EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

16 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I don't see how that particular information is going to help Miami's FO.  That information would make Miami look unreasonable.

Not sure how rejecting these offers would be unreasonable.  They want a first plus, and have yet to get that offer.

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on the trade everyone bandwagon. Cox, Ertz (obviously), Graham, Lane, etc. This team is years away from being contenders.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Not sure how rejecting these offers would be unreasonable.  They want a first plus, and have yet to get that offer.

Ertz and a Second and Saints 1st is pretty damn good if you ask me

4 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

They want a first plus, and have not received that offer.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

They want a first plus, and have not received that offer.

I don’t think anyone will offer as much. 

4 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

They don't need a busted TE

4 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

he HAD to ship Wentz. HADDD TO

Same reason why Alshon went right back into the starting line up. Same reason we stuck with Nelly too long. Barnett.  Same reason we're getting the spin factory reports on Jalen Hurts.

Only one he moved on from Was Sydney Jones, who you can argue

was the wrong move. 

Got it. The players that disprove your position don’t count because he "HAD TO”

ok guy

30 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I'm on the trade everyone bandwagon. Cox, Ertz (obviously), Graham, Lane, etc. This team is years away from being contenders.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but it is pertinent to point out that in today’s NFL, fortunes change rapidly. 

If anyone had told us after 2015 that 2 years later we would be SB champs we would have laughed, and inversely if anyone had told us after 2017 that we would be in a full rebuild with a new coach just a few years later, we would have also laughed. 

5 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

he HAD to ship Wentz. HADDD TO

Same reason why Alshon went right back into the starting line up. Same reason we stuck with Nelly too long. Barnett.  Same reason we're getting the spin factory reports on Jalen Hurts.

Only one he moved on from Was Sydney Jones, who you can argue

was the wrong move. 

I'm no Howie fan...but I would not argue that making moves specifically to save face and force through his picks is high on my list of gripes with him.

We stuck with those players too long because Howie was too crappy at his job to find anyone better.  As horrendous as Alshon Jeffery was, he went back into the lineup because he was the most reliable WR option.  Agholor stayed in the lineup for so long because he was the only WR they've drafted in years who could get open...despite the fact that he can't catch.

Sweat is a rare pick I loved and a player I like a lot, but there is well-founded concern that he lacks the motor, endurance, and durability to be a 3-down DE.  And he's the most disruptive DE Howie has drafted in a decade.  So that's why Barnett, an underwhelming, injury-prone, flag-magnet, first round reach who hustles through all facets of the game through 3 downs is still starting at RDE here on an absurdly overpriced 1st round 5th year option.  

This isn't propping up his guys...it's incompetence at finding new players to replace the few, mediocre, reliable players that remain.

12 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but it is pertinent to point out that in today’s NFL, fortunes change rapidly. 

If anyone had told us after 2015 that 2 years later we would be SB champs we would have laughed, and inversely if anyone had told us after 2017 that we would be in a full rebuild with a new coach just a few years later, we would have also laughed. 

Absolutely needs to be pointed out.  But consider the following:

A question worth asking...when the Eagles bottomed out in 2015...the last time many of us wanted to "trade everyone"....how many players were 29 or older in 2015 that were critical to the 2017 run?  

Jason Peters (33)...one of the biggest aging anomalies in NFL history.  And he wasn't even around for the stretch run.  

Noteworthy players 29 or older now: Kelce, Lane, Slay, Graham, Ertz, Cox, Mcleod.  The odds and smart money say that every one of these players is completely useless to the competitive future of this team.

Bias as an Eagles fan aside, I think it’s kind of crazy to think Eagles will be worse than Lions or Texans.

39 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Who plays at DT? Hargrave and Williams? Who plays at RT? Know it can’t be Dillard. DE? Barnett is likely gone next year.

(I’m in agreement with you, just thinking who would fill in)

1 minute ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Bias as an Eagles fan aside, I think it’s kind of crazy to think Eagles will be worse than Lions or Texans.

Let alone the Jets, Jags, Panthers...

Some dude on twitter under that thread was seriously suggesting Eagles would fail because most casual fans don’t know who the Eagles coach is. That was basis of his argument lol

3 minutes ago, DuckWalk said:

What in the Sam hell are you boys talkin' bout ?

Howie changed from Ginger Jesus "because the TEAM stopped responding to him" .

The fact that he played awful was secondary.  A QB is much more than his "statistics" . Ask Roger Staubach, Warren Moon, heck Aaron Rodgers.

Give me Kenny Stabler or give me Death. 

People wanting to discredit Hurts before he's even had a shot? Mostly folks who are hurt by the Wentz trade. We should've rolled with St Nick. That much is obvious now.

1 minute ago, DuckWalk said:

Absolute Nonsense. The Eagles easily win the NFC East in a bounce back year this year. Beyond that? Who knows?

They're the only decent squad "in the East " .   Wentz just took the sails out of everybody last year.  This happens when your Captain implodes. 

Doesn't mean Fletcher Cox can't play football LOL

🥴

5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Absolutely needs to be pointed out.  But consider the following:

A question worth asking...when the Eagles bottomed out in 2015...the last time many of us wanted to "trade everyone"....how many players were 29 or older in 2015 that were critical to the 2017 run?  

Jason Peters (33)...one of the biggest aging anomalies in NFL history.  And he wasn't even around for the stretch run.  

Noteworthy players 29 or older now: Kelce, Lane, Slay, Graham, Ertz, Cox, Mcleod.  The odds and smart money say that every one of these players is completely useless to the competitive future of this team.

The age factor is one that definitely differentiates it from 2015, you are right about that. Although, all those players being completely useless is going a tad far IMO.

Ertz is a non-factor in this conversation, he's gone one way or another.

McLeod is a JAG.

Kelce is playing his last year, if we try to trade him, he might just retire. Let him retire as an Eagle.

Slay is a stop-gap CB at this point, and what would we even get for him, a conditional 5th? Considering our options at CB, not sure that is an option.

That leaves the two relevant guys, Lane and Cox.

I think Lane deserves one more year to prove he can stay healthy, if he does and can going forward, he has a lot of mileage still ahead of him. It's a risk, granted, but it's worth taking IMO.

With Cox, I say we keep him, he doesn't need to be the 2nd best DT in the league anymore, but he can still be a top 10 DT for a little while longer. Also, he is likely a HOF'er, and I for one would like him to play his whole career in Green. Worst comes to worst, he can be a rotation piece after a few more years of starting.

I might be a little optimistic, but considering our vast draft capital going forward, I think we can afford to be.

11 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

True but plus 1400 is damn good odds. It’s not that far out of reality. 

4 minutes ago, DuckWalk said:

Yeah yeah yeah. I almost don't even comment on these boards anymore.

They're dominated by folks who don't know a football from this lady .

im-85169.jpg

We aren’t missing anything based on this post

That saints 1st is going to be a good, high 1st.

Most people seem to think our 2nd would be a high 2nd, combined with Ertz is a strong offer, but Id have chosen the Saints 1st over ours.

Obviously Miami wants more than a high 1st. Thats a steep price. 

I wonder if it would do anything for them if we added Cox to our offer. Ertz is basically a throw away we need to get rid of. To me its basically only offering Cox and our 2nd. 

40 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Curious, where would everyone rank Gesicki in terms of TEs?

10ish

16 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

As do I but it’s possible and +1400 seems like a really good bet odds wise 

2 minutes ago, DuckWalk said:

They are not in a million years trading Cox.

If you can trade a declining player for an elite CB in his prime, you do it.

44 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Curious, where would everyone rank Gesicki in terms of TEs?

Back half of the top 10. Depends on what you want at the position, he’s not a true TE and more of a big slot. Ertz and him would be redundant. 

3 minutes ago, DuckWalk said:

They are not in a million years trading Cox.

Want to give me +1400 on that?

Archived