EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Surprised someone that is so critical over Howie's handling of the cap has no issue bringing on Watson's contract which will even further hurt the Eagles cap.  

You know what else hurt the Eagles? Koy Detmer’s suck of a throwing arm. 

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

JFC.  Let him have a training camp first.  Sheesh.   

You guys are setting yourselves up.  

COULD ya old blind dope

8 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm most excited about who wins the competition for LT

If that’s what your most excited for I feel bad for ya. 

Jalen Hurts will play like a top 5 QB this year

can’t wait to be flamed for this one in 6 months 

11 hours ago, MillerTime said:

Here is my pick

A7757E35-7A64-4DD1-AEE6-89F32E2BE9B0.jpeg

Heart,  miles and miles of heart!

11 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

I announce and proclaim that I am the new el presidente of this thread

image.jpeg.62492a4eee6271227b56f5391d8fa015.jpeg

9 hours ago, What The F said:

Im quietly freaking out inside about the fact that we COULD have a generational rookie WR...

That would be cool

Not sold on Hurts as the team QB yet.  But feeling good that his college WR teammate will be on the other end of his passes.  That should help both players. 

LT battle will be interesting to watch.  Whoever win the position will be a plus as can't have enough good OT on the team.

CB/DB is still a position to be concerned about.  We need a couple of young players to step up and make a claim on the roles.  I'd expect the FO will bring in someone to reinforce the position. 

Ertz's situation is still unclear.  Don't mind to have him on the roster, but his cap can be deployed in other areas of need. 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That’s cute.   You’re excited.   Awwwwww.  

Read this in Abe Simpson’s voice. Gonna do this with all your posts. It makes them so much better.

16 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Whatever gets you by.   You lack originality.  Do better.  

I would but it’s gonna require some excitement

5 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Jalen Hurts will play like a top 5 QB this year

can’t wait to be flamed for this one in 6 months 

In the division …. I’ll go along with.

13 hours ago, MillerTime said:

Here is my pick

A7757E35-7A64-4DD1-AEE6-89F32E2BE9B0.jpeg

Johnny Utah was better. 

6 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Johnny Utah was better. 

What I wouldn't give to have Bodhi playing linebacker for the Eagles.  The pursuit angle and speed he showed while running in sand, you can't teach that.

6 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

What I wouldn't give to have Bodhi playing linebacker for the Eagles.  The pursuit angle and speed he showed while running in sand, you can't teach that.

Rather have Bobby Boucher

1 minute ago, greend said:

Rather have Bobby Boucher

Love the intensity...but he's a personal foul waiting to happen.  Need smart players.  Now if we're talking LBs, give me Alvin Mack.

Who's going to get hyped the most for a big camp? I'm talking players that we know stink. Obviously if we hear Smith or Lane looks good there's a chance it's accurate.

My choice is going to be Maddox.

Just easier for me to picture:

Avonte Maddox with the pass break up from Hurts to Ward. He's had a great camp.

Two articles here discussing topics that are highly debated in this blog.  

3 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Who's going to get hyped the most for a big camp? I'm talking players that we know stink. Obviously if we hear Smith or Lane looks good there's a chance it's accurate.

Hurts

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

I think the Hurts hype train is going to be up there.  His style of play is perfect for the TC play of the day.....Hurts scrambles around for 10 seconds and finds someone who shook free.  Going to see A LOT of that.  We're also going to get an overwhelming, most likely annoying DeVonte Smith lovefest.  You saw it in the mini camp when he made a jogging one handed catch...

- I think Tyree Jackson is going to have some mismatches going against the Eagles 3rd/4th string defense and has the chance to make some big plays thus creating serious hype.  Also a hope of mine that he can develop.  We really need someone with big play potential at TE2/3.

-Same goes for Milton Williams.  His athletic ability should help him dominate the bottom of the roster O-Lineman.

-As far as players who stink.  Davion Taylor is going to look fast.  My guess is he is a prime candidate for a guy who packed on 20 lbs. over the winter and is ready....yet still has no clue how to play LB.

43 minutes ago, Swoop said:

JJAW and Dillard 

Good breakdown of the LT battle. IMO, I really don't see how Mailata loses out.  I think the mental side of the game is so important and it's been long discussed about Dillard and where his head is.  Mailata's got the mental makeup of a 10-year veteran whereas it still feels like Dillard is a kid trying to figure out if he loves football.  That's going to go a long way in terms of being successful in the NFL and in Philly.

7 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Media Marketing and fake news propaganda has already started this. 

Shaun Bradley. New talent, finally healthy, knows the system, Jon Gannon loves him, blah blah blah and he ends up getting cut. 

Are you kidding me with the media marketing?

When eagles media release a pic to market the eagles hurts is regularly left off it.

As far Fake news? Get outta here with that trash, this isnt Fox news.

An organization's job is to market their product to generate a profit, that's not propaganda that's just plain ole marketing.

Quick shout out to O.G. Adam Caplan "one of the first bloggers ever on. the. internet.

:roll:

Archived