EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

It'll be an interesting few weeks for Fulgham. Can he mentally turn on and not pout as a PS member?  There will be opportunities for those with the right attitude

There are add ons for some browser that can hide some of the Twitter spam. Just depends on the browser you are using

Nah, unfortunately it's not any sort of ad...it's part of the twitter format under the trending section.

At least as far as I know. 

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my "issue" with Goedert. I keep hearing how he's a slam dunk top ten tight end. I disagree. I also keep hearing that he wouldn't fetch what he's worth in a trade. Which is it? If he's a top ten tight end that people keep saying he is then we could certainly get good value for him.

Speaking of top ten, I keep hearing that Goedert would've showcased this status if not being blocked by Ertz. We'll ignore that we as a team have force fed TEs for the last several years and focus on the fact that he was TE1 this past season. 

He was 17th in targets, 16th in receptions, 16 in yards and 26th in touchdowns. Now I know he was out for a bit, but availability is important as well and Goedert has had his time on the injury report. 

Let's also add that Richard Rodgers, career nobody, provided 2/3s of Goedert's numbers in 4 starts.

Now I'm assuming Goedert wants north of 10/per. Basing this off of Hooper, who's a good, but not great TE. Given our cap, potential 15 million (roughly) in first rounders alone next draft (assuming we have three), I'd rather not chew up another 10ish million for Goedert. 

I like Goedert. Good player. Don't want to give him away for peanuts, but I don't think the notion of trading him is as ludicrous as it's being made out.

2 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Here's my "issue" with Goedert. I keep hearing how he's a slam dunk top ten tight end. I disagree. I also keep hearing that he wouldn't fetch what he's worth in a trade. Which is it? If he's a top ten tight end that people keep saying he is then we could certainly get good value for him.

Speaking of top ten, I keep hearing that Goedert would've showcased this status if not being blocked by Ertz. We'll ignore that we as a team have force fed TEs for the last several years and focus on the fact that he was TE1 this past season. 

He was 17th in targets, 16th in receptions, 16 in yards and 26th in touchdowns. Now I know he was out for a bit, but availability is important as well and Goedert has had his time on the injury report. 

Let's also add that Richard Rodgers, career nobody, provided 2/3s of Goedert's numbers in 4 starts.

Now I'm assuming Goedert wants north of 10/per. Basing this off of Hooper, who's a good, but not great TE. Given our cap, potential 15 million (roughly) in first rounders alone next draft (assuming we have three), I'd rather not chew up another 10ish million for Goedert. 

I like Goedert. Good player. Don't want to give him away for peanuts, but I don't think the notion of trading him is as ludicrous as it's being made out.

How do you think Hurts projects when he switches to TE?

@Bacarty2 has taken his betting antics to another thread.

12 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Sounds like a bet since you're doubting my prediction 

100 the skins have a better D than the Eagles

100 the cowboys have a better O than the Eagles. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

I'd say about as well as Tebow, but we have to consider the drip factor.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

2 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I'd say about as well as Tebow, but we have to consider the drop factor.

If he can catch the ball, should have some good RAC ability.

21 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

It's early, but I'm really encouraged by this staff's intense focus on player development. Positive, drastic departure from what the last staff was doing.

To give some credit to the previous staff their goal post SB was to maintain, not rebuild. Which obviously was a mistake in retrospect but I understand it at least at the time.

But overall yeah I agree. Wilson, Fulgham, Hightower, Awosika, Huntley, Stevens, Riley, Opeta, Arnold, Williams are all solid PS projects for a rebuilding team. 

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If he can catch the ball, should have some good RAC ability.

Minshew to Hurts. The swag factor would make opponents quit the night before.

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@Bacarty2 has taken his betting antics to another thread.

Let's bet him 1000 dollars he can't go the next 50 years without posting here.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So you pull him over hear by tagging him?  :wacko:

He has me on ignore and can't see it, and I will bet $1000 he cant ignore me.

5 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Minshew to Hurts. The swag factor would make opponents quit the night before.

How i Imagine the swag meeting going 

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So where is his contract extension then ................................

NFL's highest paid tight ends (average salary per year):

• 1. 49ers TE George Kittle: $15 million
  • 2.  Chiefs TE Travis Kelce: $14.3 million
  • 3. Patriots TE Jonnu Smith: $12.5 million
  • 3. Patriots TE Hunter Henry: $12.5 million
  • 5. Browns TE Austin Hooper: $10.5 million
  • 6. Eagles TE Zach Ertz: $8.5 million
  • 7. Falcons TE Kyle Pitts: $8.2 million
  • 8. Buccaneers TE Rob Gronkowski: $8 million
  • 8. Bears TE Jimmy Graham: $8 million
  • 10. Raiders TE Darren Waller: $7.5 million

Depends what Goedert's agent is asking for.  Judging by the list above he's likely looking for Smith/Henry money at @ $12.5M AAV.  His production fits right in between those two; same age range and both those guys just signed. 

At that price he's got to be the #1 target in the offense along with Devonta Smith.  Do the Eagles see him as that type of player?  Does Nick's offense ideally feature the WR group, or can a TE be a #1 or 2 target?

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He has me on ignore and can't see it, and I will bet $1000 he cant ignore me.

Yeah?! Well, I'LL bet YOU whatever dollar amount that he's seen more Steelers games than I have.

With Ertz staying I'm a little curious if Goedert will be back on the burner or can Nick and Hurts distribute the targets better

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Corey, come on man

He must be desperate 

That practice squad is the same crap. You're telling me they couldn't put waivers in on some new and better players? This organization just sucks 

4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Whats he getting paid down there? 990K I'd do a lot of crap for 990K a year

I bet you wouldn't 

40 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Maybe she got the shots in Philly. You know we screw up names like Sidney to Sydney and lurie to Laurie. Moderna to Maderna

200.gif

7 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Whats he getting paid down there? 990K I'd do a lot of crap for 990K a year

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

That practice squad is the same crap. You're telling me they couldn't put waivers in on some new and better players? This organization just sucks 

Just be patient. They will sign a young and exciting player like Joe Ostman soon enough. 

25 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Corey, come on man

It’s ok this got me through the pandemic at times 

F4C7993E-4BA3-4E31-814F-10624CB8B79C.jpeg

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

That's fair.  But I still want to churn some new WR blood... maybe a guy with return ability.  Maybe a guy like Antonio Gandy-Golden.  I don't know.  I just don't see how a team with such limited talent at WR can't find one guy worth bringing in from another team's cuts.

The answer may be Smith, Reagor, Watkins are already 1,2,3 so you are really looking at upgrading 4 or 5 with other failed #6 WRs. Better the JAG I know than…….

29 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Corey, come on man

Not quite Harold Carmichael heading to Dallas, but still very sad to see.

Archived