EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

Don’t understand why we wouldn’t look at rattler with those picks

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is a realistic package buying low on Watson? A 1st, 2nd, and player like Cox?

3 minutes ago, SB52 said:

By the way, Doug used the 53rd pick in the draft on Hurts in 2020.

FYP

52 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Hurts, Goedert, Eagles 2022 and 2023 first round picks, 2022 2nd round pick 

Too much...

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

FYP

Artist rendering 

image.gif.7bf2a8bb1d3dd6611717be60cab09000.gif

The Eagles are under no obligation to care about a person's off the field activities. If he's cleared by the NFL and by the justice system, they can do whatever they want. If people don't like it, they don't have to watch.

Still don't think it's happening any time soon.

I'm team win at all costs. I'd sign The Zodiac Killer to play QB if he was top 5 and allowed to play.

5 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

The Eagles are under no obligation to care about a person's off the field activities. If he's cleared by the NFL and by the justice system, they can do whatever they want. If people don't like it, they don't have to watch.

Still don't think it's happening any time soon.

I'm team win at all costs. I'd sign The Zodiac Killer to play QB if he was top 5 and allowed to play.

smh

Yeah, I love this team to death but I'm out if they make this move. There's no reason for it. Zero expectations this season and everyone supports Jalen. 

This is all Jeff and his obsession with a good offense above everything, but this is too much. Lost his mind if he thinks this is an acceptable move. 

8 minutes ago, brinbe said:

Yeah, I love this team to death but I'm out if they make this move. There's no reason for it. Zero expectations this season and everyone supports Jalen. 

This is all Jeff and his obsession with a good offense above everything, but this is too much. Lost his mind if he thinks this is an acceptable move. 

Not acceptable because of legal situation or because "everyone supports Jalen?”

1 hour ago, Dwide Schrude said:

That it’s more than likely true he’s a serial predator. There’s not going to be any indisputable evidence. And the Eagles front office just might not care because if he starts winning in Philadelphia, people will likely forget about it in 10 years. Unfortunate truth of how things go. 

Please tell me you aren't actually this stupid.

5 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Please tell me you aren't actually this stupid.

By Deciding to engage in a conversation with you, maybe I am. 

5 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

By Deciding to engage in a conversation with you, maybe I am. 

You're the one who thinks Lurie is going to sign off on trading for a guy you claim he would know is a sexual deviant and not care about it. Perhaps you should focus on your clear lack of common sense and ability to use any level of critical thinking.

1 minute ago, T-1000 said:

You're the one who thinks Lurie is going to sign off on trading for a guy claim he would know is a sexual deviant and not care about it. Perhaps you should focus on your clear lack of common sense and ability to use any level of critical thinking.

It’s entirely possible, you’d be ignorant to assume otherwise, which you seem to be. There’s plenty of smoke/reports that Eagles and Texans are engaged in trade talks over Watson while the claims are still very much unresolved. Maybe if you pulled your head out of it you’d have a grip on what’s actually going on. 

6 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

It’s entirely possible, you’d be ignorant to assume otherwise, which you seem to be. There’s plenty of smoke/reports that Eagles and Texans are engaged in trade talks over Watson while the claims are still very much unresolved. Maybe if you pulled your head out of it you’d have a grip on what’s actually going on. 

LMAO, good god you are a dope. NFL teams hire the best of the best private investigators to get information on prospects, players, etc. IF they trade for Watson they will be extremely certain that the allegations against him are BS for two reasons. For one, they aren't giving up premium assets for a guy who could be facing a lengthy suspension. Two, and most importantly Lurie is an extremely liberal guy and he isn't signing off on trading for and building his franchise around a known sexual deviant. Common sense dummy.

3 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

LMAO, good god you are a dope. NFL teams hire the best of the best private investigators to get information on prospects, players, etc. IF they trade for Watson they will be extremely certain that the allegations against him are BS for two reasons. For one, they aren't giving up premium assets for a guy who could be facing a lengthy suspension. Two, and most importantly Lurie is an extremely liberal guy and he isn't signing off on trading for and building his franchise around a known sexual deviant. Common sense dummy.

Quit talking like you know what you’re saying & actually pay attention to the events that are transpiring. For someone so old Your insults sure are pathetic and juvenile.  

2 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Quit talking like you know what you’re saying & actually pay attention to the events that are transpiring. For someone so old Your insults sure are pathetic and juvenile.  

I really don’t wanna get involved in this but Adam caplan on his podcast and on 973 ESPN in Atlantic City about 2 1/2 to 3 months ago talked about how every team including the Eagles were doing their own investigation into what was going on with Deshaun Watson. Tommy Lawlor discussed it in his talking points article on Deshaun Watson tonight. They are going to do their own investigation and they are going to figure out what they believe is going on from that investigation. 

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I really don’t wanna get involved in this but Adam caplan on his podcast and on 973 ESPN in Atlantic City about 2 1/2 to 3 months ago talked about how every team including the Eagles were doing their own investigation into what was going on with Deshaun Watson. Tommy Lawlor discussed it in his talking points article on Deshaun Watson tonight. They are going to do their own investigation and they are going to figure out what they believe is going on from that investigation. 

Yeah I’ll quit the back and forth. I don’t like to get like this in the blog. I understand teams would be doing their own homework/investigations on him. My point was, that if the Eagles discovered there wouldn’t be any legal consequences for Watson, and would result in just an NFL suspension even if it actually is true that Watson has done these things but can’t be proven, they’d probably still go thru with the trade. 
I’ll admit I could of worded this better initially but didn’t care to clarify once the insults started

Here is what I think.

The Texans basically have to move him. The last thing they want to do is start handing him game checks in a month. He's not getting suspended anytime soon, and will likely be able to play the whole season. They have no intention of playing him, but they will have to pay him, which is lighting money on fire.

No one is going to give anything for him. Everything else aside, no one knows where his head is at right now. What happens if he shows up out of shape and refuses to learn the playbook? What happens if he gets mad at the coaches and refuses to play? What happens if he assaults a stewardess on the flight to his new team? Big Ben saw a dip in his numbers the year he was suspended. His completion percentage was five points lower. His QBR dropped. And that was in a system he was familiar with. Do we think Watson is going to stroll in, learn the entire offense and hit the ground running, especially with all the distractions he will face?

Plus, the criminal charges he is facing are serious. So there is a chance that, even if he plays this season, he might not play football again after this season. So who is going to trade a bunch of draft picks for a player who might refuse to play, who might play poorly if he does decide to play, or who might get sent to jail after just one season? 

So the price may be really low right now, which is the only was I could see anyone having any interest. I have to believe that the conversations going on right now aren't how many first round picks, but more like, "we will give you Hurts and a bag of footballs." The Texans are basically trying to sell tickets on the Titanic after it hit the iceberg. And the problem is, they have to get rid of Watson, since the only thing worse than trading him for a player like Hurts is having to cut him to avoid the embarrassment and distraction of paying him not to play.

I think that the biggest misconception right now is that the team is going to pay a lot for Watson, but I am pretty confident that the discussions, if they are indeed happening, are a lot different than people imagine.  

2 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Here is what I think.

The Texans basically have to move him. The last thing they want to do is start handing him game checks in a month. He's not getting suspended anytime soon, and will likely be able to play the whole season. They have no intention of playing him, but they will have to pay him, which is lighting money on fire.

No one is going to give anything for him. Everything else aside, no one knows where his head is at right now. What happens if he shows up out of shape and refuses to learn the playbook? What happens if he gets mad at the coaches and refuses to play? What happens if he assaults a stewardess on the flight to his new team? Big Ben saw a dip in his numbers the year he was suspended. His completion percentage was five points lower. His QBR dropped. And that was in a system he was familiar with. Do we think Watson is going to stroll in, learn the entire offense and hit the ground running, especially with all the distractions he will face?

Plus, the criminal charges he is facing are serious. So there is a chance that, even if he plays this season, he might not play football again after this season. So who is going to trade a bunch of draft picks for a player who might refuse to play, who might play poorly if he does decide to play, or who might get sent to jail after just one season? 

So the price may be really low right now, which is the only was I could see anyone having any interest. I have to believe that the conversations going on right now aren't how many first round picks, but more like, "we will give you Hurts and a bag of footballs." The Texans are basically trying to sell tickets on the Titanic after it hit the iceberg. And the problem is, they have to get rid of Watson, since the only thing worse than trading him for a player like Hurts is having to cut him to avoid the embarrassment and distraction of paying him not to play.

I think that the biggest misconception right now is that the team is going to pay a lot for Watson, but I am pretty confident that the discussions, if they are indeed happening, are a lot different than people imagine.  

Any team trading for Watson will have completed their own private investigations with results they deem satisfactory and worth the risk. Watson is not going to get traded for peanuts.

4 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Any team trading for Watson will have completed their own private investigations with results they deem satisfactory and worth the risk. Watson is not going to get traded for peanuts.

It definitely impacts his value but it’ll probably still be 2-3 first round picks just to start trade talks. 

3 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

I don't think that's possible in this case. The criminal investigation is months away from being completed, but the season starts in 30 days, and as I noted, the Texans probably don't want to start handing him game checks. 

9 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Yeah I’ll quit the back and forth. I don’t like to get like this in the blog. I understand teams would be doing their own homework/investigations on him. My point was, that if the Eagles discovered there wouldn’t be any legal consequences for Watson, and would result in just an NFL suspension even if it actually is true that Watson has done these things but can’t be proven, they’d probably still go thru with the trade. 
I’ll admit I could of worded this better initially but didn’t care to clarify once the insults started

I don't mind the back and forth. Hell I’ve done that before. I tend to agree that they would likely pull the trigger on a deal if all they believed would happen in this scenario is the nfl suspending him for 6-8 weeks and no criminal charges were going to hold up in court. 

tbh I’m not sure you, i or anyone besides watson and the massage therapists will ever know the complete truth. I tend to think the civil cases get settled and the criminal ones are likely going to be a he said she said and hard to ultimately prove one way or the other. 

Archived