EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, Godfather said:

Even with a shorthand Bucs team, Eagles will get smacked 

Kind of funny imagining Gannon's evergreen gameplan in that one -- "Be patient, force him to check down to slot receivers and RBs. Force him to sustain drives."

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

A lot

Steelers

Texans (unless they are sold on Mills)

Broncos

Redskins

Giants

Lions

Panthers

And of course our Eagles. Hurts is not the future. But he might still be our only option come 2022 for another year

Possible add ons

Browns (Mayfield on last year of deal and is crap)

Seahawks (if they move Wilson)

Raiders (prob not)

Vikings (prob not)

Don't forget about the 'aints. I think they make a play for Wilson and they eventually land him

12 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

I dont think I said he was horrible nor did you say he was great

The team isnt a ish show now.  That comes next year if the Eagles continue painting themselves into a corner and make him our guy

Im pretty sure I predicted 9-10 wins so I knew what this team was.   They are carrying our below average QB and somehow you all are fooled

who is "you all"?

6 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Patriots - Bills would be fun to watch.  Colts - Bengals also would be fun to watch.  

Wish I had watched that game yesterday rather than the Eagles' game.

10 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Another topic.   This was a clean hit.  Should be no flag, but as usual the result rather than the action is what they call.   

Either way you don't catch the flag

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

You mean when Tampa slept walked through most of the game, turned it on like a light switch and still beat us. Ya, we almost came back and won alright. 

The only chance the Eagles have beating Tompa is if the Buccs keep getting hurt

The only chance we would have is if one guy in particular gets hurt. He could play with a pop warner team surrounding him and beat us. 

Guest justrelax
17 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

@justrelax I believe had some comments on him and the 'hype'.  I'll defer to him.  Also @BigEFly I'm sure has some words as well.  Testing vs tape/play are completely separate things!

IIRC, my comments about him were basically that he played A gap to A gap. I probably hedged my bets by saying that may be all that was asked of him but may not be all he's capable of.  Based on what I've seen, he's not ideal for Stoutland's system because Stout pulls everybody. @HazletonEagle has a point, though. Creed's 3-cone was phenomenal.

P.S. I much prefer Linderbaum.

5 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Even with a shorthand Bucs team, Eagles will get smacked 

But if they don't imagine how embarrassing that would be for the Bucs 

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I still love him. Big dude, big arm and can read a defense. sure you lose the mobility but with the talent on this team, A pocket passer with a gannon would be ideal

I don’t care for the mobility part. I’d just like one that can read a defense, can make the throws, and make quick and good decisions

If Sirianni did half the nonsense Brandon Staley has done this year, he'd be a national punching bag by now. Don't believe anyone who tells you press conferences don't matter.

3 minutes ago, greend said:

Either way you don't catch the flag

Agreed.  I was focusing on the hit and the penalty, not his reaction... but I have a soft spot in my heart for that sort of thing.

HumphreyThrowsFlag.jpg

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

I'm glad they've finally been feeding Smith the past couple games. More targets

He is averaging 5 targets a game the last month.  I guess that is a lot for a team that passes the least in the league.

10 minutes ago, greend said:

Bro, you are not making any sense here. Reagor is rarely targeted anyways. 

Im saying that that would be the only way for Hurts to "feed" Smith.  Smith would have to basically run a bunch of shallow crosses and quick screens so Hurts could get the ball to him.  Anything downfield, you can forget it.  Unfortunately that is where Smith's skill set shines the brightest, beyond 5 yards from the LOS.

Think about how Rodgers feeds Adams.  Or how the Rams feed Cupp.  They work all levels of the defense. 

Hurts cant execute like that, and you cant just make Smith the first read on every downfield throw.  

No WR will ever enjoy that type of success with Hurts.  Just wipe it from your brain, its not happening.  Randy Moss would be a 5 catch for 60 yard guy here

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He is averaging 5 targets a game the last month.  I guess that is a lot for a team that passes the least in the league.

I guess it's more then he was getting early on. And a team who's qb accuracy is one of the worst I've seen in recent memory 

8 minutes ago, greend said:

But if they don't imagine how embarrassing that would be for the Bucs 

I just can't see it. Maybe if they were playing the Cards then ok

Just now, Mike31mt said:

Im saying that that would be the only way for Hurts to "feed" Smith.  Smith would have to basically run a bunch of shallow crosses and quick screens so Hurts could get the ball to him.  Anything downfield, you can forget it.  Unfortunately that is where Smith's skill set shines the brightest, beyond 5 yards from the LOS.

Think about how Rodgers feeds Adams.  Or how the Rams feed Cupp.  They work all levels of the defense. 

Hurts cant execute like that, and you cant just make Smith the first read on every downfield throw.  

No WR will ever enjoy that type of success with Hurts.  Just wipe it from your brain, its not happening.  Randy Moss would be a 5 catch for 60 yard guy here

Look... no one can feed Smith.  Look at that dude.  He needs a cheesesteak!!!

SmithDev21_0.jpg

12 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

You mean when Tampa slept walked through most of the game, turned it on like a light switch and still beat us. Ya, we almost came back and won alright. 

Alright, guess you won't be tuning in then since you already know the outcome. 

51 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Let's pump the brakes on calling that second half insane NBC Philly.  Mundane is more like it.

14 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

He's talking about the 4th quarter garbage time. The Bucs were up big and played loose. After the Eagles scored a couple garbage time tds they stopped fn around and ended the game. No way that happens in the PO

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Look... no one can feed Smith.  Look at that dude.  He needs a cheesesteak!!!

SmithDev21_0.jpg

I really thought that’d be an issue. So glad to be wrong that him being so thin would be a problem

22 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Well said and well thought out post.  And I think most level headed fans feel this way about Hurts.  Most aren’t anointing him "the guy” just yet, most think the "jury is still out” on him.  That said, the guy has clearly improved and is leading his team to wins.   Unfortunately most "Hurts haters” are too blind (or angry for whatever reason) to see it. 

Most people I see talking about it in here like Hurts but after watching him for a full season of games plus a few from last year don't think he is a good enough passer to be a franchise QB in today's pass first NFL.  They also don't think he can develop into one.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

We know that...

Can you imagine what Todd Bowles would do with Hurts if it was his main focus. yeesh

Stop the run, have Hurts roll out left.... there's your ballgame 

28 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Yeah everyone who disagrees with you is just a hater.  Thats it

Not the fact that our QB played like utter trash and the team carried him to a 20+ pt win.

This team is developing into a competitor everywhere but QB.

Disagree with what?  I’m "somewhere in the middle” when it comes to Hurts.   I’m easily in the vast majority when it comes to the fan base….most fans likely feel like I do when it comes to Hurts.  So yes, the loud vocal minority that think Hurts is "bad at everything  " are exactly that…”Hurts Haters” and most of their reasoning is nonsensical. 

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

This is the problem. 

He is NOT leading his team to wins, in fact he's hurting the chances of the Eagles win. 

Did you watch yesterday, or any game?  As soon as we take the ball out of his hands we do better. 

This offensive line and head coach is leading  this team. Thinking of crazy ways to be creative running wise because he cant be trusted to throw the ball. 

The offensive line are (without question) the MVP’s of the offense this year.  We can agree there.  

Playing meaningful games in January is quite an accomplishment based on my expectations...the opportunity for top 10 draft picks has sailed..the QB is flawed but winning games. There is time for reflection and genuine talent assessments when the season is over...everything positive right now that is happening is good for the team for the long term. I am just enjoying the ride...

Archived