EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

27 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Id swap Fulgham. Both have shown promise at times but done little. I think in the end Washington ends up better. I bet he can beat Ward for the slot job.  

I think Fulgham is the current number 2 receiver.  

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  Why even engage?

I really wanted to use that rock gif 

39 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

He's an underrated WR in a crowded WR room. He's worth a look.

//

Allen is worth it. He's probably the most talented QB in the league. Exceptionally athletic and unbelievable arm. Only concern for me is that he is still a bit too reckless. Great player though.

38 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Id swap Fulgham. Both have shown promise at times but done little. I think in the end Washington ends up better. I bet he can beat Ward for the slot job.  

I'd send Seumalo to the Steelers for him.  Herbig can hold down LG until Dickerson is ready.

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Wow. Not sure what Buffalo is thinking on this one. Allen was phenomenal last year, but was pretty bad the other 2 years. And he's still under contract for the next two years. 

I have always liked allen since he’s come out of Wyoming. Way more than most but i feel like Buffalo shouldve let this play out til after the season. I get he was going to cut off contract extension talk at the start of the season. If he had two back to back consistently good to great seasons I’d have been all in on doing so. I feel like with the fifth year option even if he was awesome again this year you are giving him a massive deal anyway. I don’t think this was a dak type situation cause Dak you had to franchise at the end of his fourth year. 

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

I'd send Seumalo to the Steelers for him.  Herbig can hold down LG until Dickerson is ready.

We wouldn't need to trade our starting LG to get him. He's probably going to bring back a 4th at best.

Idk feels like bad value for seumalo. In a league desperate for quality oline giving up a solid WR for a above average OL is in the Steelers favor. 

54 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Who the F is Franklin Jefferson?  :whistle:

"Frankly" :roll: 

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

H E double hockey sticks no.

Why on earth would we or anyone else trade anything of real value for Washington? He’s a FA to be and is behind Ray-Ray McLeod. 

15 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Wow. Not sure what Buffalo is thinking on this one. Allen was phenomenal last year, but was pretty bad the other 2 years. And he's still under contract for the next two years. 

Howie has opened a new door to eating millions of dollars in cap hit. People don't have to worry about looking like fools anymore

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I have always liked allen since he’s come out of Wyoming. Way more than most but i feel like Buffalo shouldve let this play out til after the season. I get he was going to cut off contract extension talk at the start of the season. If he had two back to back consistently good to great seasons I’d have been all in on doing so. I feel like with the fifth year option even if he was awesome again this year you are giving him a massive deal anyway. I don’t think this was a dak type situation cause Dak you had to franchise at the end of his fourth year. 

Yea, same. He's worth it if he plays like he did last year, just feels like they were in a rush to make him the second highest paid QB in the league. Even if he had another all-pro year this year I don't think his contract goes up much more than what they just gave him. 

That Bills/Texans game from 2019 was one of the best playoff games I've ever seen just because of how reckless Allen was lol. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Why on earth would we or anyone else trade anything of real value for Washington? He’s a FA to he and is behind Ray-Ray McLeod. 

You look at 2019 when he had a bigger role before Chase Claypool came along and he averaged nearly 17 yards on 44 catches.  Could be a serious deep threat.

Maybe not my initial offer of Seumalo but just trying to think of who we have that is A. expendable and B. has value.  

You look at 2019 when he had a bigger role before Chase Claypool came along and he averaged nearly 17 yards on 44 catches.  Could be a serious deep threat.

Maybe not my initial offer of Seumalo but just trying to think of who we have that is A. expendable and B. has value.  

Draft picks

50 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

meh. we have enough wide receivers that stink

Just now, greend said:

Let's revisit this statement mid season.

Just now, greend said:

Washington would probably be WR2 on this team

Washington is a perfect fit for this team. An outside WR who could start opposite Smith at a cost of $1m this year. Could probably trade the Washington 5th to get him.

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea, same. He's worth it if he plays like he did last year, just feels like they were in rush to make him the second highest paid QB in the league. Even if he had another all-pro year this year I don't think his contract goes up much more than what they just gave him. 

That Bills/Texans game from 2019 was one of the best playoff games I've ever seen just because of how reckless Allen was lol. 

They didn’t have to rush into it because they still had another year left on the contract at the end of the 2021 season even if he plays like an MVP level again. He couldn’t just leave or be franchised. That 5th year option was huge point in the bills favor because even if he went out and played great they’d have given him a massive contract anyways. This really wasn’t a  Dak Prescott type situation or heading in that direction. The 5th year option prevented something like that from happening unless they just once again went into the season next year without wanting to pay him. Which feels like that would’ve never happened 

Let Reagor and Hightower get the snaps.  Don't need to bring in a one year rental who we won't re-sign.  Let's see what the younger guys can do so we have a better idea where we are next year.

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

Let Reagor and Hightower get the snaps.  Don't need to bring in a one year rental who we won't re-sign.  Let's see what the younger guys can do so we have a better idea where we are next year.

No thanks on Hightower. And why won't he be re-signed?

19 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

That's because you're a Steelers fan.  

1 minute ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

No thanks on Hightower. And why won't he re-sign?

We just drafted receiver back to back with our first round picks.  It would be foolish to then sign a WR as a free agent.  Let Watkins, Reagor, Hightower play and see what they have.

11 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Let's revisit this statement mid season.

You think we will be demanding another underperforming WR at that point? 

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

That's because you're a Steelers fan.  

Bacarty approves of this deal 

Archived