Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

6 minutes ago, Devaster said:

As long as he doesn't get injured we are getting that 1st rounder. Thinking anything else is crazy conspiracy level thinking.

Wentz has been a good player when healthy and when Reich was here coaching. Was also a bit crazy to give up completely on Wentz after one bad season.

The Eagles didn’t give up on Wentz. He gave up on them. Would you prefer the debacle the Sixers are going through right now instead? He didn’t want to be here. End of story. Frankly considering the situation at the time the fact they are in a position to get a first is a success. What matters at this point for the Eagles is Wentz keeps playing, but the team isn’t good quite good enough. Wishing Wentz was here and his 35-32 record as a starter is pointless. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Devaster said:

The only problem with this is that Wentz missed the playoffs numerous years. I don't think the injury narrative is always accurate with him, but he missed three playoff runs I think if my memory is correct. That only tells us how many games were missed in the regular season, but not how many were missed or were missed opportunities due to the team not being able to continue playing at a high enough level to go deeper into the playoffs.

Missing the playoffs doesn't matter for our pick though. That's the point. 

I keep noticing the Wentz sack suckers seem to be trying to push this narrative that the Eagles have somehow wronged Wentz. Please tell me how? Was it them dumping the SB MVP and choosing him over Foles? Was it them giving him that big contract before he could prove he could stay healthy and consistent? Was it them investing so much money and picks on the offensive line and at wide receiver? Was it them keeping the guy he personally liked as his QB coach? Was it them in 2019 making sure there was no backup quarterback threat to him only for him to once again miss a key playoff game? Was it them not trading him to Chicago when the reports were they clearly had a better offer on the table, but Wentz preferred not to go there? Was it them granting his request to be traded at all? Where’s the big wrong to Wentz? 🤔

The funniest thing here is the Wentz kiss his arse club are acting like this dude got the Cults undefeated. They’re 2-4 too. 😂🤣😂

15 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

You see this is the bit I have a problem with, if Wentz make up is such that his reaction to the team taking a second round QB is 'I'll show you...' by becoming the worst starting QB in the NFL then demanding a trade and not 'I'll show you...' by playing lights out and showing the form that  'sorta almost coulda been MVP in 2017' then that's 100% on him not Howie. If they'd traded up to take say Herbert at 6, Wentz has a case that the writings on the wall, but no one thought Hurts was coming in to compete as starter, Wentz benching and departure are Wentz fault.

Yeah don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that Wentz’s reaction was in anyway acceptable. The Packers completely disrespected Rodgers with the Love pick. Rodgers response was an MVP season. But it was clear that Wentz knew he was no longer absolutely safe as QB1.

Why I think Howie should be judged on it is his overall record and neglect of the D over the past few years. He is nowhere near as bad as people make out, but his drafting is at best below average and for me that combined with the Wentz contract and Hurts in the second if he doesn’t work out, means we should move on.

8 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Yeah don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that Wentz’s reaction was in anyway acceptable. The Packers completely disrespected Rodgers with the Love pick. Rodgers response was an MVP season. But it was clear that Wentz knew he was no longer absolutely safe as QB1.

Why I think Howie should be judged on it is his overall record and neglect of the D over the past few years. He is nowhere near as bad as people make out, but his drafting is at best below average and for me that combined with the Wentz contract and Hurts in the second if he doesn’t work out, means we should move on.

Neglect of D, incompetence with WRs, failures in draft, poor contract structures, bad trades...  It's a long list. 

Those 'resources' at WR referenced by EZ were the old and busted WRs (Desean and Alshon), JJAW and Reagor...  that is supposed to impress people?

20 hours ago, rickospia said:

I forgot more about football & the Eagles then you will ever know, been a fan since 1960 & a season ticket holder for 30 years !

And a troll since Oct 3rd.  You'll get no more attention from me.

Never understood the hate for Wentz or the Hate for Foles. We won a SB and both were a HUGE part of that. 

People who literally have such hatred for either of these guys have an agenda outside of Football. Yes Wentz got injured, yes he did not play well in 2020, and yes he handled the Hurts  drafting poorly, but in 2020 the team was really bad, sooooo? And yes Foles was a very streaky player who we were lucky he got Hot for a few games including the SB. So what?

But to hear people post about Wentz, you would think he stole their wife, that the guy is the worst human being on the planet. He is clearly living rent free in many peoples heads.  "Lets Go Brandon"  LOL

I mean yeah I dont like Hurts as my starting QB because his play sucks, but I dont hate they guy, I dont root against him,  nor do I hate those who like him. I hope he improves and proves me wrong even though I seriously doubt he is capable. 

On 10/22/2021 at 7:23 AM, greend said:

And a troll since Oct 3rd.  You'll get no more attention from me.

Wentz record as a starting QB was 35-32 with the Eagles enough said !🤭

On 10/20/2021 at 5:59 PM, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Dearest Trollio.  If you really support the Eagles, you hope that Wentz stays healthy.  That's how we get a better pick, thus your negativity of that topic is not needed.  Try being a Posidelphian in the future on that topic. 

Unicorn population > Posidelphian population

😉

12 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I think Howie Roseman is a millstone round the neck of this team and has been for 5 or 6 years, he's already made the Eagles HC job a poisoned chalice after undermining the last 2 coaches with the owner, but Wentz **** reaction to the drafting of Hurts is the one thing I can't blame him for.

36 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I think Howie Roseman is a millstone round the neck of this team and has been for 5 or 6 years, he's already made the Eagles HC job a poisoned chalice after undermining the last 2 coaches with the owner, but Wentz **** reaction to the drafting of Hurts is the one thing I can't blame him for.

I can, this team had way too many holes to invest a 2nd rd pick in a future Back up QB. Wentz and the team needed help in 2020, and there were plenty of players avail who actually would have helped in 2020.     

Yeah Wentz may be thin skinned, but we didn't need to Draft Hurts, at all. And that was Howies doing. 

9 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

I can, this team had way too many holes to invest a 2nd rd pick in a future Back up QB. Wentz and the team needed help in 2020, and there were plenty of players avail who actually would have helped in 2020.     

Yeah Wentz may be thin skinned, but we didn't need to Draft Hurts, at all. And that was Howies doing. 

We have a winner. Agree totally 

44 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Yes and no. I still think to this day the drafting of Hurts as a backup was a mistake, but Wentz getting injured (again) in a playoff game forced Howie’s hand. They were out there relying on an over 40 quarterback with a torn Hammy while their expensive franchise guy was not there. Backup quarterback was a need for sure, because Howie couldn’t afford to sign another backup. I think he should’ve waited to the third or later to make that move however. He could’ve also did like he did this season and gave up a pick for a guy like Minshew. The position was certainly a need, but no way for a 2nd round pick. Knowing what he already knew about Wentz and the well documented issues he’s had with his backups and teammates he should’ve had the foresight to think this dude wasn’t mentally strong enough to handle the situation. The Packers used a first on a quarterback, and Rodgers went out there and had an MVP season. The Patriots used a 2nd on Jimmy G and Brady played so well they had to trade him or else. Wentz crapped the bed and fell apart. That’s one of the biggest reason why I think it’s funny people think this guy would be okay with sitting down for a backup just to preserve a pick. That dude doesn’t have the right kind of mental makeup for that. It’s clear by all the stories that have come out that the Eagles don’t believe much in Hurts though and that’s why they’re desperately involved in the Watson stuff. One would have hoped all of this should’ve gotten Howie fired, but when you think about how the owner basically drafted JJAW it becomes clear this organization as a whole are clueless on what to do with 2nd round picks. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yes and no. I still think to this day the drafting of Hurts as a backup was a mistake, but Wentz getting injured (again) in a playoff game forced Howie’s hand. They were out there relying on an over 40 quarterback with a torn Hammy while their expensive franchise guy was not there. Backup quarterback was a need for sure, because Howie couldn’t afford to sign another backup. I think he should’ve waited to the third or later to make that move however. He could’ve also did like he did this season and gave up a pick for a guy like Minshew. The position was certainly a need, but no way for a 2nd round pick. Knowing what he already knew about Wentz and the well documented issues he’s had with his backups and teammates he should’ve had the foresight to think this dude wasn’t mentally strong enough to handle the situation. The Packers used a first on a quarterback, and Rodgers went out there and had an MVP season. The Patriots used a 2nd on Jimmy G and Brady played so well they had to trade him or else. Wentz crapped the bed and fell apart. That’s one of the biggest reason why I think it’s funny people think this guy would be okay with sitting down for a backup just to preserve a pick. That dude doesn’t have the right kind of mental makeup for that. It’s clear by all the stories that have come out that the Eagles don’t believe much in Hurts though and that’s why they’re desperately involved in the Watson stuff. One would have hoped all of this should’ve gotten Howie fired, but when you think about how the owner basically drafted JJAW it becomes clear this organization as a whole are clueless on what to do with 2nd round picks. 

The entire offense fell apart around Wentz and Kelce.

1 hour ago, ShutDownDB said:

Sorry but if he’s as elite as the beanbaggers claim he is then he doesn’t put up the putrid numbers he did last season. 

49 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sorry but if he’s as elite as the beanbaggers claim he is then he doesn’t put up the putrid numbers he did last season. 

⬇️

2 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

⬇️

So he’s the only quarterback who ever lost players around him? Rodgers lost like 14 players on his team and he won the Super Bowl. Stop making excuses. 

23 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So he’s the only quarterback who ever lost players around him? Rodgers lost like 14 players on his team and he won the Super Bowl. Stop making excuses. 

Comparing Wentz to Rodgers is dumb, stop it.

Wentz is the only QB that had to deal with a record number of OL combinations. We're talking in NFL history here. In addition to that he had practice squad guys and dudes off the street at skill positions. So get outta here with your "it was all Wentz" nonsense. Yes there were a number of times he made things worse, I'm not absolving him of any blame, but to put everything that happened in 2020 on his shoulders is very smooth brain. 

Comparing Wentz to Rodgers is dumb, stop it.

Wentz is the only QB that had to deal with a record number of OL combinations. We're talking in NFL history here. In addition to that he had practice squad guys and dudes off the street at skill positions. So get outta here with your "it was all Wentz" nonsense. Yes there were a number of times he made things worse, I'm not absolving him of any blame, but to put everything that happened in 2020 on his shoulders is very smooth brain. 

Nobody wrote it’s all on Wentz. I wrote he’s not elite. Heck you’re all over here kissing his beanbag meanwhile he’s 2-4 just like the Eagles. He beat a hapless Miami team and an even more hapless Texans team while he has a better team and his personal favorite coach. Stop all this nonsense about saying how great a dude who never won a playoff game and is only 2 games over .500 as an Eagle. The excuses you clowns make for this dude is exhausting. 

54 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Nobody wrote it’s all on Wentz. I wrote he’s not elite. Heck you’re all over here kissing his beanbag meanwhile he’s 2-4 just like the Eagles. He beat a hapless Miami team and an even more hapless Texans team while he has a better team and his personal favorite coach. Stop all this nonsense about saying how great a dude who never won a playoff game and is only 2 games over .500 as an Eagle. The excuses you clowns make for this dude is exhausting. 

Who said he's elite? When did I talk about his greatness? Jesus man you’re making 💩 up just to argue. 

Maybe you should ignore this thread since you clearly cannot have a rational conversation about that bad bad man.

The eagles, as an organization, completely f------ up the whole season last year and pulled a move that usually only teams like cleveland or the jets do.

Drafting Hurts, with so many other important needs, was one of the most idiotic draft picks ever.  Simply no reason or excuse for such a ridiculous move.  You don't draft a backup QB in the 2nd round....and as we're seeing, Hurts still had/has a lot to learn.

And I believe something was wrong with Wentz last year......I think he still had some effects of that concussion and with the tension between him and Pedersen, the drafting of Hurts and the terrible play of the offensive line, Wentz just got worse and worse......and benching him just added gasoline to the fire.  

But there was no good solution last year......the damage was done.....Roseman's "i'm smarter than everybody else" attitude, Pedersen not knowing what to do about Wentz and Wentz's attitude all contributed to him being traded.  And with Pedersen being fired, and the possibility of the eagles drafting another QB last May, trading Wentz was really the best thing for him and the eagles.  Wentz had lost a ton of credibility with the team itself and with watching Sirianni, his play would not have improved.

I've been a defender of Howie Roseman for years......but the drafting of Hurts and the idiotic "QB factory" comment ended that for me.....it's clear to me that until Roseman is replaced, the eagles indeed are the "new" old browns......Roseman won't use the 3 1st round picks for needed talent.....he'll try to be "creative" by wheeling and dealing when in reality those 3 picks, if used correctly, could put the eagles back into contention.

2 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

But there was no good solution last year......the damage was done.....Roseman's "i'm smarter than everybody else" attitude, Pedersen not knowing what to do about Wentz and Wentz's attitude all contributed to him being traded

I didn't agree with your post until I read this part bud but now I do. There were many things that contributed to Wentz being trade. Wentz I think was the biggest issue but there were many factors and no doubt drafting Hurts played a key role. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I didn't agree with your post until I read this part bud but now I do. There were many things that contributed to Wentz being trade. Wentz I think was the biggest issue but there were many factors and no doubt drafting Hurts played a key role. 

I don’t think there was ever a him or me conversation between Wentz and the Eagles about Hurts. I think Wentz fairly early after his benching decided he wanted out of Philly. By the end of the season his resolve was clear. That’s why he stayed back at the end of that game on the field. He knew he’d never play again as an Eagles regardless of what they Eagles plans were. Howie has been bungling 2nd round picks for a long time and I’ve written for years that the Eagles early round pick philosophies are screwed up. They’re constantly drafting projects, hurt players, and backups with high picks. First and second round picks should be starting level players. Third round picks should be key contributors. You can afford to select players that need to be groomed when you have an elite level roster. The Eagles don’t and for a team that has had so many injury issues as them the past 6 years you would think they would steer clear of these types of players. What does Howie do? Pick another injured player in the second round this year too so he hasn’t changed. We should be very worried about what he does with these 2022 picks. 

Archived