EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

7 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

We do?

No. All you hear and see is Sirianni or Petullo coaching up WRs.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

No. All you hear and see is Sirianni or Petullo coaching up WRs.

Yeah, considering Sirianni kept Moorehead hanging for so long, it sure seems like he had to settle. I could see Sirianni move on after this season. 

1 hour ago, 315Eagles said:

You can say that about Agholor as well and he was good for 1 or 2 years with us.

Just like Agholor I wonder how Reagor is between the ears.

Yeah Agholor wasted it.  He's what 7 years in now? He is what he is. 

I'm a Reagor believer though.  I have faith he turns out good.  My faith remains strong heading into year 2.

13 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Yeah Agholor wasted it.  He's what 7 years in now? He is what he is. 

I'm a Reagor believer though.  I have faith he turns out good.  My faith remains strong heading into year 2.

I believe if we drafted Jefferson he would have had a bad year. I believe if Reagor went to the vikings he would have killed it. Howie should be fired but our old coaching staff was terrible at developing talent.

EDIT: i can’t even blame Howie. How are you suppose to draft well when every one of them isn’t being developed right? 

37 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

In fairness Moorhead was here last year and agholor’s best year came with groh who was actually a good WR coach. Also Greg ward has done a solid job in KC and was here in 2016. Really ward got a raw deal as agholor is the only one who’s still in the league doing anything right now on that team (matthews is but is likely cut when 53 man roster comes out)

Just because Groh was an OC doesn’t mean he can’t get in a receivers ear. Siri seems to be on them. Whether they pan out or not is another story, but we didn’t really hear this much about teaching with Doug. 

19 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Just because Groh was an OC doesn’t mean he can’t get in a receivers ear. Siri seems to be on them. Whether they pan out or not is another story, but we didn’t really hear this much about teaching with Doug. 

groh was the wrs coach in 2017. So they had a good one in 2017. He was very good at that job. He might have stunk as an OC and not able to solely focus on Wrs as a OC but he was well respected before coming here as a Wr coach. I’d argue he got the most out of agholor and even jeffery that year coming off his suspension from Chicago. 

the issue was more they should’ve left groh as wrs coach where he has excelled 

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

The talent is there. 

Typical you’re going to splooge over something one of your favorite players does in practice but won’t give Nick Foles credit for being the super bowl mvp. 

keep rubbing one off to your agenda 

Sure it’s preseason, sure most of these guys won’t have a job in a month, but the Cowboys losing gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

25 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

I believe if we drafted Jefferson he would have had a bad year. I believe if Reagor went to the vikings he would have killed it. Howie should be fired but our old coaching staff was terrible at developing talent.

EDIT: i can’t even blame Howie. How are you suppose to draft well when every one of them isn’t being developed right? 

Not sure if he would have killed it.  Most likely he would have done better than he did here but that's not saying much.

5 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I'm sorry you're comparing apples and oranges, there's a world of difference between the recall of a woman being held down and raped in a dark alley or unfamiliar surroundings and someone in their own home or a well lit hotel room with a famous NFL QB who can't acted them for a massage. plus you'll have financial records of a massage fee, hotel room bookings, his phone or email records will demonstrate prior contact and where he was. 

They've got 8-10 women giving largely consistent accounts of a pattern of behaviour. 

The idea that's all mistaken identity or faulty recall is pie in the sky stuff 

Huh.  I am talking about Innocence Project cases of rape in the woman’s own home.  

13 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I actually liked the sirianni hire especially cause it wasn’t mcdaniels. but also i think he’s going to be a good teacher for young players. I’m pretty sure it was a huge point in their hiring of him (besides also very young and still can control behind the scenes on some things). I don’t know if it works because i don’t know if the eagles will provide him enough talent or if Hurts is capable of being better than a top 15 QB (if that—believe that’s his ceiling) to reach where the eagles want  

the only thing that bothers me with him is some of the things he’s said in pressers. I have to imagine he gets better at it as time goes on. I do expect growing pains over the next year and maybe even next year. 

2 hours ago, manz2821 said:

Screw Miami. I hope they go 0-17. 😀

I'd settle for 1-16, as long as the one win is against the Giants.

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I actually liked the sirianni hire especially cause it wasn’t mcdaniels. but also i think he’s going to be a good teacher for young players. I’m pretty sure it was a huge point in their hiring of him (besides also very young and still can control behind the scenes on some things). I don’t know if it works because i don’t know if the eagles will provide him enough talent or if Hurts is capable of being better than a top 15 QB (if that—believe that’s his ceiling) to reach where the eagles want  

the only thing that bothers me with him is some of the things he’s said in pressers. I have to imagine he gets better at it as time goes on. I do expect growing pains over the next year and maybe even next year. 

He may or may not be a good HC, but I love how he’s handled Reagor the past two days. He ripped him a new one and then made a point to celebrate what he called a perfect bench route. It feels like he had his finger on the pulse there and knew Reagor needed that moment. 

Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but it really stuck out to me. 

1 minute ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I'd settle for 1-16, as long as the one win is against the Giants.

Nah. They can beat the Colts. 

34 minutes ago, greggpall said:

Found this article about the Eagles draft rank over the last five years

https://nypost.com/2020/04/11/nfl-draft-five-year-analysis-best-and-worst-teams-picks/

Pretty impressive to finish 32 as that didn’t even include the 2020 class which hasn’t been all that good. I can’t wait to hear the spin of they didn’t have many picks so it’s why they didn’t hit as much. 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Pretty impressive to finish 32 as that didn’t even include the 2020 class which hasn’t been all that good. I can’t wait to hear the spin of they didn’t have many picks so it’s why they didn’t hit as much. 

Wentzs fault, clearly 

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He may or may not be a good HC, but I love how he’s handled Reagor the past two days. He ripped him a new one and then made a point to celebrate what he called a perfect bench route. It feels like he had his finger on the pulse there and knew Reagor needed that moment. 

Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but it really stuck out to me. 

Nah. They can beat the Colts. 

No i feel the same way. I like doug but I don’t think doug is the coach you want to develop young players. I think he’s better if given a veteran team and not a young team in need of development. It’s been bad drafting by the Eagles but the coaching wasn’t good enough to coach up the young players. They go hand in hand. Sirianni might fail as a head coach but i do think the young players will be taught better than under doug. This isn’t to bash doug i just think with a veteran team sprinkled in with some younger guys is where he would specialize in. Developing isn’t his strong suit 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Wentzs fault, clearly 

Idk this goes back all the way to mcnabb. F it’s Ben Simmons fault. That  Vegemite b**** wich   

i don’t know if glazer is accurate on this but Lol if the Texans still think watson will want to play for them 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

i don’t know if glazer is accurate on this but Lol if the Texans still think watson will want to play for them 

Ummm Glazer is either getting played like a fiddle or getting a check from Easterby to even suggest the Texans think he’ll play for them. The Texans are the ones bs’ing around putting him at S and holding him out when practices become padded. 

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Ummm Glazer is either getting played like a fiddle or getting a check from Easterby to even suggest the Texans think he’ll play for them. The Texans are the ones bs’ing around putting him at S and holding him out when practices become padded. 

Normally I’d say a organization would know he’s not gonna play there. But i could totally see the Texans believing they can convince him to still want to be there.  

Archived