EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

17 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Nope, just had a set of wrestling player molester enablers.  No proof Paterno knew about Sandusky when he was a coach at PSU.  Strong possibility he had no knowledge about it when Sandusky, a former coach, used the shower at PSU.  

Now in Ohio over a handful of wrestlers said an assistant coach knew about the doctor molesting them and at least one has stated on the record that the assistant coach asked him to deny the molestations.  

PSU fired the head coach and college president and the state jailed the molester and the college president.  Ohio, they elected the assistant coach to Congress. 

Don't forget to add Jim Jordan.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of points I'd like to make.

Regarding Simone Biles, one factor that I have seen focused on is safety.  A gymnast can get seriously injured if they miss a component of her routine.  If Kevin Durant "isn't there", he'll miss some shots and turn the ball over.  If a world class gymnast "isn't there", she could land head-first on the mat or the balance beam.  Toughing it out really isn't an option, IMO.

Regarding the vaccine...  Yes, we are learning that the Delta variant is nearly as transmittable from a vaccinated person as an unvaccinated one.  I would note, however, that even with Delta the vaccinated person is unlikely be hospitalized and almost guaranteed not to die. 

Vaccines save lives.  That is an undisputed fact.  Please get a vaccine.  We are all Eagle fans and we'd like you to stay around for a while longer.

Now back to football...

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

A couple of points I'd like to make.

Regarding Simone Biles, one factor that I have seen focused on is safety.  A gymnast can get seriously injured if they miss a component of her routine.  I Kevin Durant "isn't there", he'll miss some shots and turn the ball over.  If a world class gymnast "isn't there", she could land head-first on the mat or the balance beam.  Toughing it out really isn't an option, IMO.

Regarding the vaccine...  Yes, we are learning that the Delta variant is nearly as transmittable from a vaccinated person as an unvaccinated one.  I would note, however, that even with Delta the vaccinated person is unlikely be hospitalized and almost guaranteed not to die. 

Vaccines save lives.  That is an undisputed fact.  Please get a vaccine.  We are all Eagle fans and we'd like you to stay around for a while longer.

Now back to football...

Stop being reasonable! :-)

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

During the live broadcast, Spadaro said there's no reason to see Dickerson on the field until 2022.  This is my only gripe.  We JUST did this with Sidney Jones.  2nd round picks should not be used on players who are going to redshirt.  Now, I think Dickerson is going to be good to go early in the year and eventually the starting LG this year but still it's that mindset going in to the draft.  Not learning from mistakes.

9 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Back in April the reports were that Dickerson would be ready for camp

It's only the first day.  If he is not ready for the games, then it would be a real concern.

That PC towards the end seemed to me like 10 minutes of trying to justify why they're going to pay a back up TE top 5 money 

Either that or they were trying to prop him up to trade partners.

Look at Ertz he's a winner, young guys listen to him you want him on your team to show dudes how to do stuff.

Last I checked those guys were called coaches...

2 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

The problem with people like you, you over complicate things. "dont know what im talking about". 

If the fire is hot, dont put your hand in it. 

If your burnt out, unhappy with travel, stressed over the competition... quit. 

Taking breaks, or going to talk about your feelings only teaches you to decompartmentalize.

DONT LIKE IT, GO DO SOMETHING ELSE. 

If only it were so simple 

13 hours ago, BigEFly said:

:offtopic:

is it fair to judge Emily Blunt and the Rock in Jungle Cruise against Bogart and Bacall in African Queen?

Katharine Hepburn

5 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Don't forget to add Jim Jordan.

Well he was the assistant coach to whom I was referring but trying to keep my dislike for Ohio State being the focus and standing up for PA over OH, while not bringing politics into it.  

3 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Katharine Hepburn

It was the wine last night. Kate was great in that movie.   Seems from what I have read that they kind of Disneyfied her role for Emily Blunt in the new ride movie.  Really enjoy most of Rock’s movies but he isn’t going to be Bogie.  

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

He must have meant Key Largo

Both are absolutely great movies!

So Williams at DE, along with players like Patrick Johnson, Avery, & Ostman at LB...

Maybe just a few packages, or a full on 3-4?

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

It was the wine last night. Kate was great in that movie.   Seems from what I have read that they kind of Disneyfied her role for Emily Blunt in the new ride movie.  Really enjoy most of Rock’s movies but he isn’t going to be Bogie.  

I already addressed this... that wasn't the goal of this movie.  The ride has been around for a long time, and its one of my favorites... not for thrills, but for generally terrible 'dad jokes' throughout.  So, this movie should be very 'campy', whereas African Queen was very much a drama.

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

Like I said, you're a clown. 

Partially and vaccinated people are almost 2 to 1 on unvaccinated. And again, both are spreaders. 

If you bang 10 chics, 7 are vaccinated and 3 are not, you're more LIKELY to get it from a vaccinated person. 

No, actually, you're not. 

Here's some math for you:

Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have over a 95% effectiveness rate - that means 95% of vaccinated people will not get the virus, period.  Let's say there's a 5% "pass through" rate, meaning that 5% get the virus but either have no symptoms or mild symptoms.  The 5% is what they are talking about when they say vaccinated people "can spread it too". Even if the rate is 85% or so with the new variants, that still means only 15% of vaccinated people could potentially spread the virus. The J & J vaccine is around 65%.  But even at 65% that means only 35% of vaccinated people could potentially spread the virus. 

And since (at most) 20 million people took the J & J vaccine, that means the rest took either Pfizer or Moderna...meaning 140+ million have the "higher effectiveness rate" vaccines.  That's roughly 85%. with at least 85% efficiency (much more in most cases). And the other 15% have around 65% efficiency.   We can do a worse case scenario and average it down to 82% efficiency.  (Much higher in real world scenarios but this is a "absolutely worst case scenario".

So if all 10 "chicks" were exposed to covid, out of the 7 that were vaccinated only 1 would (potentially) be carrying the virus vs all 3 that were not vaccinated.  So yes, your chances of getting it from someone who is not vaccinated, even if 70% of the people you come in contact with are vaccinated, is still around 3-1.  (And that's worst case scenario numbers).

Just now, Ace Nova said:

No, actually, you're not. 

Here's some math for you:

Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have over a 95% efficiency rate - that means 95% of vaccinated people will not get the virus, period.  Let's say there's a 5% "pass through" rate, meaning that 5% get the virus but either have no symptoms or mild symptoms.  The 5% is what they are talking about when they say vaccinated people "can spread it too". Even if the rate is 85% or so with the new variants, that still means only 15% of vaccinated people could potentially spread the virus. The J & J vaccine is around 65%.  But even at 65% that means only 35% of vaccinated people could potentially spread the virus. 

And since (at most) 20 million people took the J & J vaccine, that means the rest took either Pfizer or Moderna...meaning 140+ million have the "higher efficiency" vaccines.  That's roughly 85%. with at least 85% efficiency (much more in most cases). And the other 15% have around 65% efficiency.   We can do a worse case scenario and average it down to 82% efficiency.  (Much higher in real world scenarios but this is a "absolutely worst case scenario".

So if all 10 "chicks" were exposed to covid, out of the 7 that were vaccinated only 1 would (potentially) be carrying the virus vs all 3 that were not vaccinated.  So yes, your chances of getting it from someone who is not vaccinated, even if 70% of the people you come in contact with are vaccinated, is around 3-1.  (And that's worst case scenario numbers).

Not sure that's correct, and looking at the news, it would seem to be confirm

Just now, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Not sure that's correct, and looking at the news, it would seem to be confirm

What part of it isn't correct?  The vast majority of Covid being spread right now is among and between unvaccinated people...and it's not even close

Archived