EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Howie is wayyyyyyyyyyy too present.  He dresses and acts like he's a coach.  He is not.  He tries so hard to sound and look like a football analyst and he's a numbers cruncher.  Since Lurie let him become this incarnation of Howie, the team has taken a steady decline.  Seriously, that guy is our General Manager.  How can anyone take this franchise seriously with that dork leading the way?  

I have you know these nerds won the competition and got to rule over Greek life 

image.gif.c059c5226fbdd334e2d8d654806b73b0.gif

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kind of surprised the Eagles never re-signed Jamie Newman. It's going to be interesting to see how they allocated the QB snaps in the upcoming first pre-season game. I'd think you wouldn't want first team playing any more than 1 Quarter. Flacco is old, so I don't see him playing much. I guess they are going with a heavy dose of Mullens. 

44 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I'm kind of surprised the Eagles never re-signed Jamie Newman. It's going to be interesting to see how they allocated the QB snaps in the upcoming first pre-season game. I'd think you wouldn't want first team playing any more than 1 Quarter. Flacco is old, so I don't see him playing much. I guess they are going with a heavy dose of Mullens. 

See the source image

8 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

You'd rather criticize him than give him credit for quitting Twitter?  Okay, pretty much says it all for your opinion on the topic.  You sound impartial.

I'm confused... what credit is there to be had for 'quitting Twitter'?    

2 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

Sadly, Kempski is an equal of Bo Wulf.  Puerile crap that is funny once, but grates severely after a couple of years.  BLG, at times, makes me want to read Jeff McLane.

Anyhow, it's good to see the players being accountable in TC and the coaches, you know, coaching.  Such a novel concept.  I wonder if it will catch on?

I like Wulf and Kempski. I think they’re a little too critical at times & don’t agree with a lot of their opinions. But Wulf is a good comic relief to Zach Berman (who is without question the best Eagles beat guy). I don’t pay attention much to BLG opinions, that guy is in ESP territory now. 

Mike Kaye I’m glad he left Jacksonville cause he’s been a good addition to Eagles beat

Wulf downgrades the quality of Berman when paired with him. I am so tired of his adolescent attempts at humor.  At some point a real media entity is going to hire Fran Duffy or Duffy will get tired of Spads and leave.  Duffy seems to have a deeper understanding of football.  Frankly, I am not sure if Kempski, BLG or Wulf could differentiate Cover 1 from Cover 3. None of them would spot a slight adjustment to strengthen a player’s game like JR did with Seumalo lining up in a C stance. 

26 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I’m sure its been posted already 

https://twitter.com/kracze/status/1422953058208735237?s=21

but it’s still upsetting last years coaching staff pulled Fulgham for Alshon when Alshon was healthy again. 

We can't even be sure it was the coaches' decision. 

I thought Jeffery would be back sooner from the injury. I thought that when he returned, he'd play much better than he did. But I never would have pulled Fulgham regardless. They both played X and that was the problem. Neither probably would have been all that effective being moved away from X and we were trying to groom Reagor at Z. Maybe Howie or Lurie thought that if they could just show that Jeffery had returned to the 2017 Jeffery that some team might take some of that contract in a trade. Maybe they thought his return could spark an offense that was struggling in every area. IDK, but playing Jeffery over Fulgham didn't amount to anything positive. At least Fulgham seemed to provide a spark for a few weeks. Jeffery did not last year at all. 

3 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Howie talking with the guy that replaces him next year.

He would definitely be pretty high on the list and I'd be 100% fine with it. I enjoy listening to him and his analysis 

22 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Wulf downgrades the quality of Berman when paired with him. I am so tired of his adolescent attempts at humor.  At some point a real media entity is going to hire Fran Duffy or Duffy will get tired of Spads and leave.  Duffy seems to have a deeper understanding of football.  Frankly, I am not sure if Kempski, BLG or Wulf could differentiate Cover 1 from Cover 3. None of them would spot a slight adjustment to strengthen a player’s game like JR did with Seumalo lining up in a C stance. 

It seems the majority of the Philly beat writers on twitter try to incorporate some sort of humor or gotcha-ism in to their tweets.  I don't think they realize that the true Philly sports fan doesn't give 2 craps about that.  We want to know what the players on our teams are doing...how they look in practice, who looks good, who needs to go and so on.

I miss professional journalism.  

13 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Quez Watkins will be the Nasty Nate Award winner this year.  

I thought Trevon Grimes already gave a speech, thanked Eagles fans and took the 2021 award home.

56 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

At some point a real media entity is going to hire Fran Duffy or Duffy will get tired of Spads and leave.  Duffy seems to have a deeper understanding of football.  

Us Eagles fans are very, very lucky to have Fran Duffy.

TBH, I don't see him leaving the Eagles for the media. He could go into the football ops side.

45 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

We can't even be sure it was the coaches' decision. 

I thought Jeffery would be back sooner from the injury. I thought that when he returned, he'd play much better than he did. But I never would have pulled Fulgham regardless. They both played X and that was the problem. Neither probably would have been all that effective being moved away from X and we were trying to groom Reagor at Z. Maybe Howie or Lurie thought that if they could just show that Jeffery had returned to the 2017 Jeffery that some team might take some of that contract in a trade. Maybe they thought his return could spark an offense that was struggling in every area. IDK, but playing Jeffery over Fulgham didn't amount to anything positive. At least Fulgham seemed to provide a spark for a few weeks. Jeffery did not last year at all. 

100% a Howie move.  

14 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

100% a Howie move.  

There was no trade ever gonna happen for Jeffery. Even if he played well. If Howie was so into Jeffery then he would have found a way to keep him and not take the cap hit we did. Or even sign him again now for way less. Pederson heavily favored veterans and didn’t develop rookies or young players. If it’s not apparent in their hires, they view that as the main problem. GMs want good players they don’t have to pay for, not bad players they are paying too much for. He couldn’t wait to get rid of that contract and player. I feel this was 100% Pederson.

Speaking of Fran, he served this up just for @ManuManu and @eagle45

• In the last big play of practice, Jalen Hurts dropped back off play-action and hit Greg Ward on a crossing route over the middle of the field. The young veteran receiver attacked the ball in the air and came down with it on the run for the big play through the teeth of the defense. 

Who gets cut to activate Singleton tomorrow?  With 8 TEs, I could see it being one of Wilson or Croom.  

14 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

There was no trade ever gonna happen for Jeffery. Even if he played well. If Howie was so into Jeffery then he would have found a way to keep him and not take the cap hit we did. Or even sign him again now for way less. Pederson heavily favored veterans and didn’t develop rookies or young players. If it’s not apparent in their hires, they view that as the main problem. GMs want good players they don’t have to pay for, not bad players they are paying too much for. He couldn’t wait to get rid of that contract and player. I feel this was 100% Pederson.

It wasn't about a trade.  It was about trying to justify that reworked contract he gave to Jeffery in 2019 that guaranteed his salary in 2020.  

8 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It wasn't about a trade.  It was about trying to justify that reworked contract he gave to Jeffery in 2019 that guaranteed his salary in 2020.  

Even so, that’s a reach just to hate on Howie. IMO the evidence strongly supports it being a Doug decision. He got fired because he was too loyal to his coaches. He definitely did that with players too.

That contract was a mistake, just like Wentz’ contract. Neither are on the team. He has proven that he will bite the bullet vs justifying.

19 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Speaking of Fran, he served this up just for @ManuManu and @eagle45

• In the last big play of practice, Jalen Hurts dropped back off play-action and hit Greg Ward on a crossing route over the middle of the field. The young veteran receiver attacked the ball in the air and came down with it on the run for the big play through the teeth of the defense. 

This completely changes my opinion on everything.

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

My point was the reasoning why he quit Twitter.  

I get that people choose to quit Twitter, and the reason doesn't matter to me.  But, does choosing to stop using it actually warrant 'credit' though?  I don't get it.   He chose to stop using Twitter... the reaction from everyone should be: 

tenor.gif?itemid=11213198

"and?"

32 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Everything was 100%.  He's the fall guy this time around.  

14 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

This completely changes my opinion on everything.

I mean it does have everything.  Hurts hitting a pass over the middle, Ward getting separation and YAC.  I couldn’t have scripted Fran’s description any better.  You probably have the Eagles going undefeated now.  :whistle:

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Everything was 100%.  He's the fall guy this time around.  

He earned it

Cowboys being paper champions every year🙄

D2DA16A5-0AFF-481A-AAA2-2FB44DD12B90.jpeg

15 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

He earned it

Keep believing everything Howie tells you.   Reagor was Doug's idea, Doug wanted Hurts, Doug wanted to play guys who hadn't produced in over a year over a guy who was the team's leading receiver, even while desperately trying to win games, Doug gave out the bad contracts, Doug traded for a broken down WR and then gave them big money... Doug Doug Doug.  Of course, Doug wasn't allowed to keep his OC around... but Doug had complete autonomy on everything else.  

Archived