Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

1 minute ago, Devaster said:

Even if that were true the Hurts pick still makes no sense. Why not draft a backup that fits the scheme?

Because they were stupid and wanted 'Taysom Hill'.  Of course, Taysom Hill was a UDFA, not a 2nd round pick.  Just boneheaded by Howie and Co.  Everyone involved in that decision should have been fired already... but it won't happen.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, NOTW said:

👀

Interceptions last year were definitely an outlier.... Fumbles on the other hand oof.

7 hours ago, rickospia said:

You are wrong Wentz is no longer an Eagle & i back Hurts & the Eagles 100% !😂

Dearest Trollio.  If you really support the Eagles, you hope that Wentz stays healthy.  That's how we get a better pick, thus your negativity of that topic is not needed.  Try being a Posidelphian in the future on that topic. 

3 hours ago, Devaster said:

Even if that were true the Hurts pick still makes no sense. Why not draft a backup that fits the scheme?

3 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Because they were stupid and wanted 'Taysom Hill'.  Of course, Taysom Hill was a UDFA, not a 2nd round pick.  Just boneheaded by Howie and Co.  Everyone involved in that decision should have been fired already... but it won't happen.

You see I'm not buying either the Taysom Hill thing or the cheap controllable back up idea. 

Hurts was always seen as a project who may not be effective for the first year or so. Why give up a second round pick for a backup who you will probably only get 2 years out of (If he's good then realistically you have to trade him after year 3). There are plenty of relatively cheap capable veteran QBs who can fill that role. 

I always maintain that Hurts was drafted because a) Howie didn't believe in Wentz due to injuries or inconsistent play and/or b) because they thought he was the next Russell Wilson (who they claim they wanted bad when they took Foles).

He was a plan B and not a backup. Wentz knew it - and that's why he acted the way he did.

It's also why I've always said that Howie should be judged on Hurts. If he's not the guy by the end of the season, it's time for Howie to be accountable and be sacked and give somebody else those 3 firsts.

16 minutes ago, rickospia said:

Just stating a fact if he gets hurt so be it that is his history live with it !

Trollio, you stated that he would get hurt, not "if he does".  Clearly, the English language isn't your strong suit.  Live with it.

4 hours ago, Devaster said:

See below.

4 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

4 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

You see I'm not buying either the Taysom Hill thing or the cheap controllable back up idea. 

Hurts was always seen as a project who may not be effective for the first year or so. Why give up a second round pick for a backup who you will probably only get 2 years out of (If he's good then realistically you have to trade him after year 3). There are plenty of relatively cheap capable veteran QBs who can fill that role. 

I always maintain that Hurts was drafted because a) Howie didn't believe in Wentz due to injuries or inconsistent play and/or b) because they thought he was the next Russell Wilson (who they claim they wanted bad when they took Foles).

He was a plan B and not a backup. Wentz knew it - and that's why he acted the way he did.

It's also why I've always said that Howie should be judged on Hurts. If he's not the guy by the end of the season, it's time for Howie to be accountable and be sacked and give somebody else those 3 firsts.

Hurts had a good college career, and getting off to a mediocre start to his NFL career.  I've seen nothing from him on the field which to me justifies investing the time, effort and capital to develop him over several years.

1 hour ago, Procus said:

Hurts had a good college career, and getting off to a mediocre start to his NFL career.  I've seen nothing from him on the field which to me justifies investing the time, effort and capital to develop him over several years.

He had an okay college career. Wasn't able to handle the role at Alabama and lost his job to Tua in the most important game of his career. Went to a scheme that anyone can flourish in and was decent. My own personal opinion is that I never viewed Hurts as a legitimate NFL caliber QB based on what I saw of him in college. He can still prove me wrong, but the issues in college persist in the NFL.

5 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

2nd rounders aren't cheap controllable backups either. And spending a 2nd round pick on "Taysom Hill" also makes no sense. I think you may be on to something.

5 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

You're right. Also one aspect Howie said was an "asset" to trade, referencing trading QBs in the past like Feeley, Kolb or Bradford.

9 hours ago, Devaster said:

How on earth did we get in a position to be the #1 seed in 2017?

Beating a lot of bad teams with losing records. 

6 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Well I really hope this isn’t true, because it will mean that Hurts will get every opportunity to succeed even while he’s failing. There are plenty of things to judge Howie on and he keeps escaping the wrath. He will survive Hurts. To me the bigger issue is giving Wentz that contract only having to dump him a accrue a major cap hit. Another big issue is the constant restructuring that forces this team to keep older players. Not that his young draft selections are playing well enough anyway. The owner is giving Howie credit for wanting to draft guys he didn’t get a chance to pick. If he’s praising Howie for picks he didn’t even make nothing will ever get him fired. 

11 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Oh, I agree with you, but that was the lie we were sold.  Looks even more foolish now.  And the Russell Wilson thing... whoooo...  just such bad scouting.  Wilson has a great arm, Hurts has a noodle arm.  They are so night and day different.

6 hours ago, Devaster said:

He had an okay college career. Wasn't able to handle the role at Alabama and lost his job to Tua in the most important game of his career. Went to a scheme that anyone can flourish in and was decent. My own personal opinion is that I never viewed Hurts as a legitimate NFL caliber QB based on what I saw of him in college. He can still prove me wrong, but the issues in college persist in the NFL.

The issues in college are magnified in the NFL.

On 10/19/2021 at 2:32 PM, eglz1 said:

Being sqeaky clean -- and religious -- and a ginger -- are viewed by some as off field issues it seems.

Let's not forget about hunting , guns, and being from the country

12 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

You see this is the bit I have a problem with, if Wentz make up is such that his reaction to the team taking a second round QB is 'I'll show you...' by becoming the worst starting QB in the NFL then demanding a trade and not 'I'll show you...' by playing lights out and showing the form that  'sorta almost coulda been MVP in 2017' then that's 100% on him not Howie. If they'd traded up to take say Herbert at 6, Wentz has a case that the writings on the wall, but no one thought Hurts was coming in to compete as starter, Wentz benching and departure are Wentz fault.

18 hours ago, rickospia said:

Wentz has never won a big game in his life & never will .

The hate has blinded you. No Wentz no Super Bowl. Plain and simple 

5 minutes ago, rickospia said:

Go with him to the Colts if you love so much 😉

The tweet that just continues to prove the Carson Wentz injury narrative is so false

4 minutes ago, rickospia said:

The crybaby missed the biggest game of his life its good he did he would have folded under the pressure !

Who the hell are you newb ??

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Who the hell are you newb ??

From the looks of his profile pic, he's a Hurts humper

13 minutes ago, Godfather said:

From the looks of his profile pic, he's a Hurts humper

I forgot more about football & the Eagles then you will ever know, been a fan since 1960 & a season ticket holder for 30 years !

Just now, rickospia said:

I forgot more about football & the Eagles then you will ever know, been a fan since 1960 & a season ticket holder for 30 years !

You forgot about football? Cool story grandpa

Archived