlet letter method from people who don't need to know while keeping everyone in the building safe

18 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Hurts is vaccinated

Ah, so that explains why the kept Hurts and traded Wentz. 

You know someone is going to start a Wentz tracker thread when the season starts so they can tabulate his snap counts .... 

6 minutes ago, greend said:

The rest of us  look forward to winning some games. But hey as long as there's no drama for you :rolleyes:

Part of his and the team's success will be how coachable he is, his leadership, and how he is viewed by the locker room. That stuff matters for the most important position on the team and I think he excels in all of that. Obviously, the rest is how he plays. 

17 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

He didn't sound afraid to answer the question, but chose an answer different from what you would say.  He chose to answer in a way that wouldn't put him into a different camp than his teammates.  Seems like a good answer to me, even if its not an answer that some want to hear.   But, look at it from the other side.   We already know that DeAndre Hopkins isn't vaccinated.  What is his response when his QB comes out and says, "I am vaccinated and all my teammates need to be as well."   Well, he has already said he's considering retirement over it.  Is that the QB helping the team, or trying to act self-righteous?  

You forgot to turn on caps lock.  

That's a personal choice

7 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

You know someone is going to start a Wentz tracker thread when the season starts so they can tabulate his snap counts .... 

Yup

8 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Converted to safety. 

Some team is going to buy cheap soon. Real cheap.

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

LOL

Wow.   The guy really was trying to feed his family.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

What the heck ????  Is Ertz joining a boy band if the Eagles release him ????

Going full Dennis the Menace. 

4 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Some team is going to buy cheap soon. Real cheap.

Well he’s converting to safety now so the value goes down. 

2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

This is kind of surprising.

Without Schwartz maybe reasonable personnel decisions will be made on D. Sweat has been better.  Barnett is a rotational player. 

I'm not surprised.  I think they got it right.  But I guess it's surprising that they got it right after all these years. 

Ok, that Benjamin thing might be fake since no one else is reporting it that I see, but he is getting cut. 

Archived