EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Do we have an identity yet? 

No.  I think everyone including the coaches are still trying to figure things out.

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

the second angle of the replay that I saw looked really bad. I wouldnt be surprised if he gets surgery on that ankle and misses months. Maybe even IR. 

That might be nicer for our nerves anyway rather than sweating it out all season with each injury he gets. Just know we are getting a 2nd and move on. 

I assumed 2nd, and was going to be happy with a first.   If it remains a 2nd... so be it.  Hopefully it's a top 45 pick.

20 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Were people surprised that it happened, or disappointed in how it happened?  They were first and goal from the 6 after a 91 yard bomb, and then were first and goal from the 1 after the DPI... they came away with 0 points.  That's bad, no matter how it is sliced.  The decision to go for it on 4th down was aggressive, but stupid.  The decision to do a more predictable version (Greg Ward has been invisible so far this season) and poorly designed version of the Philly Special on 4th down just increased the frustration.  Not a single run from the 1 yard line on first and goal?   

I am not surprised in the ultimate outcome.  I expected 5 wins.  I expected a loss yesterday.  But, I was disappointed in how that loss came about.  The defense was decent.  The offense was not, in fact, the offense looked completely lost and unimaginative.  The TEs might be the strongest position on offense of the skill positions, but seemed to be completely missing from the game plan.  

It's a good thing we kept the playbook under wraps during the preseason. The element of surprise cannot be overestimated.

3 hours ago, Godfather said:

Pissin in my cheerios this morning 😑 

greend's aim is so good that he is pissin through your cheerios.

Just now, mattwill said:

greend's aim is so good that he is pissin through your cheerios.

That....or his equipment is the right size for cheerios :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, BwianWestbwook said:

I just hope we're not trying to use Minshew and Hurts once we decide Hurts isn't good enough

You mean use them both at the same time or rotating them at QB?

12 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Out of curiosity, how much of an anchor cap hit do we have with Brooks and Graham until their contracts are clear?  (Thanks Howie).  If they retire in February, how much of that hit goes away?

If they retire in February and get BS PR appearance gigs commensurate with the guarantees in their contracts that retirement would bypass, how many red flags with the nfl does that set off?

I'm pretty sure the answer on that is none.  If they retire post-June 1, I think the hit is spread out, but none of it goes away.  Only thing that might go away would be guaranteed salary.  Neither of them has any guaranteed salary for 2022, iirc.

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Do we have an identity yet? 

Back and to the right. Back and to the right. 

28 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Yes overall Mailata played really well yesterday against a good front. But to list him giving up zero pressures/sacks/QB hits is just....wrong

They have a different definition of a sack, and its not the statistical one. 

Again, it's an analytical approach.  They ignore kneel downs.  They discount garbage time yards.

For instance, a CB gets beat but the ball is underthrown and hits him in the back of the helmet.  The box score gives him a PD.  PFF wont.

I wouldn't ask them to prepare my taxes.  But by the end of the season, with a large amount of data, they are pretty accurate in who was good and who was bad.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I assumed 2nd, and was going to be happy with a first.   If it remains a 2nd... so be it.  Hopefully it's a top 45 pick.

Unless his ankle is broken, I’d be surprised if he didn’t try to play through it. Was watching that game (was on the tv right next to the eagles game). They took his shoe off on the sideline and got it back on. he was trying his best to move and show he could go back out there. Wentz was pretty upset when they told him he wasn’t going to go back out there. Like pacing around and visibly upset. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

San Fran does not have a top defense.  They got trashed by a garbage Detroit team last week.  They just happened to outscore them and win the game.    San Fran was missing their #1 running back and their top corner.  Jimmy G is not that good of a QB.  To shine up San Fran (especially their defense) to make it seem like we got some sort of moral victory is typical Afan and it's desperate.  We wouldn't let Dallas fans do it after they lost in week 1.  And they had a bigger reason to do so.  We lost at home to a West Coast team at 1 pm who won 6 games last year.  

I think with Detroit they got up so big and then just let off the gas. Plus a stupid onside kick at the end that they botched didn't help. I think San Fran is a good team. 

4 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Nova or some other dolt?

Please remember at one time there was a helluva a poster as well as a helluva man that posted under that name. RIP Nova Scotia 

14 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

One thing that disgusted me the most yesterday was the amount of San Fran fans in the stands.  I knew that if Lowie continued to drive this franchise into the ground, that the visiting teams fans presence would increase.  But damn, I was hoping it wasn't going to happen during the home opener.  I wonder if Lurie even cares.  He might have been too busy breaking down film of recent plays and jotting down notes to go over with the coaches to notice.  

Mentioned this yesterday as well.  From the broadcast it seemed liked half the stadium was wearing red.  49ers chants were clear as day at the end of the game.  I also never really thought of the 49ers as having a huge traveling fan base.

9 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I know.  I just would rather have Minshew next in line instead of Flacco.  

I feel like Minshew is the best pure QB on the roster yet he sits at 3rd string.  Hurts to me isn't a great QB but he is a playmaker.

I just figured they can't cut Flacco so trading him is the only possible thing to get rid of him. 

If Hurts is injured for an extended period, I believe Minshew would leap frog Flacco.  He might even do it any way at some point, but he was just added to the roster a couple weeks ago, so he's likely still learning the offense, checks, etc. 

4 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

You mean use them both at the same time or rotating them at QB?

Yeah either one, once we decide it should be Minshew all the way

5 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

That....or his equipment is the right size for cheerios :ph34r:

Your wife thought it was good enough, eh?

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I think with Detroit they got up so big and then just let off the gas. Plus a stupid onside kick at the end that they botched didn't help. I think San Fran is a good team. 

image.png.04d5a2ef6fd90c4e169ee8021a2a5e04.png

8 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Nova or some other dolt?

Please refer to him as "Ace Nova" or just "Ace".   Many of us had a friend on here that went by 'nova'... and we still mourn his loss and Ace Nova is nothing like him.   Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

If Hurts is injured for an extended period, I believe Minshew would leap frog Flacco.  He might even do it any way at some point, but he was just added to the roster a couple weeks ago, so he's likely still learning the offense, checks, etc. 

That explains it. Minshew took home the part of the playbook that exploits the middle of the field.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

San Fran does not have a top defense.  They got trashed by a garbage Detroit team last week.  They just happened to outscore them and win the game.    San Fran was missing their #1 running back and their top corner.  Jimmy G is not that good of a QB.  To shine up San Fran (especially their defense) to make it seem like we got some sort of moral victory is typical Afan and it's desperate.  We wouldn't let Dallas fans do it after they lost in week 1.  And they had a bigger reason to do so.  We lost at home to a West Coast team at 1 pm who won 6 games last year.  

I think the niners have a solid defense. They have issues at corner that the eagles couldn’t exploit or when they did reagor makes a bad mistake. However that lions game is deceiving cause they got up something like 38-10 and took their foot off the gas and allowed them back into the game. the lions tend to do this even with Stafford. They go down 20-30 points then late in the game make a comeback to make it look much closer cause the team basically took their foot off the gas. I believe the lions did this to the Saints last year. Saints statistically we’re a top 5 defense in ppg. Saints got up 35-14 midway through the third quarter and the lions got it to 35-29. 

6 minutes ago, greend said:

Please remember at one time there was a helluva a poster as well as a helluva man that posted under that name. RIP Nova Scotia 

Yup.

5 minutes ago, greend said:

I second that emotion.

When I started reposting  recently, one of my first reactions was to that screen name.  Out of respect I would have preferred those four letters in sequence would be in the EMB Ring of Honor.

Yes apologies, Nova was a good man and poster. 

I was definitely referring to the drunk Ace, will refrain from using just Nova in the future. 

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Their defense is not a top defense.  That is what Afan was using to justify our boneheaded offense yesterday.  

They were 6th in defensive DVOA last season.

But whatever, that's what you are using to justify your boneheaded posts today.

:smoke:

Archived