EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

4 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

If only JJAW were a JAG.  He'd have to improve to reach 'JAG' status.  

My suspicion is under Sirianni, that he achieves that goal.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Corey, come on man

After all the crappy former Cowboys we've had to endure, they can enjoy a former Eagle with absolutely nothing left in the tank.

5 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

JJAW achieving JAG status would mean that one of the top 3 WRs falls to perform or stay healthy.  Otherwise, he'll be on the bench and we'll all continue to complain that he's not even a JAG.

8 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

After all the crappy former Cowboys we've had to endure, they can enjoy a former Eagle with absolutely nothing left in the tank.

And so begins Corey Clements return to greatness. That would be our luck.  

Just now, bpac55 said:

And so begins Corey Clements return to greatness. That would be our luck.  

Naw his legs are done. He’d be the Giants #2 if he was even close to 2017

12 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

JJAW achieving JAG status would mean that one of the top 3 WRs falls to perform or stay healthy.  Otherwise, he'll be on the bench and we'll all continue to complain that he's not even a JAG.

Maybe, or maybe Sirianni uses him like Pascal, utilizing his blocking initially then when the defense ignores him throwing him the ball.  JAG is not a high bar.

20 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

High bar for a 2nd round pick.

8 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

There you go @Iggles_Phan.   You wanted a new WR and got one.

More productive each year in the league than JJAW has been in both his years combined.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

High bar for a 2nd round pick.

Nah, 2nd no longer matters.  Frankly pick value only matters in compensation and cost on the day of the draft.  After that it is what have you done for me lately a bit (evaluation against others on the 53 and 46) and more importantly what are you going to do for me next Sunday.  The Eagles drafted Pryor in the sixth and traded him and a seventh for a sixth.  Does that make Pryor worth a sixth?  Not to me.

5 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Maybe, or maybe Sirianni uses him like Pascal, utilizing his blocking initially then when the defense ignores him throwing him the ball.  JAG is not a high bar.

Thats doing Pascal a great disservice.  He'd have been the most productive WR on this roster over each of the last two years had he been here.  

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

More productive each year in the league than JJAW has been in both his years combined.

So he may fit your definition of a JAG replacement?

Just now, BigEFly said:

Nah, 2nd no longer matters.  Frankly pick value only matters in compensation and cost on the day of the draft.  After that it is what have you done for me lately a bit (evaluation against others on the 53 and 46) and more importantly what are you going to do for me next Sunday.  The Eagles drafted Pryor in the sixth and traded him and a seventh for a sixth.  Does that make Pryor worth a sixth?  Not to me.

When evaluating the GM, it matters. And I have little doubt that his draft status is why he msde this roster.  Howie is still involved in setting the 53.

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

So he may fit your definition of a JAG replacement?

Yes, he should be able to step in and beat out JJAW, if given a fair shake. 

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Thats doing Pascal a great disservice.  He'd have been the most productive WR on this roster over each of the last two years had he been here.  

Maybe I am doing Pascal a great disservice but I am not comparing JJAW to him but rather how Sirianni might use JJAW.  Then again, there may be no use for JJAW and he was just kept to soothe Howie’s ego for drafting him. (Only reason I can see for keeping Marlon T.).

But I have to.disagree with the belief that Pascal would have thrived here.  Doug went 12 and turned passing game coordination over to Press Taylor, who was elevated too highly for stealing "Philly Philly” from the archives of other coaches.  I have commented how Doug’s routes went downhill and became predictable when Reich left.  Gone were Chip’s mesh routes.  Gone was any separation to speak of.  If Pascal was here with Press and Doug, he would be another JAG.  

All slates are clean this year.  New offensive minds.  New defensive minds.  New opinions start forming in a week and a half.

18 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

When evaluating the GM, it matters. And I have little doubt that his draft status is why he msde this roster.  Howie is still involved in setting the 53.

I am not disagreeing about Howie.  At this point, JJAW is just one nail in Howie’s inability to evaluate from the draft coffin.  

Word's out on Fulgham that something's not right mentally with him. You don't flash like he did in 2020 and just for no reason not get picked up on waivers in 2021.

27 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Yes, he should be able to step in and beat out JJAW, if given a fair shake. 

Slower than any WR or RB on the roster or PS. Less agile than JJAW or Jack Stoll even.  Would not have been my choice for a pickup. 

Given the tornadoes around Philly, I hope everyone is alright. One was spotted around my community but I don’t think it touched down. Didn’t even make the local news.  

21 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I typically pay zero attention to any ranking system but this has to be a joke 

B6C33E83-9F45-4B88-A8F3-FCA6035507C4.jpeg

I think Dak is good but i wouldn’t have him ahead of anyone on that list if this is for 2021. Frankly he wouldn’t be top 6 imo if watson was gonna play this year. I’d probably go

1. Mahomes 

2. rodgers

3. Allen (career wise i wouldn’t have him here but based off last year and expectations i have for him this year) 

4. brady

5. Wilson (love Wilson but he really struggled second half of the year compared to the first half where he was mvp-esque)

6. Watson (if he were playing)

7. Dak 

8. Herbert (i like Herbert more than most to

put him at 8  )

9. Lamar jackson 

10. Stafford

i could be convinced otherwise at 9 and 10 but it’s down to basically Lamar, Stafford, Kyler murray and tannehill around that area. I chose Stafford at 10 cause i actually think in the Rams offense and not having an incompetent franchise will help him. 

17 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I typically pay zero attention to any ranking system but this has to be a joke 

B6C33E83-9F45-4B88-A8F3-FCA6035507C4.jpeg

Idk seems like a decent list to me outside of Brady & Prescott being too high. 

Archived