EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, downundermike said:

I am pretty sure Watson can beat out Flacco and Mullens.

Surprised someone that is so critical over Howie's handling of the cap has no issue bringing on Watson's contract which will even further hurt the Eagles cap.  

6 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Surprised someone that is so critical over Howie's handling of the cap has no issue bringing on Watson's contract which will even further hurt the Eagles cap.  

Obviously he was joking. Not sure if you are…

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

FF92E384-C48D-40A7-A2B6-C41298DED0FB.gif

El Presidente

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

Its not crazy, its all about preparing your body which Doug was not well and giving his team the best chance at. 

I was a player, and I can say the best way to prepare yourself for a full season is to practice hard. Prepare in practice like your playing a game. Doug ran very cupcake, soft practices. Players bodies were not prepared for contact. Same goes for running routes, playing coverage etc. If you are not practacing atleast 75% + speed your not ready to 100% in a real game. Hits, tackling etc.

Just like preseason games. I can;t stand teams that sit all their players during the preseason to avoid an injury. I was never a Reid fan but he did it right and still does it right. Wk1- 1Q, Wk2- 2Q, Wk3- 3Q. Reid still does that today. Seams the teams that play as many starters as possible in preseason make the playoffs. 

Im just Hoping Nick keeps working the players hard and getting them ready for contact. This alone can make a big difference in the injury front. 

See player contracts, league rules, player union BS, mandated exceptions and it is a wonder Players are even allowed to hit each other. I can fully envision future conversion of the NFL to Electronic sensors and Virtual hits. A player touches another players uniform sensor, and a cartoon of a virtual hit played for the happy public. I had enough video games in my life, so I will not  be one of the fans...But the back yard South Philly football, is long gone.

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’m excited for the QB competition.  

Mullens Muncher 

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

Would be interesting how they handle it if recovery and rest revitalizes Flacco.   

I think Flacco has a bit more left than most people here do, but if Flacco is playing it’s bad for the Eagles this season.  He’s 36 now and his future is backup/mentor duty.  If he’s being brought in off the bench like Fitz was for Tua last season, that’s just about worst case scenario for Hurts and his supporters.

At least it would make for a really tough sell to the fan base not to draft QB next April.

Im quietly freaking out inside about the fact that we COULD have a generational rookie WR...

6 minutes ago, What The F said:

Im quietly freaking out inside about the fact that we COULD have a generational rookie WR...

with  no one to throw him the ball>

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

JFC.  Let him have a training camp first.  Sheesh.   

You guys are setting yourselves up.  

So what if they are? It’s okay to get excited. It’s also okay to be let down.

D7C76D91-C418-4F09-9D64-296B257E0408.jpeg

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

JFC.  Let him have a training camp first.  Sheesh.   

You guys are setting yourselves up.  

Reading comprehension failing you again?  He had COULD in large caps to emphasize possibility versus certainty. JFC. 

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

Reading comprehension failing you again?  He had COULD in large caps to emphasize possibility versus certainty. JFC. 

It’s okay, he thinks berating people for getting excited is having a discussion

47 minutes ago, What The F said:

Hopefully the chemistry between he and Hurts pays off quickly. 

26 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Hopefully the chemistry between he and Hurts pays off quickly. 

They only had 12 completions in college. I’m not sure there’s much chemistry there 

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

They only had 12 completions in college. I’m not sure there’s much chemistry there 

image.gif

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

image.gif

I bet I could make a video of those 12 completions to some trap music and make a swag hype vid 

14 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I bet I could make a video of those 12 completions to some trap music and make a swag hype vid 

Just gotta add the music.  

Does camp start tomorrow? Totally haven’t been paying attention. 

Just hope they do what’s right and bring back the greatest QB in franchise history, Nick Foles. 

3 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Just hope they do what’s right and bring back the greatest QB in franchise history, Nick Foles. 

Gotta better chance Mr. Massage comes then BDN

I'll probably participate soon. Avoided the Blog since the 76ers lost to Atlanta. Got tired of all the Ben Simmons talk.

Soon, I guess.

1 minute ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I'll probably participate soon. Avoided the Blog since the 76ers lost to Atlanta. Got tired of all the Ben Simmons talk.

Soon, I guess.

I feel you. The 76ers really made me hate sports in general for a good 3 weeks. 

42 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

8 days 

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

Just gotta add the music.  

That last throw on a bad ankle was a thing of beauty from both players. 

22 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Soon, I guess.

Can’t wait for your input on our new punter. 

Archived