EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

But wait.  I was told we have good to great DL line depth.  We have Kerrigen and Barnett.  

We do. Every team is going to miss their best EDGE player.

We won the SB with Vaitai at LT. We weren't better off without Peters. We just survived it.

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Hurts would run on that play for about ten yards. 

And Philly beat writers would blow him for it. 

Just now, RLC said:

We do. Every team is going to miss their best EDGE player.

We won the SB with Vaitai at LT. We weren't better off without Peters. We just survived it.

I think a lot of teams would love to have Barnett, Sweat and Kerrigan as their edge 3-4. 

5 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Strictly from a fan and entertainment standpoint, Flacco is unwatchable. He was at the end of his run in Baltimore, in Denver, with the Jets, and in the preseason last month. Just an awful quarterback to watch. Minshew at least has some juice to him. And if it gets to that point, the season is done anyway so might as well have someone decently fun to watch back there. 

Oh I know, I just rather keep the trade a 6th instead of making it a 5th if either has to play and winning is even more pointless 

3 minutes ago, SB52 said:

I think my strategy would be to guarantee myself $10,000 with a pregame hedge, then hope to find some in-game spots at a much better price.

He has to put up $60,000 to guarantee himself $10,000 with GB as a -600 ML favorite. 

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Overall, the Eagles kept the 49ers from hitting 20.  Better than I expected. Need to open the routes up more or force Hurts to accept them.  Cowpads like to press so are susceptible on slants, crossing patterns, mesh etc.  

I keep seeing this argument for the defense that they kept the 49ers from scoring 20 but after looking at there’s still work to be done on that side of the ball too  

The Eagles gave up drives of 11 plays for 7:00 minutes 

Another Drive of 12 plays for 5:00

Plus a Drive of 16plays that covered 9:00! 

The Eagles started the game very well defensively forcing 4 straight punts but as those long drives will wear out a defense. 

Just now, BDawk_ASamuel said:

He has to put up $60,000 to guarantee himself $10,000 with GB as a -600 ML favorite. 

Yeah. That’s why I wouldn’t go overboard with the pregame hedge. That still leaves you $650,000+.

3 minutes ago, SB52 said:

Yeah. That’s why I wouldn’t go overboard with the pregame hedge. That still leaves you $650,000+.

Then if the game ends in a tie he can find the nearest bridge 😬

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That was the single worst play of the day for Hurts. Easy play to what I imagine is his primary read. 

3 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Then if the game ends in a tie he can find the nearest bridge 😬

It’s not like the parlay cards we had as kids, though. Ties are pushes. The straight bet would be a refund and the parlay would revert to a (one less) team parlay and pay accordingly.

After week 1 I stated in here that I was curious to see if hurts could hit some deep shots and also work the middle of the field.

As has been established week 1 all his passes were to the flats and outside both hashes and not much air yards either 

I haven't seen his passing chart but I can't remember him hitting too many over the middle or down the seem passes, and his deep balls were pretty inconsistent and all those deep shots were down the sideline none over the middle.

If hurts can't hit passes over the middle then defenses will continue to take away other areas until he proves he can make them pay.

So far after two games he has shown he can't, how long does Sirrianni keep hurts in if hurts continues to show he can't or won't???

I’m way in the minority, but I was really excited by what we saw yesterday. 

The Eagles went toe-to-toe with one of the league’s best, didn’t play well, and still had multiple chances to win the game.

Hurts needs to be better. In fact, he was much better against ATL. Let’s give him a few months before making any kind of judgment.

Also, Sirianni IS GOING TO MAKE MISTAKES FOR THE NEXT YEAR AND A HALF. He’s a first-time head coach. You either live with this fact or you don’t hire a first-time coach.

18 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

WR1

We got two in the top 10… only team in the league that can say that! 

41 minutes ago, RLC said:

I think we're going to miss him so much more than people realize. He's our best run defender at EDGE, the guy who plays the hardest, and does everything asked of him. More Barnett snaps is a significant downgrade.

The BG loss is huge.  Play on the field, emotional leader, and energy provider. It's also going to be very quiet out there now.  

41 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Late to the arm strength debate. I've always been of the opinion Hurts has enough arm to play QB, but it is limited, so he needs to be accurate, with great mechanics and get the throw off precisely in time. If any of the three are slightly off, you are going to get an inconsistent pass like we saw yesterday. You can win with this, but clearly there's more you need to overcome with this approach vs a QB who has above average to elite arm strength. With Hurts, you will never get a throw like this which Herbert does routinely. 

There can be no debate that Hurts has a "+" arm.  So, you are 100% correct.  Anticipation needs to be heightened as well.  He needs to see the field before he would if he had a cannon, because if he doesn't throw until he sees the window, the window may be closed by the time the ball arrives.  Things need to be on-time and on-target more so with a QB with limited arm strength.   Jeff Garcia never had a great arm, but he had very good anticipation and could make up for the decreased velocity by throwing sooner.  

You can win with a limited arm, but like you said, the offense needs to be adjusted for it, and not in terms of limiting certain parts of the field, just in terms of how you attack them, and what his reads need to be.

41 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Overall, the Eagles kept the 49ers from hitting 20.  Better than I expected. Need to open the routes up more or force Hurts to accept them.  Cowpads like to press so are susceptible on slants, crossing patterns, mesh etc.  

The next slant, crossing pattern, or mesh that Hurts throws from the pocket this season will be the first, I think.

Just now, downundermike said:

PFF, what an absolute joke.

The only perspective they could take is that the right side collapsed in on Hurts and made the initial contact, while Bosa just "cleaned up". Still, how you don't give him a pressure/sack/QB hit on that play is baffling? 

38 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah but other than the Eagles, who would need a QB like Flacco?  Houston?  You think they care?  Washington?  Nah, they are staying with a Hickey from Kenickie.  No one is going to trade you anything for him to be their starter.  I told everyone who the QB to trade is on this roster.  People don't want to hear it.  

I know but I'm just trying to find ways to move Minshew up to #2 once Hurts gets injured.  

Archived