Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

5 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

The eagles, as an organization, completely f------ up the whole season last year and pulled a move that usually only teams like cleveland or the jets do.

Drafting Hurts, with so many other important needs, was one of the most idiotic draft picks ever.  Simply no reason or excuse for such a ridiculous move.  You don't draft a backup QB in the 2nd round....and as we're seeing, Hurts still had/has a lot to learn.

And I believe something was wrong with Wentz last year......I think he still had some effects of that concussion and with the tension between him and Pedersen, the drafting of Hurts and the terrible play of the offensive line, Wentz just got worse and worse......and benching him just added gasoline to the fire.  

But there was no good solution last year......the damage was done.....Roseman's "i'm smarter than everybody else" attitude, Pedersen not knowing what to do about Wentz and Wentz's attitude all contributed to him being traded.  And with Pedersen being fired, and the possibility of the eagles drafting another QB last May, trading Wentz was really the best thing for him and the eagles.  Wentz had lost a ton of credibility with the team itself and with watching Sirianni, his play would not have improved.

I've been a defender of Howie Roseman for years......but the drafting of Hurts and the idiotic "QB factory" comment ended that for me.....it's clear to me that until Roseman is replaced, the eagles indeed are the "new" old browns......Roseman won't use the 3 1st round picks for needed talent.....he'll try to be "creative" by wheeling and dealing when in reality those 3 picks, if used correctly, could put the eagles back into contention.

At this point it is no longer about Howie. The curtain has been pulled back. Lurie is the one pulling all the strings. Howie is basically his enforcer. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

At this point it is no longer about Howie. The curtain has been pulled back. Lurie is the one pulling all the strings. Howie is basically his enforcer. 

Nope, there is no point complaining about Howie anymore he is what he is. For as horrible as he is at drafting, he isn't drafting crap players on purpose he is just bad at it. He isn't going to fire himself, so this all comes down to one man only, Lurie. Lurie changes the direction he wants the team to go every year so Howie drafts and hires or fires  coaches accordingly. Last year they wanted to go in the niners direction with 400 offensive coordinators and no running. 

Doug ran to much and didn't want to be told what to do anymore. So Lurie said welp that's not the direction I want to go in. I want all antalyics based coaching and antalyics told him passing the ball is the better way to go. Passing the ball 90% of the time was never done before so no one knows if it works or not.  So he hired a coach to put that in motion without question. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Nope, there is no point complaining about Howie anymore he is what he is. For as horrible as he is at drafting, he isn't drafting crap players on purpose he is just bad at it. He isn't going to fire himself, so this all comes down to one man only, Lurie. Lurie changes the direction he wants the team to go every year so Howie drafts and hires or fires  coaches accordingly. Last year they wanted to go in the niners direction with 400 offensive coordinators and no running. 

Doug ran to much and didn't want to be told what to do anymore. So Lurie said welp that's not the direction I want to go in. I want all antalyics based coaching and antalyics told him passing the ball is the better way to go. Passing the ball 90% of the time was never done before so no one knows if it works or not.  So he hired a coach to put that in motion without question. 

We are going to find out if all Lurie’s "accountability” talk is lip service or real at the end of this season. Chip and Doug were both fired after one losing season. Chip didn’t even finish the season and later we found out the reason for his firing wasn’t even the crap that was on the field. It was cause he skipped out on Lurie’s Christmas party. Ugh…. Anyways does Lurie sack Howie if the Eagles have back to back losing seasons? If he doesn’t then it’s clear to me that Howie is his buffer. The frontman for all of his meddling. 

41 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

We are going to find out if all Lurie’s "accountability” talk is lip service or real at the end of this season. Chip and Doug were both fired after one losing season. Chip didn’t even finish the season and later we found out the reason for his firing wasn’t even the crap that was on the field. It was cause he skipped out on Lurie’s Christmas party. Ugh…. Anyways does Lurie sack Howie if the Eagles have back to back losing seasons? If he doesn’t then it’s clear to me that Howie is his buffer. The frontman for all of his meddling. 

It's like my job I don't have the ability to fire anyone. It comes to a point where the people Im working with me and under me just aren't good enough so it's up to the people above me to fire them. My anger for them being crap workers eventually turns towards the people whose job it is to get rid of the weak links. They aren't going to fire themselves if they get away with being bad employees 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I find it hard to believe that Lurie is too involved with draft picks and FA signings but I'm sure he's very involved with hiring the head coach.

Lurie wants to win.....of that i'm sure.....he LOVED the national attention and media coverage when the eagles won the super bowl.  But Roseman has to be held accountable for the deterioration of the team since then.  And this year might be it......with 3 first round picks, 10 total picks and good cap space, the eagles could climb back into contention.

Lurie does have the power to do anything he wants......but even he has to realize that something besides changing the coaching staff has to be done.

Dear Carson, 

Stay healthy, keep playing, and keep losing.

Best wishes,

Eagles fans.

On 10/20/2021 at 3:33 PM, Devaster said:

How on earth did we get in a position to be the #1 seed in 2017?

Spoiler

GettyImages-120974374.0.jpg

21 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

I find it hard to believe that Lurie is too involved with draft picks and FA signings but I'm sure he's very involved with hiring the head coach.

Lurie wants to win.....of that i'm sure.....he LOVED the national attention and media coverage when the eagles won the super bowl.  But Roseman has to be held accountable for the deterioration of the team since then.  And this year might be it......with 3 first round picks, 10 total picks and good cap space, the eagles could climb back into contention.

Lurie does have the power to do anything he wants......but even he has to realize that something besides changing the coaching staff has to be done.

I really hope you’re right about Howie, but nothing has come out about Howie being on a hot seat or Lurie angry about his performance at all. Last year Luriemdefended questionable moves by Howie. I really doubt he’s going to be held accountable for anything. 

22 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It's like my job I don't have the ability to fire anyone. It comes to a point where the people Im working with me and under me just aren't good enough so it's up to the people above me to fire them. My anger for them being crap workers eventually turns towards the people whose job it is to get rid of the weak links. They aren't going to fire themselves if they get away with being bad employees 

Howie is where he is, because Lurie wants him there. If Lurie doesn’t want to fire Howie it’s because Howie is doing what Lurie wants him to do. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie is where he is, because Lurie wants him there. If Lurie doesn’t want to fire Howie it’s because Howie is doing what Lurie wants him to do. 

Hell of a riddle 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Hell of a riddle 

A riddle of purgatory for us fans. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah. Why in the world did we trade that!?!

So we can get more sheety players I reckon

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

So we can get more sheety players I reckon

You no like the Howie specials? 😂

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter how good or bad Wentz is. That little  b**ch baby didn't want to be here. He wanted to stamp his feet, take his ball, and go home.

1 hour ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter how good or bad Wentz is. That little  b**ch baby didn't want to be here. He wanted to stamp his feet, take his ball, and go home.

Not to mention he was injury prone, overpaid and played crappy. 

Shame they won. Hurts the draft position, but there's always next week for the Colts to screw up.

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

Shame they won. Hurts the draft position, but there's always next week for the Colts to screw up.

You want them lto have that feeling they’re still in the race for as long as possible.

Otherwise we’ll never get to see that first rounder.

As soon as they’re out of the running, they’ll start benching CW to preserve their first round pick.

4 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

You want them lto have that feeling they’re still in the race for as long as possible.

Otherwise we’ll never get to see that first rounder.

As soon as they’re out of the running, they’ll start benching CW to preserve their first round pick.

A good team wouldn't bench the QB. They would rather build chemistry and ensure Wentz feels certain that they value him. 

3 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Hard to blame him after looking at this joke of a FO. 

1 minute ago, mihailo said:

A good team wouldn't bench the QB. They would rather build chemistry and ensure Wentz feels certain that they value him. 

You really think they keep starting Wentz if they have no shot at the division title or the play-offs ? Think again! If they’re out with a couple of games to go they either bench CW or fake an injury to preserve that first rounder. We’ll never get to see it once they’re out and in position to get CW under those 70 % of the snaps taken. Never ever ever...

Just now, Ray75 said:

You really think they keep starting Wentz if they have no shot at the division title or the play-offs ? Think again! If they’re out with a couple of games to go they either bench CW or fake an injury to preserve that first rounder. We’ll never get to see it once they’re out and in position to get CW under those 70 % of the snaps taken. Never ever ever...

I disagree. 

Archived